View all ONTARIO WORKS reviews

ONTARIO WORKS

ONTARIO WORKS Employee Review

Great opportunity to learn about Human Services

Each day, as a Student on practicum from the Social Service Worker program of Mohawk College, I began my day, punctually after exchanging greetings with other staff. My time was allocated carefully to allow for review of new messages on the computer system about any changes to human services legislation or procedures.I verified with my supervisor my duties for the day. Each day I listened and documented telephone messages for multiple Case Managers. Each message was reviewed and followed up as appropriate based upon the requests of the caller. Each entry was documented using case note style. I was able to prepare and sometimes lead interview sessions with clients. As well, provide information on other services or organizations that may support their needs. Paper work was completed together with clients and forwarded for filing. Documentation of the interview was carefully input in the computer system.

Pros

Working in a professional human services environment

Cons

Computer programs that may stall

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Great Experience

For being a Co-op student in that kind of environment was fantastic. I had the best experience that will last a life time. If I could go back I would in a heartbeat.
Same location

great working with clients, co-workers not so much

long hiring process too many managers hardest part of job is when applicants are not eligible for services rumor mill management likes to micromanage clicks lots of family persons working in same office

Cool place

Very kind staff, the people who choose to work here will find that their co-workers are extremely positive people. I was on a contract to work there but if given the chance; i'd work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ONTARIO WORKS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement