Ontario Soccer Employee Reviews

Best Experience Ever
Competitions & Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 August 2019
Had the privilege of being part of Ontario Soccer for a bit, it was an amazing and unforgettable experience, in which staff are very friendly and helpful
Excellent company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 March 2019
This company is well managed and takes care of its employees. They respect family and work balance we well. Highly recommend working here. Great team to be apart of.
Depends on the role
Match Official (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 November 2018
Match official (referee) is an unique position within Ontario Soccer, match official community is not employed directly by Ontario Soccer however considered as independent contractors. Culture is changing for Match Officials where the support if being provided. Management has made positive changes past few years and will come to fruition in upcoming years.
Soccer Referee
Soccer Referee (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON22 January 2018
For the past 10 years I have been reffing under Ontario Soccer and have developed my reffing abilities as well as my customer service skills. During this span I have learned how to deal with conflicts as well as gained self confidence in myself.
Productive and fun workplace
Referee (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 November 2016
Show up to the field well before the match starts.
Meet with both team to tell them my expectations.
Officiate the match to the best I can.
Follow the FIFA Laws, and be physically fit to officiate multiple games in one day.
You have to build a relationship really fast with the players and coaches to help you when possible.
You have to learn how to deal with angry players.
Productive and Interesting Day as an OSA licensed referee
Referee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2016
As a full-time referee for the Ontario Soccer Association, I can confidently say that being given this opportunity is a fundamental stepping stone for future work-related endeavours. Not only does this job allow me to work hands-on with others, but it also allows me to develop leadership, management and responsibility skills that are essential.
Pros
Time-Friendly
Cons
Far Distances
Great open workspace with lots of interaction
Referee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2015
A regular day would consist of officiating soccer games for multiple age groups varying from 7-19 year old boys and girls. It taught me how to problem solve and to settle many disputes quickly and efficiently. Also taught me how to conduct my self appropriately when speaking to the players, coaches, parents, and colleagues. There weren't a lot of hard days unless there were issues with the audience which occurred very seldom. By far, the most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring a safe and respectful environment for the players to enjoy a good match.
Pros
good hours, good pay