Optima Communications international Inc

Optima Communications international Inc Employee Reviews

Loved the people and management staff all who were very supportive and helpful. Ultimately the position wasn't suited for me but would not trade the experience I gained there. If sales is your thing, this is an opportunity with a lot of potential.
Pros
Location, management
Cons
Odd hours, sales quotas
No advancement opportunities. My immediate bosses who had interviewed me were awesome. However I applied for IT and there was no IT in Montreal. I had incoming calls only and ok pay but no great pay. Pay rolls back because you won't meet the requirements for time on calls. Most calls were complaints so it won't go over quickly. There was really cool n chill people but there are a bunch of annoying supervisors on the phone in another city. Slow ūüźī equipment and connections. Sorry sir or madam my computer isn't working. They have contracts with client companies, like utilities and insurance providers. So you represent a client. It's ok experience. Not great, but ok. Like If you're broke it's better than nothing. Small company, so less money and near to no advancement. If you do get promoted, you won't make much more.
Pros
A job as opposed to no job.
Cons
Pick one, or many, but what job doesn't have cons?
This place is a real dumpster. Training for 2 weeks and we learn absolutely nothing. To be honest you need to learn by yourself or ask the other employees for help almost every inbound call you'll get for months. You are constantly watched and listened to and as soon as you make 1 mistake they'll start blasting you. Low salary, don't expect to pay rent in Montreal with that and no possibility of having a raise, they'll tell you to f off and to go back to work. Employees come and go every 3 months as the atmosphere is bad and the pay is minimum wage and not worth the amount of work you need to do. Take the job chill for 2 weeks in training then leave and find a better job.
Workplace culture is pretty decent. The work itself is interesting if you are open to learning new things. Friendly and supportive team. Time really does pass fast once your in the momentum. Fabulous location of the office. A good learning experience for people looking to grow in the field Customer Service.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Salary on the lower side
Working here was the worst professional experience I have had. I worked at the Whitby site in 2008 and from what I've heard, not much has changed. Management styles were poor and the physical environment was decrepit. Used sketchy sales tactics and sales meetings were less than productive.
The team is very caring and professional, pleasant to work with.The pay is actual garbage.There are employees who left the company because the company wouldn’t give them a raise even after years. It’s a good place to work in but not necessarily to make a long career.
Pros
Environment and stability
Cons
Low pay
PROS: Most staff are friendly & understanding. Work is easy & not boring if you have the right mind set. Downtown near subway station. Good for a first job. Livable pay if you are renting a cheap room & share an apartment with roommates. There may be a chance for advancement but maybe not. Generally you are just working in different departments more or less doing the same type of work calling customers on behalf of major banks to sell insurance and following a strict script to do so. They hold an annual Christmas party but it wasn't my thing so I didn't attend them. The cafeteria has plenty of microwaves and a fridge to store your lunch just be mindful to store your food according to directions.CONS: One time when I was sick I didn't know about the new call in number that I was to report to so I called the old one and left a message. Long after I left the company I discovered that one of the Supervisors left a note on my file stating that I didn't call in sick so when I went to reapply there they wouldn't' take me back. Supervisors need to be on top of their notes. This is the only company where I worked where i got a pay decrease and so did everyone else who was a Customer Contact Agent. Others were upset about it too as you can imagine (this happened several years ago. I was there from 2007-2011). Scripted answers to commonly asked questions didn't make sense to me. Two of the Supervisors had a terrible attitude towards me. Action plans are issued if you are not doing well at meeting daily targets. They don't do anything to help they just stress you out to perform. A man - more...
Pros
Paid training, feedback from Supervisors, pizza, prizes
Cons
Doesn't care about getting feedback from employees. Action plans.
Good for first time job seekers. The breaks are scheduled and there is no flexibility. No compulsory overtime, given an option to work extra hours if required.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Fixed schedule for breaks, no flexibility
Trainer was nice but training was an ordeal, hot room and lengthy. They should let you learn online on your own, we were not allowed to print anything, so it did not stick very well.Staff are not treated very respectfully by Management. Job very stressful, constantly pushed to keep calls short, could not help customers properly. Every second counts. Some customers were horrible. Noticed my pay check was half an hour short every pay period. You have to provide your own internet and computer. Their system constantly had issues but they continually blame it on you. Treat and pay your people better and you will not spend so much time and money rehiring.
Pros
work at home
Cons
Management picks favorites, uses manipulation and bullying to get results.
Nice place to work, everyone was easy going and friendly. Good location, steady hours. Could be a bit stressful at times, however over all it was a good experience.
They only provide you with one week of training with multiple exams to complete and if you don't pass you don't keep the job. The training room was hot, muggy , dark and the ceiling was leaking. Also there is favoritism, two managers are married.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not enough training
Good Training Ease of Travel Great ambiance Professional etiquettes Learning environment Several businesses combined to work together Knowledge development
Tr√®s bonne ambiance de travail, les autres repr√©sentants et la supervision sont toujours l√† pour aider. J'ai personellement travailler sur une campagne pour une compagnie d'assurance. Le directeur des op√©rations est tr√®s sympatique et s'assure du bien √™tre de ses employ√©s, la directrice du site est tr√®s inform√©e et efficace. Ils sont toujours pr√©sent pour r√©pondre aux questions. Les employ√©s sont aussi tr√®s aidant et inclusifs. Il s'agit d'un poste o√Ļ il faut parler √† des clients et √† des employ√©s de la compagnie pour qui Optima fait la sous-traitance des communications en francais comme en anglais. Le service √† la client√®le est un atout important, puisqu'il d√©veloppe des bonnes aptitudes de communication. L'aspect le plus difficile est d'apprendre le fonctionnement des applications et les r√©ponse √† toutes les questions qui peuvent nous √™tre pos√©es. L'aspect le plus fa√ßile est de g√©rer des appels une fois qu'on est bien √† l'aise avec les proc√©dures. La p√©riode de formation est tr√®s bien encadr√©e et les explications sont claires. Les horaires sont toujours pr√©vus de une √† deux semaine en avance et des changements d'horaires sont possibles entre employ√©s. Dans la campagne o√Ļ je travailles, les employ√©s travaillent 8 heures par jour incluant deux pauses de 15 minutes et une pause diner de 30 minutes. Il y a aussi possibilit√© d'avancement aupr√®s d'Optima ce qui est g√©nial et accessible. En temps de pand√©mie, Optima a √©t√© incroyablement r√©actif et a mis en place des solutions efficaces rapidement. L'espace de bureau est bien am√©nager, malgr√© le travail¬†-¬†more...
Pros
Excellent personnel, café gratuit
Cons
Peut être répétitif par moment, souvent en position assise
In the beginning it was great building teams and competitive for sales.....well rewarded and many incentives to keep you interested....it was fun back then. Great place to learn the rules....
this is a call centre so you have to expect it has the environment of one. The project i was on was fun and exciting but there were other campaigns not as good. It was a good learning experience.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
low pay.
Bad work environment. Minimum pay for most processes, not many benefits. Not sure about job security. Avoid if you can.
Call center environment. The pay is terrible but the job is good and the hours are great and management is not too bad. If it paid more I would happily become a lifer
It's a low-paid uninspiring telemarketing job where one is expected to read scripts all day long to angry customers. Great place to start if you are desperate for experience or just arrived in Canada with no job prospects.
Basically working as a telemarketer, will get hung up on very often. Being able to sell product over the phone is a necessary skill to suceed and enjoy this job. The people I worked with were great, but customers don't seem to enjoy being called when they sit down for supper.
It's alright. Nothing comes to mind that sets them apart, really. Pay is fair, management is hit or miss (mostly miss, though my supervisor was ok), washrooms are disgusting.
Pros
You can earn up to $3 per hour in performance bonuses; after 5 years of working there!
Cons
Washrooms. Management and Supervisors play favourites.
Location is good for me Absolutely no room to advance. Management likes to play favourites. They treat you like you are n in hopes to get you to quit so they don’t have to pay severance. Don’t work here
Pros
They renovated the bathrooms so they look nice, as well they painted so everything looks fresh. Location.
Cons
Afternoon shift.