Optima Communications international Inc
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Optima Communications international Inc Employee Reviews

Canada200 reviews

The company employees that worked there were nice.

Its a good place to start if you have no experience and want to learn call center work. There are many different job roles within this large company. I was in insurance sales and as a sales person I enjoyed the work and found it challenging, but sales work is not for everyone. We followed a script but you tweeked it geard to the individual you were speaking with. The center used an automatic dialer so the pace with quick, this made the day go by fast.

Ne travaillez pas ici

Pire compagnie de tout le temps! Ne respecte pas la paie des employés Pas de commission en vente Aucune assure et milieu stressant Ne travaillez pas à cet endroit On croirait des porcs qui travaillent Exploitation à 100%

Insights into Optima Communications international Inc

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Customer Service Representative

I spent 3 years with Optima and I have been a happy employee throughout. I worked for Toronto Hydro campaign. Management is always very supportive and helps you in all perspective. I got great exposure and learnt a lot from my coaches. I am changing my professional career else I had no plans to switch. Maybe if I get an opportunity, I will rejoin back part time too. Thank you for making my journey soo delightful..

Pay is well+work from home

you can work from home and it’s pretty great. not a lot of calls and management is super nice. trainers are really good and they help you whenever they can

Great people, good environment

The people are really nice. the work is customer service and if you enjoying helping people, this is a good environment to be in. They also give you the ability to work from home during the pandemic so that is a definite advantage

Pros

work from home during pandemic, good people, fair hours

Cons

none for now

Highly Recommend!

I have recently been hired by Optima, the management team is very supportive, the trainers are great and any questions you have they will help where and when they can. I have a flexible schedule and an great work-lofe balance! There is room to grow with the company as well.

Staff is friendly to one another because the work is stressful

The good news is the team leads are friendly. That's about it. The work is stressful, everything you do is watched, timed, and judged for quality. There are other jobs out there that pay the same and are as easy to get.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Being yelled at by customers, stressing about call quality and times, pay is low.

Good place to work at

Good place to work in the beginning but it seems like there is not much opportunity to get a raise or to progress therefore it is a good company to get beginning experience

Pros

Slow at times.

Cons

Can be hectic some days

Permanent Work from Home Opportunity!!

Good place to work. Paid training and support system is great. I am thrilled they offer permanent work from home opportunity. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends.

Overall a great place to work in.

Productive and fun workplace. Excellent training and onboarding process. Managers and supervisors are very helpful. Good Work/Life balance. Colleagues are nice and ready to help out each other. If you have a problem whether personal or work related, management is always ready to assist. For example, they’ve always been ready to provide solutions for any tech problem I faced. Great opportunity to work from home.

Pros

Excellent opportunity to work from home.

Cons

Experience with technology is recommended for this job.

Permanent position working from home

As a new employee the experience I have had since working with Optima has been exceptionally welcoming. On a typical day you can expect to receive a steady volume of calls.The support team is efficient and very helpful.It has been a refreshing experience to have permanent employment in which I can work from the comfort of my home, as well as to have the support of the TC (team captains) if at anytime I am in need of assistance.I would highly recommend applying for a position at this company

Toxic, hostile work environment

When treated as a group supervisors can be great to work with, but 1-on-1 individual experience is extremely negative/abusive, supervisors will lie about providing your training and even feedback/couching on your profile without actually providing it, feedback is always negative unless you are newly hired. They take advantage of representatives who have better call quality and overwork them while allowing those with weaker call quality to get away with being unprofessional on calls, giving out wrong information, hanging up calls and being rude. You will never be notified of shift changes or break changes, breaks can be subject to change after you've already signed in for said shift. You will have to continue to remind supervisors if you are missing account logins or training to provide you with such otherwise you will often end up asking a lower level representatives for help. The only time you are actually getting paid is when you are available taking calls no other time are you getting paid, even if a technical issue occurs you will lose pay unless available and technical issues occur every week. You may even have to deal with hours going missing on your paycheck which you will be responsible for escalating to have refunded. Only positivity comes from same or lower level representatives as you. Supervisors and management make this job a very negative work environment and complaints made about supervisors are always ignored no matter how horrible they are.

Worst place to work

This is one of the worst places I have worked for in a long time. First of all, the company is very disorganized. There were so many technical issues - it was ridiculous. So much time is wasted just troubleshooting. The team leaders and trainers are unprofessional and are never on the same page so you're always left wondering what to do next. You are basically paid to harass clients to buy a product. You are told that you have to ask them numerous times even if they continuously say no. I felt awful disturbing so many people. There was also a lot of abuse coming from angry customers. They also stress that not only are you not paid for breaks, but if you run into a technical issue and are unable to keep working until it is fixed, you don't get paid for that as well. This is absurd because the issues are their fault.I would never recommend working here to any one. Getting paid barely over minimum wage is not worth it.

Pros

Cons

1. Unprofessional and disorganized leaders, 2. Stressful and repetitive work, 3. Abuse from customers, 4. Required to harass customers, 5. Unpaid break

Management is rude.

I don't recommend Optima to work no help from supervisor at all or manager and technical support doesn't know what they are doing you are on your own.

Great Locations in Toronto & Montreal

Great time in my career as a salaried Remote Insurance of Persons Verifier and Compliance Director for new business development of the satellite office in Downtown Montreal.

Pros

Insurance Licences, E&o, Group Benefits paid for by Employer

managers work hard to help us, have meetings to stay connected as a team, flexible to work from home or in office, the training helps us with all calls

Pros

good place to work

Cons

miss my friends in the office for now

Call centre

A true call centre. At the time I left we had to go to work in person and send an email every morning before arrival to get access. Low pay for employees transporting themselves and every single minute of personal time was deducted from pay. Pretty awful. Also couldn't take emergency days without alerting the company. Just a lot of policies and what not that makes it feel like it's not human beings doing the job. Awful.

Pros

Cons

Problematic work systems; low pay; extreme policy policing

Very low paycheck

7 hours job, hourly paid with a 50 min to 1 hour unpaid break. You have to fight and prove yourself for one dollar raise. Paycheck is so low. You barely can pay your bills.Customer's have very high expectations. Some of the managers are helpful but You have a very short limited time to assist a customer and finish your task.The job overall is too stressful. You have to answer more than 60-70 inbound calls daily. Among those calls, you always get few angry customers yelling and swearing at you.

Pros

Some of the managers and leaders are helpful.

Cons

Stressfull, Very low paycheck

Quality and Productivity are very important

Management is very helpful and understanding. Good Job culture and Job security are the plus points. Salary benefits and medical benefits are less than expected

Pros

Job security and good Management

Cons

Salary and medical benefits are less than expected

Bad Management

Just a bad company from start to finish Bad Management Bad Interview Slow hiring Too many forums Unorganized Demanding Poor communicationBad vibe

Pros

Ok Pay

Cons

Bad management

Not the greatest

The only positive things were the location and some of the staff. There is clear favouritism among the managers, and you very easily feel a cold shoulder should you fall out of favour with a supervisor.The pay is not good enough for the hours, which offer no room to balance your life between familial obligations or social activities. Giving up Saturdays is not ideal either. It is also no wonder that the customers are so frustrated, given they are repeatedly hounded for a product they more often than not do not need. Additionally, there is a steep incline in sales pressure, with strict consequences and constant "team meetings" to discuss how quotas are not being met. They will frequently say "You get 200 calls a night. 4 sales isn't too much to ask", but given how many angry customers are dealt with on the phone, especially during a global pandemic, that can be quite a lot to ask for.TL;DR - Too much pressure for sales, terrible pay, obvious favouritism, bad hours and not enough rewards for good work.

Pros

Good location

Cons

Pressure for sales, terrible pay, obvious favouritism, bad hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Communications international Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement