Optimum Wellness Centres

Massage Therapist5 reviews
Canada5 reviews

3.1Pay & benefits

flexible hours

The staff is very busy and sometimes has trouble booking in clients. the hours are flexible. not very busy for myself as a therapist. co workers were very polite and professional.

Optimum

On top of the 60% therapists are payed. The head office takes a huge chunk out of our salary for admin and appointment fees. I understand that we get bookings through our admin, however if you're a therapist that does not see a lot of patients then it's a huge blow to your income. Head office seems to focus on their more established therapists than their new ones. Meaning, you'll probably sit in your massage room for 8 hours hoping that at least one patient comes in. Weeks with open schedules but head office does not give you the resources, nor book you with patients. Chiropractors and physio with full schedules. it seems like massage therapist have to start from zero. Thanks optimum for advertising the average salary of a massage therapist. Most of your therapist don't even make close to what you advertise. Other than that staff are friendly and encouraging.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Bad pay

Insights into Optimum Wellness Centres

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Zero respect and lazy front staff

I left this company as their pay structure was awful. I was the first Rapid NFR practitioner there and at the time I fought to get my technique paid for at a higher rate. It's there now but they refused at the time. The receptionist was lazy and back dated her work so I ended up losing well over $10k as well that I never got paid on.

Pros

They tend to book you solid

Cons

Almost everything

Great Opportunity For An RMT

Optimum has allowed me to have flexible hours and the ability to increase my knowledge by working in a multidisciplinary clinic. The head office team is very helpful and will go out of their way to assist you! I would absolutely recommend working for Optimum as an RMT!

Even if you are starting out, you can do better than Optimum.

Their employment contract is over 80 pages of legalese and says if you create anything during your employment it belongs to Optimum. I've never received such a low monthly wage (yes they pay monthly) as when I worked for Optimum, and they seem to count on a revolving door of therapists. After three months of negotiating they still can't tell me if they sent a cheque to me last year or when they will pay the balance of what they owe me from when I worked there 3 years ago. I wonder if they count on frustrating their massage therapists to such a degree that the therapist gives up so Optimum can subsume the profits? It seems there is growing consent in the massage therapy community that Optimum is not a fair or caring employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optimum Wellness Centres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement