OpenRoad Auto Group Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 January 2019
Worked there for almost 5 months, management is horrible and disrespectful on all levels. The turnover is humongous for the employees as this place overworks employees and under appreciate their hard work. This should not be a stressful place as it is a dealership but management makes it so difficult, employees are treated like servants when in reality we are getting payed for the hard work we do. It’s just a horrible place to work at, they do not care about you they care about their company and that is it. Super disrespectful. DONT WORK HERE

Horrible management
Pros
Pay low
Cons
Short your hours
Negative Work Environment
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 December 2018
Unfortunately this job does not pay enough for the stress you will endure. Sadly the stress comes from the racist & patronizing staff members, not the customers.

I regret this job! Pays terrible minimal wage, you'll be forced to listen to your co-workers lie to customers, to each other, racial profile customers and other staff members, and talk about you in different languages.

Sadly I'm not the only person who recognizes this problem in the Richmond locations. Mechanics, Service & Sales staff also mention that this on going problem has been happening for many years.

Beware of the Cobra! Yes she's a crazy staff member, a condescending woman, who will belittle you, gossip & try to damage your job... she will get away with it because of her seniority.

You were warned, don't work for this company its not worth it.
Pros
Discounts on Service
Cons
Low Wage, Negative Staff
Great company culture
Greeter/Valet/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 June 2018
If you love working in the auto industry and wants to find out how great teamwork supposed to be, you are coming to the right place. I came from different industry background, would recommend anyone working for Openroad is the best.
Pros
Great company culture and management
Cons
Average Salary and benefits
micromanaging
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Canada24 January 2018
micromanaging
low pay
it's okay for new grads
they like to hire only new grads in order to pay low.
it's like IT janitor
your duties are not limited.
You have to do non-IT related tasks
Pros
$16/hour haha
Cons
wage never increases
great co-workers and customers
SERVICE ADVISOR / PARTS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 September 2017
Openroad was a great place to work, the company showed me the way employees should be treated. I wish i still worked for the company with a different roll and more responsibilities. All in all a good place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
needed more responsibility
pressure free environment
Executive Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 February 2017
loyal,employee considerate,results rewarding,offers opportunity for advancement,offers the opportunity to be my own boss,without the monthly cost of rent, communication,advertising etc
Pros
my succes was my own challenge--given tools to succeed
Cons
nothing is perfect
A nice company to work for. Very community and employee focussed.
Customer Relations/Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 June 2014
I enjoy my work and co-workers. I work in a newly developed call centre environment that is regularly changing and progressing as it grows. My direct managers are very pro-active and readily available. The best and most enjoyable part of my day is my positive interaction with my customers. Their feedback and outlook on my work is extremely important to me.