Options Community Services

Options Community Services Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews

placegreatworkcommunitypeopleworkingmanagementjob

Great team = great experience

The Agency is large, many different areas of work, and each with different managers/management styles. Some areas and teams have a lot more flexibility than others. I was lucky to work on a fabulous team that really valued each other.

A friendly diverse community

When I worked there over 10 years ago, management was wonderful. They don't micromanage, are easy to talk to and really support their employees through training and other community activities. They value diversity and truly care about helping others.

Insights into Options Community Services

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Dedicated . Collaborative work environment

I feel fortunate to have been able to grow and learn with a group of dedicated group of people committed to bringing hope and belonging to the community where we work

Productive fun place to work learned a lot got to connect with awesome residents

I really enjoyed my time at options, I was treated really well through my 4/1/2 years of employment with this organization from start to finish. I got nothing but good things to say about this organization they have great upper management who really thrive on helping others including there employees. If your looking for a rewarding opportunity I would highly suggest you apply here they offer excellent benefits and flexible hours they provide great support on employee’s mental health they really seem to care about their employees. I learned so much with options and I’m truly grateful for this organization and what they do for others there organization should be called giving back because they are always helping others. Thank you to everyone who made this possible during my time there I’ll never forget the gifts I learned at options.

Pros

Great benefits, great upper management great pay MPP flexible hours paid training

Cons

N/a

I’m pleased to work with options

It was my first job here in Canada I found options community service a good place for work. the staffs are kind and supportive and respect each other’s

No typical work day

Everyday there is something new. Clients are nice to work with, easy to get along with for the most part. Focused on serving clients needs, community connections and building life skills. Overall, an enjoyable place to work.

Horrible inexperienced management but clients great to work with

This company has great potential to cultivate a positive work culture however like many companies, they don't practice what they preach. Their mission statement is fantastic however the reality for working there is the complete opposiite. There has been ALOT of staff turnover because of terrible mangement (or managers) very few programs are lucky to have supportive" Leaders" not someone inexperienced on a power trip which cultivated a very negative work culture. Again, really enjoyed working in the program helping clients integrate into the community. Big changes need to happen if this company wants their staff to stay long term, turning a blind eye won't help for much longer. Pay and benefits were great. Thats about it!

Pros

Pay, benefits, experience working in MHSU field

Cons

Rude/Disrespectful Management, being on call and not get paid

over all good workplace

because my job was based on a government contract there was the stress of the unknown when contract time came. So I opted to move on before that happened. It really was an enjoyable place to work where i felt welcomed and respected by my colleagues.

Pros

great hours, holidays and benefits

Cons

contract work

Good place to work at

Productive and friendly. a multicultural and diverse community. People are helpful and respectful. Open and collaborative environment. I was fun and enjoyable to work at.

Pros

friendly people

Productive - team focused

Options Community Services provides a productive environment that allows opportunity for growth and expansion both personally and professionally in the social sector.

Great Place for Experience

Great place to start your career. The staff and overall company is amazing to work for and great atmosphere. I strongly recommend working for Options, the salary and compensation is also a plus.

Rewarding place to work at

Friendly atmosphere, It can be stressful at times as we serve the marginal clientele in the community. Most people that work are relatively friendly. The management can sometimes unsupportive and the upper management can be unreachable at times. Overall the place is a good place to work.

Poor Management

A lack of professional boundaries between management and employees. Any concerns fall on dead ears. Management chooses to not address workers concerns

Great place to work. Liked team members and supervisiors

Great place to work. Lots of educational additional training. Did outreach, supported clients with Mental Illness.. Help support clients to have balance in their life. Taught clients many life skills.

A great place to work

Options is a great place to work and make new friends. The staff are friendly and helpful and professional I wish I was a staff sometimes of options.

Pros

Low cost lunches

Cons

Amazing people with challenging work load.

Amazing people. Very hard working staff. Very kind hearted coworkers. Effective problem solvers, and open to thinking outside the box. Disunity between departments, Physical separation of staff, Communication challenges, Sometimes intense and stressful situations.

Pros

Cons

Disunity between departments, Physical seperation of staff, Communication challenges, Sometimes intense and stressful situations

Great Programs - Poor Management

Management often takes a stance based on community perception as opposed to protecting employees, that being said, this organization provides many essential programs and services to local communities and it does feel good to do good and be a part of that.

enjoyable

great employees and staff working here dedicated to helping everyone new to canada and in helping them with English and jobs, and health. and other resources

It was ok

It was an ok place to work. For a non-profit organization, they don't really seem to care much about the employees. There has also been a big change in management that has affected this.

Everything about this non-profit is great. Great work atmosphere. They always make sure to hire minorities so our job atmosphere is always very diverse. We always learn from each other and have learnt to laugh.

Pros

Ongoing conference's opportunities

Cons

Pay is always lower compared to for profit companies

Review

Can be mentally and physically draining. Staff are great and understanding. Program manager is amazing and easy to talk to. Can always lean on staff when things are tough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Options Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement