Optima Communications international Inc Employee Reviews

Fired me for computer error
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 January 2019
Another lame call centre job, not much else to say. The management is awful and the workplace is littered with bed bugs, rude people, and incompetent employees. On a regular day I had noticed a lack of calls coming through to my headset, which turned out to be a setting on the computer that the person before me had accidentally set resulting in all calls being muted. The management audited my computer and then fired me for "refusing calls". It's BS. Not like I want to ever go back to that hellhole or receive compensation, just beware to anyone else that call centres are always like this.
Pros
It pays money at the cost of your soul
Cons
Everything else
A poisonous work environment
Business Development Agent (Former Employee) –  144 Front Street West Toronto22 December 2018
This company targets on hiring newly landed immigrants who don't know much about the laws of Canada and then they treat them like dogs.They love insulting and terminating their employees.
Pros
Cons
Poisonous environment
a difficult work environment
LICENCED INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 December 2018
it was a stressful environment. it was not unusual at all for people in management to shout or be disrespectful. if you needed time off for personal reasons it was totally disregarded. the company was not respectful of its employees. they fired people and people resigned a lot and the turn over was extremely high.
Pros
Cons
direspectful treatment by management. compensation was low.
Poor manangement
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
Management style is poor which ultimately effects productivity. They need to improve the work environment, listen to employees opinions, value the suggestion/advise of employees.
Okay but very slow moving
Director (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC13 November 2018
Optima has stabilized and is a well established BPO industry. I enjoyed working in the organization and the employees are very long term standing employees.
Great place to learn and grow
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
In a typical day at Optima, I would interact with clients, Optima management team and my Optima team members. My main task to to ensure clients business is being represented in the way they have instructed, which means that training, quality assurance, hiring the right person(s) that is best for the role, etc. I work with some great people which makes working on a difficult day easy. Optima offers lots of opportunity to to learn and grow within the company.
Pros
Very flexible work hours
Not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto9 November 2018
No incentives, no recognition at all but if you make a mistake they are right beside you to call you out. I could average 95 percent every month but would still be talked down to by one of our coordinators. She does not know how to talk to people but keeps herself busy enough to make her seem important.

The negative reviews are right. Not a good place to work. The good reviews are because the managers are asking us to write good reviews because they can’t earn them honestly. All the good ones are from management.
call centre turnover
CUSTOMER CONTACT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
I worked at Optima Communications about ten years ago. It was a late night call centre that had very little management around at those hours and the office is placed above a bar so the night life at the front door was intense sometimes. It was a fun environment to work at but the incentives, recognition and rewards were not fairly handled by the managers, who like the workers had a very high turnover rate. Always people leaving and new people hired weekly.
Great Place to Work and learn
Team Leader I/B (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
I have been working for this company for 14 years. When I first started a an insurance sales agent, I have no idea how to deal with a customer over the phone. Over the years I have learned a great deal. Good environment and friendly place to work. Management is great and very understanding.
Pros
I can make my own hous
Cons
Evenings
I like working here because of convenient location and suitable hours for me.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 October 2018
I like working here because of convenient location and suitable hours for me. My commute is less then 10 min and I like the people I work with and enjoy my time working here.
Pros
Afternoon shift
Cons
None for me
Good company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 October 2018
Great people and respects the concept of work life balance, which is important to me.

Shifts are flexible and I can always trade my shifts with my coworkers.
Pros
Its work
Cons
Free parking
Great Place To
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 October 2018
Optima is a great place to work and to be able to move and grow within a company. The management is always there to help you and they never stop having confidence in you. Friendly people and friendly atmosphere. Close to busses / Food locations and you never stop learning new selling techniques.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Some Programs work weekends.
Productive work place with flexibility and a good management team.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 October 2018
Optima is a large company with room for career growth as well as flexibility concerning work hours. The management staff are also great and it has a good working environment as well.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Great company to work for
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 October 2018
Have been with the company for 9 years. They have the best team of workers and management I have ever had the opportunity to work with. They provide the best learning environment and maintains a supportive and quality focused culture.
Pros
Good opportunities for career progression
Professional and friendly work place
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
Have been with Optima Communications for over 10 years now. The most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee, it feels like a family. A very inclusive working environment with a very accommodative management. There is a lot of growth opportunities within the company for any hard working and dedicated employees.

I would really recommend Optima to anyone looking for a job to improve their skills and abilities.
Growth opportunities within company and Great place to work !
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
I really enjoy working at Optima and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for job. Great environment to work and opportunity for growth within the company.

Company shows a sincere interest in employees and the solution to their problems. Management is always readily available to support its employees. Great clients and company works very effectively with those clients. Flexible schedules. Great rapport between management and staff and everyone work as a team to achieve goals.
Fun & Friendly Workplace with great location
Team Captain (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 October 2018
" I have worked at Optima for approx 2 years. I find that with this company, I have an excellent work/life balance. The office has an amazing vibe and there are many opportunities to learn and advance within. The hours of work are very flexible and the management team is understanding of all situations and needs of their employees.

The company has great values, gives you the ability to grow with a competitive pay rate. If you are looking to work with smart, open-minded and driven group of people, this is the place to be. "
Pros
Mr. Puffs! Great Co-Workers
Cons
Montreal Transit & Construction
Great and friendly place to work
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 October 2018
Have worked at Optima communications for 3 years now, the work environment is very friendly and there is always opportunity to grow. The training is great and provides you with great information that you use on a daily basis within your job. The management is approachable and always open to work with you if you need something.

I really enjoy working here and would recommend Optima to anyone looking for a job where they can grow at a rapid pace and ensure that there skills are utilized to their fullest.
Amazing Workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 October 2018
I have been employed at Optima for approx 4 years - during this time period, I excelled from an agent to a team lead and now manage a team of 20+ agents.
The office has a very positive, welcoming vibe which allows the agents to bond and build a relationship as not only co-workers but as friends.
The company its self is very understanding to your needs and the higher management members help you with any problems that arise (whether it would be child care or family emergencies or etc).
The president visits the site (there are 3 offices) regularly and builds a relationship with the agents, greets them, takes part in conversations and asks about how they are doing which would not happen in most call centers or even corporate offices.
The management team is always striving to find ways for success when it comes to the agents and has created a culture where we always promote from within.
I have worked for call centers before but none that would consider or treat me in a professional and a respectful manner or pay me appropriately for the role that I am in like Optima has.
Friendly & Flexible work environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 October 2018
Have worked at Optima Communications for 18 years. Dedication and commitment open many doors for growth & advancement within this company that prides itself on having 4 walls and no ceiling. Excellent training and mentoring available to employees looking to succeed. Company is compassionate and flexible to accommodate special needs and senior management are very approachable and willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optima Communications international Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Optima Communications international Inc Reviews by Location