OpenTable Employee Reviews

Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 January 2018
I very much enjoyed my time working at OpenTable. The work place is fast-paced but extremely rewarding. The management team is excellent and very approachable. I would recommend to anybody.
Great people. Great pay. Amazing culture.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO14 December 2017
Best ever I've ever had. The people and culture are what make this place amazing. Flexibility with hours and working from home. Fun work outings. Great leaders.
Still Growing
Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO26 November 2017
The support department is still growing an has a lot of growing to do. The culture is still a little clique-y which makes it hard to get along and stay positive. They definitely try to woo you with various seemingly beneficial perx.
fun workplace, free food everyday
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 9410417 November 2017
Young vibrant crowd, fun place, free food everyday, fair managers. Finance Software Systems not so intuitive. High turnover. Office dusty and cluttered. Senior level execs seem unfriendly/aloof.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
slow, unintuitive systems
All Volunteer Based
Open Table (Former Employee) –  Concord, MA19 October 2017
Positive friendly work environment purely based around helping those in need of food and assistance. I learned that there are a lot of wonderful people out there to work with although stressful on the occasion. Working for Open Table was an amazing experience.
great to work with
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL19 October 2017
open table is easy to use and is very helpful on rating your business customer service. its pretty self explanatory to where your child can use it. I never had an issue with it.
Pros
good feedback
Cons
bad feedback
I miss my OT crew
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 October 2017
I worked for OpenTable for almost 3 years and loved every day of it. I wish I had more room for growth. When Priceline Group acquired the company a lot of projects got reprioritized and it affected my team. I had to look around for the next step in my career growth. I had to work with so many talented and smart people. OpenTable has an incredible culture, they throw a lot of themed parties accompanied with food and entertainment. I wish I could come back one day.
Pros
free snacks, catered food for various parties, fun and friendly culture, great benefits
Cons
lack of career growth
Great Job Good pay and benefits
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Work at home13 October 2017
Everything was good about this job except one of the support agents but you have bad apples everywhere.
This was a work at home position with good pay and good benefits which is rare.
The people that called in were mostly restaurant workers which were the nicest people.
They did give you mandatory overtime which is much better than working for a call center that grinds you down with back to back calls and doesn't care about the customers.
Pros
work at home good pay great people calling
Cons
One agent that was supposed to help you wasn't much help
Exciting place to work, lots of snacks and employee oriented
Cash Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 August 2017
A very happy place to work a lot of activities that involves the employees. Deadline driven work schedule, learned a lot about the restaurant industry. Managers have monthly one on one with their group to update and see if improvement is needed. Casual atmosphere culture open space. Hardest part trying to learn the software while meeting deadlines.
More Tech Support than Customer Support.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO5 July 2017
Tech Support Reps are working in a call center environment. You will be handling mostly inbound calls and emails. Any outbound call you make will likely be a call-back request from a restaurant. There is no selling in this role, and the people you talk to are generally pleasant.

Company starts you with an adequate 3 weeks of training to familiarize yourself with OpenTable products and services. The technology they provide is higher quality than most call-centers (Powerful new Laptop, 2 big monitors, Good headsets, etc).

You'll work in a small team and be assigned a supervisor. There is a nice group culture you'll establish with your team, and the supervisors are generally helpful without micromanaging. Break times and lunches are sufficient enough to get away from your desk.

You will experience a wide range of call types: From simple password resets and gift card inquires, to very involved Networking and Hardware configuration. I really enjoyed some of the more difficult calls that taught me Router configuration skills and Network troubleshooting. There is a small Tier 2 Tech Support team, but they really do give Tier 1 reps a lot of permission to try and resolve difficult cases.

Unfortunately, the abilities of Tier 1 reps has a huge talent discrepancy. Some of the T1 reps are highly adept to computer/network troubleshooting while others know next to nothing. There are a number of T1 reps who have no business handling a restaurants network settings, but everyone is getting the same calls. This leads to unpredictable levels of service that restaurants receive when
  more... calling the support line.

I personally don't think the recruitment team is honest enough with applicants about how technical this role can get. They focus more on customer service skills, which is important, but doesn't resolve technical issues. It's not fair for restaurants to call a tech support line and talk with someone who doesn't know how to troubleshoot. Team Supervisors generally do pretty well at coaching Reps on how to improve these skills, but the discrepancy in service abilities is still massive.

Standard Operating Procedures for handling Salesforce cases and proper troubleshooting methods were constantly changing when I worked there. This was likely due to the transition phase between 3rd party and internal support.

If you're comfortable speaking to people over the phone and have a decent general knowledge of computer technology this is a good job. If you aren't comfortable navigating your way around a computer, this job can get overwhelming.
Pros
Great Company Culture, Well Supplied Tech Products, Adequate Training, Solid Benefits Package.
Cons
Unclear Standard Operating Procedures, Disorganized Salesforce Cases, Large discrepancy in skills between Tier 1 Reps.
creative
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 April 2017
I started my career in Recruitment from the Agency Recruiter role and quickly realised that my passion for people and connecting them with opportunities was the best way I could support growing organisations with their business strategies. Working as a results orientated Resourcing and Talent Acquisition professional I was developing and delivering effective social and direct recruitment strategies across the EMEA region for fast-paced UK and Global matrix organisations.
Everything is headed to remote/queue based work
Onboarding specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA10 April 2017
Have to be comfortable working remotely because that is the future of the company. I enjoyed working for OT but didn't see my career advancing there.
Benefits
Cons
No office culture, no career advancement
Well compensation
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 April 2017
Opentable is strong financial performance. They provide great compensation and benefits to their employee. Fun work culture and great people to work with.
Opentable
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorgate7 March 2017
Was a good company to work for. It was young fresh and verbrate enviroment.

The staff are so pleasant and working with an overseas boss was a new way of working.
Pros
lunch/drinks on Friday
Cons
Long Hours
Work hard, play hard - great place to work!
MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  LONDON, UK22 February 2017
Everyday in the office was different. The international aspect of the firm was the most pleasing as all teams were made up of colleagues from all around the world. The working environment is great, productivity is high and the socialising aspect is fantastic for those who like to get stuck in and catch-up once a week.
Pros
Happy hour Fridays in the office!
Innovative Company
Restaurant Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CA17 January 2017
Love working with such an innovative team! But there is a disconnect between HQ and the field. But information constantly changing, sometimes it does not make its way to the team on the front lines fast enough.
Start up vibe for Non start up company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO20 December 2016
The company was taking over an outbound call center for Computer/Network Support Technicians. Well they branded it as that but the pay to way lower than the standard and than labeled it as plain CSR. Even though I would route into people's internet networks and systems every day. The most they cared about was not solving the issue but making sure the consumer was left satisfied and smiling. I get that but I thought I was going in as a tech network position. Didn't know this was going to be phone help phone center.
Pros
break room has free cold brew coffee and beer.
Cons
Short breaks, no perks, bad benefits
Fun job, Brutally Condescending and Cliquey Directors
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 April 2016
Fun Job. Not what it used to be. The fraternity that is "The directors" cannot be trifled with. Butt-kissers will do well. If you cross the female director with anything other than submissiveness, your fate is sealed.
very good company
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  NRW25 November 2015
A very dynamic company to work for.
Short communication lines between employees and management.
Open culture
Pros
a well known brand
Cons
difficult to position in Germany
Productive learning experience
Managerial Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PA10 November 2015
Insured that clients were kept updated on the status of reservation to their satisfaction. Welcomed and seated clients, making sure tables were set and ready as soon as possible to insure smooth turnover of clients during dinner service. In charge of reservations via OpenTable, as well as scheduling hours for hostess shifts, and training of new hostesses.
Pros
friendly environment, gained manager skills
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OpenTable. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2