OpenTable Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
CLIENT RELATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX4 June 2019
Was an amazing experience with people who knew how to learn and teach. Was mentored by great people in different markets. Met a great bunch of operators through my travels
Great place to grow
Tech/customer support (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO20 May 2019
I learned so much in my position. The best office I have ever worked in.the benefits were great and on top of that the office was a supportive place. Would definitely recommend.
Just okay, not great
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO13 May 2019
Pros: They have an awesome kitchen, with snacks. The office is open concept. 1:1 meetings every other week. Great location downtown. Beautiful views from the office. The work isn't too difficult to understand or be trained on. Great work/life balance, and flexibility. Mostly great pay.

Cons: Some managers are very micro-managing. There's not enough work to do. NO room for advancement unless you're the class favorite. Favoritism is major here, which is a total bummer. If you don't fit the "culture" and clicky mindset, you won't last long. Even if you are class favorite, it's still difficult to grow within the company. Not a lot of clarity between managers and rest of office. They do a lot of "we're going to do this" and then they don't. Not always clear direction. Seems to be a lot of animosity since Kayak merged.
Productive and lively place!
Onboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO5 April 2019
OpenTable is a company that is changing, with their recent merger with Kayak, they are looking to the future and they are very interested in the next step and what it would hold for them in the long term. All in all, I loved working for OpenTable, the culture and people were amazing. I was sorry to leave when I did.
Fun place to work
Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO28 March 2019
I love working at OpenTable. Currently a contact employee, I simply do not think that any roles offered suit my skill set. Getting larger and more corporate is disappointing.
fast paced, great company
Contract Execution Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 March 2019
Can be long hours and very stressful. OT offeres flexible working in some roles. There is plently of changes with been in a tech company, but it does have a great culture.
Pros
regular team building, good pay & benifits, great culture
Cons
Long hours, stressful
good place to work
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  London5 February 2019
Customer service at Opentable is better than the usual jobs finding in then sector. I do find the management is very approachable.
It's usually 8,5 h work, it happens that you need to work longer occasionally, but you'll get the time back.
There are pretty good possibilities to advance inside from that company.
I only did 6 months. I did not enjoy the calls itself. Especially US customers can be very demanding and a little rude from time to time. That is something I was not. But if that is no problem for you and you like office environments with a relatively laid back attitude, give it a shot.
Pros
good environment, approachable management, looking after the employers
Cons
job can be hectic, need a thick skin sometimes, very repetitive
Account Executive
Account Executive I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, TX3 January 2019
I loved working there. I loved building relationships with restaurants owners and managers all over Texas, Oklahoma and San Francisco. The culture was inviting, giving, progressive and fair. Wonderful company and a wonderful product.
OpenTable is a great place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO9 November 2018
I had several amazing years with this company and can say nothing bad about the place. Amazing benefits, amazing coworkers, amazing leadership, amazing culture. I am so fortunate for my time there.
Able to experience advanced desktop support
Technical Support Agent (work from home) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA24 October 2018
The work from home environment really helped me since I am not able to relocate.I was able to learn lots of advanced technical support / desktop support work.
Not a bad gig
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO8 October 2018
Overall it just was a wonderful job. The one reason for my departure is geared toward it leaning more toward a technical rep job as opposed to customer service rep. There is definitely both sides to it but it had a little bit heavier troubleshooting focus. Not a bad thing, it just wasn’t a long term option for me personally. I loved my trainer, leadership, coworkers & supervisors. Solid group of people.
Pros
Break area, Food, Culture etc
Cons
Not many to list but short training period could have been stretched to get acquainted better
Exciting and fun workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 June 2018
A typical day at work would be to cold call or sell to existing customers (upgrades and ad ons).
The phone call to face to face ratio is around 80-20%.
Management didn't provide much trainman or micr management at all however they allowed you to run with your job and provide an update once a week.
The culture was awesome, everyone was very friendly, there were many social activities happening too.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the repetitive nature (however this is sales).
The most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding target and helping the rest of the team to win too.
Pros
Free fruit and snacks, Last day of the month sushi and pizza
Cons
low commission structure, slow advancement due to very low management turnover
Wonderful place to volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Concord, MA20 May 2018
I volunteered on thursday nights for several weeks in a row, and it was really wonderful. My job was to help take people's bags to their cars, but it always ended up being more than that. I always got to know people and have lovely conversations.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 January 2018
I very much enjoyed my time working at OpenTable. The work place is fast-paced but extremely rewarding. The management team is excellent and very approachable. I would recommend to anybody.
Great people. Great pay. Amazing culture.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO14 December 2017
Best ever I've ever had. The people and culture are what make this place amazing. Flexibility with hours and working from home. Fun work outings. Great leaders.
Still Growing
Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO26 November 2017
The support department is still growing an has a lot of growing to do. The culture is still a little clique-y which makes it hard to get along and stay positive. They definitely try to woo you with various seemingly beneficial perx.
fun workplace, free food everyday
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 9410417 November 2017
Young vibrant crowd, fun place, free food everyday, fair managers. Finance Software Systems not so intuitive. High turnover. Office dusty and cluttered. Senior level execs seem unfriendly/aloof.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
slow, unintuitive systems
All Volunteer Based
Open Table (Former Employee) –  Concord, MA19 October 2017
Positive friendly work environment purely based around helping those in need of food and assistance. I learned that there are a lot of wonderful people out there to work with although stressful on the occasion. Working for Open Table was an amazing experience.
great to work with
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL19 October 2017
open table is easy to use and is very helpful on rating your business customer service. its pretty self explanatory to where your child can use it. I never had an issue with it.
Pros
good feedback
Cons
bad feedback
I miss my OT crew
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 October 2017
I worked for OpenTable for almost 3 years and loved every day of it. I wish I had more room for growth. When Priceline Group acquired the company a lot of projects got reprioritized and it affected my team. I had to look around for the next step in my career growth. I had to work with so many talented and smart people. OpenTable has an incredible culture, they throw a lot of themed parties accompanied with food and entertainment. I wish I could come back one day.
Pros
free snacks, catered food for various parties, fun and friendly culture, great benefits
Cons
lack of career growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenTable. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3