OpenText

OpenText Employee Reviews

Canada81 reviews
Featured review
OpenText selected this as a representative review
Great Work experience
Had a great Work experience there. I was working in DGO team and had a great time working there. Learned a lot Great work life balance and good culture.
OpenText job
A good employer overall. My immediate manager was excellent, she really takes care of her team. I always knew what to do and what my deadlines were, which took all the stress out of the job.
I have technically accomplished new security skills with respect to hacking.
Culture of work is managed in proper way

Official & Personal life balanced well
Productive fast paced
Good company and people. pay is reasonable but raises are rare. Office is very nice, good cafeteria.
The grounds outside are nice for walking

Benefits are excellent
Good work envoirnment with lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Great company to work for. Good work life balance. Office hours are 9 to 5 and generally I was not required to work late. The team at open text was very supportive and for any issue, you can go to any one in the team.
Good people to work with
The people at OpenText are generally awesome to work with. Generally our customers are also pretty awesome to work with. Benefits are good, salary is okay.
Good place to wrok
fast paced environment typical of a software company, with appropriate work life balance. IT and engineering focused. employees must have ability to multi task, as the company is an acquisition based environment and enw technologies are on-boarded.
Nice workplace
Nice new offices and nice colleagues. I enjoyed working there very much and I would strongly recommend the company to others. Every week someone would bring in a nice selection of baked goods and my biggest problem was to not gain weight
So far the Best
OpenText was my first job after graduating from school. I had enjoyed working in the company and I would say that the company was the best place to work at. The company events, the team, management, everything was really good.
They dabble in acquiring legacy products.
At the ground level, you are placed in some silo department, keeping some legacy software on life support for as long as you can. If you are lucky, you are let go. If you are unlucky, you move on to the next legacy patient (product). There is so much hatred and resentment between the different acquiree companies that have been assimilated even after several years have passed since the acquisition date.

On the plus side, the CEO is always excited about new acquisitions. I wonder how documentum is doing. Oh right, the patient was moved to End of Life support.
good
I have been working at OpenText for few months and it has been good experience. People are friendly and helpful. It is a nice place to work.
For me hardest part was the drive, as I leave in GTA.
Disorganized with no direction from management
The company itself really good but there is no direction or proper department on boarding. No guidance and proper leadership. The company is growing fast but doesn't take time to clean up the mess its creating when you merge companies together.
An Excellent place that becomes to be a Nightmare
The company had happy people, the environment was funny, but year after year the scenario changed and in the last 2 years the worst arrived. Unreachable goal, people sad, several old and knowledgeable employees are just leaving because they are tired of the all management levels. But the company management doesn't care of lose the knowledge and people who built the pillars of the company. They are losing so many people that HR no longer ask why is the reason. Customer and Investors will fell sooner the shock of this when they will not be attended or the profits goes down. The company now is postponing the raises and delay evaluations to buy a new company with focus on cloud, but even cloud team cannot hold their senior technicians. The number of people leaving now is superior of layoffs that now is aprox 80 to 90% of the cases. New employees fells alone since there is nobody to really help. Several extra benefits were cutoff.
CEO is no longer in the headquarter just stay in US having no view the destruction is happening in the main office.

In resume, less experienced people, double or triple of work for the remaining, customers upset and management playing the monkeys (no see, no talk, no listen).

Pros

Very good people

Cons

lower and upper Management, toxic environment, no raises or career growing , so many acquisitions
Excellent place to work
I did work for around 3 years and it was a good experience. I did change the role because I was offer a different position, better rate salary and good opportunity to grow, but unfortunately due to team restructure they did not open a full time posistion, so I am looking for a job right now.
Very Dood Company.
Good company and good project. while some big client response very slow, they might start to use the product many years later after they bought them. so have to be patient for the feed back.
Productive and Very professional
Very good working experience and a very professional working environment, good work-life balance and many opportunities to apply the knowledge and excel in profession.
Fast-paced and high turnover
Fast paced, fast changing environment. High staff turnover. CEO is very hands on and involved in everything. Benefits rather limited. Not a fun place.
include designing and implementing accounting systems, forecasting and budgeting, preparing income tax, investment and tax planning, conducting internal audits on accounts, and making financial recommendations.
Expanding company
Financial controls are held at the highest level. Delegation of controls is minimal. Decent benefits, but no career development. Very much a "me first" mgmt style
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Work from home is not supported
Great company poor management in my area
Opentext was a great company to work for and very generous to its employees. Hard to rate because I was under a poor manager, I chalk it up to bad luck more them a whole representation of on the company. Great portfolio but has not been innovative in a while. The in-house products seem rushed and too late for market.
Pros
If you can avoid cuts they treat you very well. Great worklife balance and perks
Good Company
Good company to work. Work locations are remote, salary is low, management is somewhat OK, working hours are long, can enjoy at work, low salary more work.