Optimum Wellness Centres

Optimum Wellness Centres Pay & benefits reviews

Canada30 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Really enjoyed my time here

This job is VERY stressful to learn, but extremely rewarding and enjoyable. I had no prior clinic experience which did not help. There is a lot to learn and you are expected to learn fast. Optimum offers a lot of support and training and patience to learn. Once you get the hang of it, it’s so fun. I have most always felt support and trust from management. It isn’t terribly difficult to get time off and they offer a benefits plan for fully time employee. It definitely varies from clinic to clinic. The busier clinics are a lot harder as they are fast paced. If you can meet that pace and enjoy quick thinking they’re perfect. The slower clinics are nice too. You get to know the patients well. The only issue that caused problems for me is often the practitioners do not understand how difficult it is to be a clinic assistant. They pay admin fees so often they treat you like a personal assistant, and forget that you manage multiple practitioners at once and have entirely separate job duties of your own. Expectations of you are high, but reasonable. The problem with the busier clinics is that the expectations of you are higher, but the pay is the same. Regardless, I think the pay is fair for the expectations. I feel respected and appreciated by optimum wellness centres and I would recommend working there.

Pros

Supportive staff, good benefits, fair pay

Cons

Higher than normal turnover, difficult to learn

Optimum

On top of the 60% therapists are payed. The head office takes a huge chunk out of our salary for admin and appointment fees. I understand that we get bookings through our admin, however if you're a therapist that does not see a lot of patients then it's a huge blow to your income. Head office seems to focus on their more established therapists than their new ones. Meaning, you'll probably sit in your massage room for 8 hours hoping that at least one patient comes in. Weeks with open schedules but head office does not give you the resources, nor book you with patients. Chiropractors and physio with full schedules. it seems like massage therapist have to start from zero. Thanks optimum for advertising the average salary of a massage therapist. Most of your therapist don't even make close to what you advertise. Other than that staff are friendly and encouraging.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Bad pay

Insights into Optimum Wellness Centres

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Very professional organization

Extremely understanding management. They take care of you and cooperate in every way possible so you get a convenient and relaxed work atmosphere. The doctors and other staff are extremely understanding and helpful. Very ethical work environment. Once you are off work, you never receive calls or any other form of disturbance from work. A perfect work- life balance.

Pros

Monthly treats, coupons, Heath benefits, multiple locations for convenience

under valued

They expect a lot with little reward. If you become ill, it is your responsibility to find coverage. If no coverage can be found, you must go into work or be penalized. This includes holiday time. Once you submit a holiday request, you need to start looking for coverage. If your time is approved, and coverage is not found, you are expected to work. The pay is not worth the amount of work and micro managing. You will be expected to work all over Calgary and surrounding areas (any place they have a clinic and coverage is needed).

If you like not getting paid but the company is not necessarily bad

Do not work here as a practitioner! If a patient who is coming to see you is involved in a lawsuit they don’t pay upfront the appointment is billed to their lawyer you don't get paid until the case settles. Here you have outstanding payments for 3-5 years for thousands of dollars if you're at a busy location and you aren't even guaranteed that money. This is something they do NOT tell new hires about so watch out when your paycheque is a fraction of what you think it's going to be! Note depending on the location you could possibly make a living but some locations have more PAYING patients than others.

Pros

Call centre, duties made clear, Freedom of schedule

Cons

Not getting paid for hours you’ve worked upfront, Revolving door of support staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optimum Wellness Centres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement