Optical Clearance Outlet Employee Reviews

Laidback but professional work environment
Optical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2019
I am a current long-time employee of this family-owned business. I have held positions both on the sales floor, as well as in the lab. I have seen the company go through changes and location moves. I have seen MANY co-workers come and go. In regards to the reviews for this company, be aware that an employee leaving unhappily will not leave a good review.

I have been very happy working at this company, and I have worked in both Hamilton locations over the years. The owners and their families are like extended family to me. As long as you have a good work ethic, and leave drama outside of the workplace, you shouldn't have issues; but that concept SHOULD hold true no matter where you work. Do not indulge in office soap opera and all is good.

The owners treat all staff and spouses to a dinner gathering at a restaurant each December. Vacation days are not usually an issue to book. Pay is by weekly cheque. Treat clients and co-workers as you want to be treated. When there are no clients in the store, staff can chitchat and joke around a bit. Management enjoys the downtime with staff too! Breaks are taken when the customer traffic slows down. Yes, the stores are open Saturdays 9am until 4pm, but they are closed every statutory holiday, and EVERY Sunday. The mountain location is open until 8pm Thursdays and Fridays. Every other work day the stores are open 9am until 6pm. Try to find those hours at a position in a mall.

It's a job that pays the bills. You can't always get what you want, but what more do you need?
Pros
Sundays off, laidback environment
Cons
Raises are not as frequent as I'd like, but who gets raises every month?
Staff in your businesses they should mind there own business.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 March 2019
Staff is jealous of eachother and no direction given the father son combo fights all the time. Son doesn't seem to want the business only does it to please his dad.
Other opticians care more than anyone.
Mountain location treated better than Barton location
Receptionist at the mountain location is not professional at all rude to everyone including staff.
Pros
Relaxed enough environment to laugh. Boss easy to talk to
Cons
No real advances and raises. Staff fighting to get attention of the managers
already did review previously
Optical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2015
Did review previously for this company.

I enjoyed every aspect of this company from new skills to working with the Owner, Doctor, Management and all co-workers.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Review
Optical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2012
The owner of this buisness is very selfish. No raises!!! long inconvinent hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optical Clearance Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

Optical Clearance Outlet Reviews by Location