Optima Communications international Inc

Optima Communications international Inc Employee Reviews

Canada146 reviews
decent place to work
this is a call centre so you have to expect it has the environment of one. The project i was on was fun and exciting but there were other campaigns not as good. It was a good learning experience.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
low pay.
Good times and friends made
In the beginning it was great building teams and competitive for sales.....well rewarded and many incentives to keep you interested....it was fun back then. Great place to learn the rules....
Won’t recommend.. better use your time looking for other jobs!
Bad work environment. Minimum pay for most processes, not many benefits.
Not sure about job security. Avoid if you can.
Decent place
Call center environment. The pay is terrible but the job is good and the hours are great and management is not too bad. If it paid more I would happily become a lifer
Awful place to work
It's a low-paid uninspiring telemarketing job where one is expected to read scripts all day long to angry customers. Great place to start if you are desperate for experience or just arrived in Canada with no job prospects.
Not a fan
Basically working as a telemarketer, will get hung up on very often. Being able to sell product over the phone is a necessary skill to suceed and enjoy this job. The people I worked with were great, but customers don't seem to enjoy being called when they sit down for supper.
As good as any call centre
It's alright. Nothing comes to mind that sets them apart, really.
Pay is fair, management is hit or miss (mostly miss, though my supervisor was ok), washrooms are disgusting.
Pros
You can earn up to $3 per hour in performance bonuses; after 5 years of working there!
Cons
Washrooms. Management and Supervisors play favourites.
No room to advance at all
Location is good for me

Absolutely no room to advance. Management likes to play favourites.

They treat you like you are n in hopes to get you to quit so they don’t have to pay severance. Don’t work here
Pros
They renovated the bathrooms so they look nice, as well they painted so everything looks fresh. Location.
Cons
Afternoon shift.
Inbound call centre
This place offers either inbound customer service or Outbound sales in a call centre environment. I think there a good opportunities here, and having worked for other call centres In the area I think the culture here is much better.
Fun place to work
Fast-paced yet enjoyable working for Hydro Ottawa Division of Optima. Colleagues are amazing and management are also great. Pay is perfectly fine and location is in prime Whitby.
good place to work, pay could be better
good place to work, pay could be better, typical day at work. not much room for advancement. could be good for those that want to work temporarily.....
company
As much as is a good environment to work in , the management & the communication between companies are lacking, it is not the most organised work place ever.
Working At Optima
This company is absolutely dreadful to work for. The offices are old and dirty the Whitby Office is especially nasty. The management treats you like you are not important and easily replaced. the campaign I was on (Alectra) you get a 10 min break and cant leave till you are tagged to go by the person who has there break before you. The culture is horrible management is horrible I chose to leave Optima after being there for 6 months as the company is so terrible to work for. Do yourself a favor and run in the opposite direction this company offers no benefits and no job stability they have a revolving door mentality
One Of The Worst Places You Could EVER work
Worked for about six months at this gem top agent for the entire time Management is clueless no idea how to run a center she likes to control everything and everybody run far far away be forewarned!
Need to pay full attention no margins of error
I don't have any complain about my current position. I start at 8:00 am and finish @ 4:30 pm Depending on work load and requirement I have to stay late till 6:00 pm.
I think if we work sincerely and pay full attention thing become easier.

Our management is very strict about punctuality.

Starting late or coming late from break is not acceptable people do get action plan if they do so.

Thing I don't like is they don't consider seniors for promotion. There is favoritism which is very visible when it comes to promotion or raise.

Other wise if you are performing well and punctual no one bothers you.
Reasonable Full-Time Job
Management was quite open and made it easy to feel comfortable coming to work. Often, the company would hire people who did not care much about the job - which resulted in other employees having to pick up the slack. The performance bonuses were good and it was a very secure position as long as you actually tried.
Pros
Good Hours/Fun
Cons
Low Pay
rude customers
didnt have very friendly customers, was over the phone, some employees were good some were just rude I just didnt bother with them, management wernt that great very strict
Good working environment.
Excellent working environment with a great team. Achieved goals as per the company's requirement. Flexible working hours. Great team leaders always there to help.
Just an OK place to work. Too repeatitive, no advancement.
This is just a slightly 'above average' call center but not by much. Management stands around and talks to each other more than anything, though always available when needed. Favoritism happens a lot, and when trained for, or ask for other responsibilities, are told "wait, its coming" and never does.

A shame with certain circumstances happen in LIFE, you're unable to return to the workplace, even though you are a great worker and are almost never coached or make errors. They lose out on good people that way, though take back people who just up and quit, and give the excuse that 'company policy' dictates cannot return, because no notice given but others can. Doesn't make sense. I loved my job and my time there, was hoping to go back, but its their loss.

A good filler job, or a place where you belong if you like repetition and no job movement.
Pros
Great hours, Great location...
Cons
Clients demand too much, no advancement, no job variation, same thing day after day after day, no variety.
It paid the bills
- for the amount of work they wanted you to do the pay was not enough
- never felt secure in the job because they hired and fired people very quickly.
Don't waste your time
I worked there for about a year or so, but in the end the experience is the only reason I stayed (so i can move on to a better job).

The hours aren't the best, but it depends on a person's schedule. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you end up doing, barely any incentive and almost impossible to get a bonus at all.

Absolutely horrible management, worst i've even seen. They are probably some of the most incompetent people you'll meet in this lifetime. No will whatsoever to progress or make the company adapt and evolve. They are on your back 24/7 about things that are out of your control and constantly harass you.

There was even a point where an employee's personal property was damaged by someone and nothing was ever done and the situation was brushed off.

All i'm saying is that if you decide to work here, don't make it permanent. Take your experience and find something else that's worth your effort and your time.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no incentive, schedule changes without prior notice
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Communications international Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6