OpenRoad Auto Group

OpenRoad Auto Group Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Be mindful
Be mindful of the demeanour of the management in certain venues. There were excellent portions of working for the particular store I had worked at, I won’t complain for a second. However the bad outweighed the good. Working for the venue I had worked at taught me exactly what I do not want in long term employment. Thanks for the learning and the growth.
Great place to build your resume in accounting
Pros: Quick job advancement available, high turnover in the accounting department. Fun environment, lots of autonomy in your work, good events and management willing to make changes, but change can be slow.
Cons: Low pay, month end over time, feel stuck in automotive industry
So poorly run
Management is so poor in this organization. No focus at all and they dont listen to employees. They only make the decisions and pass it down to the underlings. There is no work culture and people are depressed. Compensation is below average but they expect so much from you. Big sign that management and executives are either completely greedy or just incompetent. Never any good feedback from management, always negative feedback. If you hear nothing they joke that that means youre doing a good job. No wonder people leave.
racist and shady general manager
Can't speak for all Openroad locations, but at the dealership I worked at (Boundary Rd, Vancouver side), the current GM that took over is the worst manager my colleagues and myself have ever worked for, with a history of shady business practices at his previous jobs as well. Don't work here unless you want a GM who has no integrity, will show favoritism to non-Asians, and you are personally comfortable with losing your own integrity in the pursuit of a moderately acceptable paycheck.
Opportunity to Grow
Company with many positions and is willing to grow employees with potential. Money made has endless potential too, amount of effort put in has a direct output on your pay.

Dont expect normal work hours, but great team to work with to make work not feel like work.
Good Auto Group to work for
I worked for Open Road Auto Group for 3 years, and found it a nice place to work. Some dealerships don't have the best Manager's, but that is like all businesses. The company is involved in many charities in the community and holds many events.
Pros
Good benefits and working environment
Cons
Manager's at a couple stores could use improvment
Great management team and great experience but be prepared for long hours
as it is with any auto industry job training can be very hit and miss and success is not easy. Need to be extremely self motivated to succeed. Hours can be very long, month ends you can expect to be at work seven days a week.
nothing bad. all good
I like Openroad auto group. They take care of their employees. As there is a major change in the employment. My manager/boss is willing to help me find a new job within the company.
Pros
great benefits, new opportunities
Cons
i cannot think of any.
Don’t waste your time
What an unwelcoming place to work. They will fire you without just cause and no prior warning. All the staff is stuck up and the wages are way too low! No wonder they have such a high turn over and can’t even hold an employee past 3 months.
low Pay and terrible management
I used to work Burnaby location. Rude training lady May in accounting department. I don’t need this stupid pay and terrible job. They don’t allow you go home when you sopposed to be off. Try skip this stupid company and poor management.
Horrible place to work
Worked there for almost 5 months, management is horrible and disrespectful on all levels. The turnover is humongous for the employees as this place overworks employees and under appreciate their hard work. This should not be a stressful place as it is a dealership but management makes it so difficult, employees are treated like servants when in reality we are getting payed for the hard work we do. It’s just a horrible place to work at, they do not care about you they care about their company and that is it. Super disrespectful. DONT WORK HERE

Horrible management
Pros
Pay low
Cons
Short your hours
Negative Work Environment
Unfortunately this job does not pay enough for the stress you will endure. Sadly the stress comes from the racist & patronizing staff members, not the customers.

I regret this job! Pays terrible minimal wage, you'll be forced to listen to your co-workers lie to customers, to each other, racial profile customers and other staff members, and talk about you in different languages.

Sadly I'm not the only person who recognizes this problem in the Richmond locations. Mechanics, Service & Sales staff also mention that this on going problem has been happening for many years.

Beware of the Cobra! Yes she's a crazy staff member, a condescending woman, who will belittle you, gossip & try to damage your job... she will get away with it because of her seniority.

You were warned, don't work for this company its not worth it.
Pros
Discounts on Service
Cons
Low Wage, Negative Staff
Great company culture
If you love working in the auto industry and wants to find out how great teamwork supposed to be, you are coming to the right place. I came from different industry background, would recommend anyone working for Openroad is the best.
Pros
Great company culture and management
Cons
Average Salary and benefits
micromanaging
micromanaging
low pay

it's okay for new grads

they like to hire only new grads in order to pay low.

it's like IT janitor

your duties are not limited.

You have to do non-IT related tasks
Pros
$16/hour haha
Cons
wage never increases
Good and helpful co-workers
Learned a lot while working with OpenRoad Richmond Antibody. Although management could be a lot more organized but aside from management, it was a good working environment.
Pros
Helpful coworkers
nice quality shop
It is a nice quality shop

co-workers were good

shop is big

you can focus on your job

but the Salary is kinda low

but I believe it will go up if you perform good enough
great co-workers and customers
Openroad was a great place to work, the company showed me the way employees should be treated. I wish i still worked for the company with a different roll and more responsibilities. All in all a good place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
needed more responsibility
pressure free environment
loyal,employee considerate,results rewarding,offers opportunity for advancement,offers the opportunity to be my own boss,without the monthly cost of rent, communication,advertising etc
Pros
my succes was my own challenge--given tools to succeed
Cons
nothing is perfect
A nice company to work for. Very community and employee focussed.
I enjoy my work and co-workers. I work in a newly developed call centre environment that is regularly changing and progressing as it grows. My direct managers are very pro-active and readily available. The best and most enjoyable part of my day is my positive interaction with my customers. Their feedback and outlook on my work is extremely important to me.
It it a professional sales team
Management is perfect, Working processes are very professional, it is multi- culture company culture.
Cons
Bad Working Environment -- Worker