Optimum Wellness Centres

Clear
3.2Job security & advancement

workstaffclinicpayheadofficeoptimumpeople

Stressful at first

Initially there was a lot to learn as a clinic assistant which was stressful. However, I slowly got the hang of it and it got better. There was a pretty good amount of support from head office for me.

Pros

Good Co-Workers

Cons

Complicated Job sometimes

Not recommended

Stressful environment. Expected to do a million jobs in a small timeframe by yourself. “Help” was offered but never came through. Management acted like high school girls - if they didn’t like you , you’re screwed. Acknowledgement of doing a good job is rare.

Pros

Some people are nice

Insights into Optimum Wellness Centres

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Zero respect and lazy front staff

I left this company as their pay structure was awful. I was the first Rapid NFR practitioner there and at the time I fought to get my technique paid for at a higher rate. It's there now but they refused at the time. The receptionist was lazy and back dated her work so I ended up losing well over $10k as well that I never got paid on.

Pros

They tend to book you solid

Cons

Almost everything

under valued

They expect a lot with little reward. If you become ill, it is your responsibility to find coverage. If no coverage can be found, you must go into work or be penalized. This includes holiday time. Once you submit a holiday request, you need to start looking for coverage. If your time is approved, and coverage is not found, you are expected to work. The pay is not worth the amount of work and micro managing. You will be expected to work all over Calgary and surrounding areas (any place they have a clinic and coverage is needed).

Great Team of People

Great team of people working at Optimum. I have had great experiences with both practitioners and head office staff. There is a lot of flexibility when you work at Optimum and this gives you a great way to start in building a practice.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

None that I can think of

Rewarding place to work

Working for Optimum Wellness Centres has been extremely rewarding. Everyday you feel that you are helping people and making a difference in their lives. Nothing is more rewarding than that! If you're looking for an opportunity to be challenged and grow, this company will change your life.

Lots to learn about small and medium size operations

Complex structure and lots of work and lots to learn and every day is a new adventure! Too many deadlines and routine job but lots of fun dealing with CRA and vendors on regular basis.

Pros

lots to learn

High Job Satisfaction, Low Salary

As a chiropractor, I get the privilege of education people to live a well-balanced healthy life. I also am lucky to enable natural healing through my treatments. However, building a practice is difficult and thus, making a living is very challenging. Over time, this will improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optimum Wellness Centres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement