Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences

3.9Pay & Benefits
3.5Job Security & Advancement
Toxic work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 July 2016
The team I worked with was fabulous. However don't feel the organization is managed well at the Senior management level. Programs are not well thought out. They start programs and dismantle them without giving them a chance. Every year they have staff layoffs but they continue to create more senior management levels. These actions have had serious repercussions for patients. Every year we fear losing our jobs. There is a real lack of transparency from Senior Management. They spend millions of dollars for reviews by KPMG which result in major cuts in services. It is a very toxic environment to work in. This is a time where we should be investing in the mental health of our communities but all we see is cuts in services at Ontario shores while they pad the senior management level.

Unfortunately, this organization is only interested in the window dressing (how they appear to the outside) and do not care about providing quality care.

Had to leave this organization because the work environment was too toxic. You never knew if you were going to get your pink slip.

I would never recommend this place to anyone at this time.
Pros
location on the lake
Cons
Lack of transparency and poor decisions made at the senior management level