Ontario Power Generation logo
Ontario Power Generation

Ontario Power Generation Employee Reviews

Great comapany, had an excellent career.

Featured review

Ontario Power Generation selected this as a representative review
Good company and great place to work. Had an opportunity to work with some exceptional people. Very supportive of employee development, and learning.

Productive and fast pace good mix of people always felt proud

Job for life great pension always felt they had your back.lots of training always learning lots of room to move up in company they go above and beyond on safety before you do a job they make sure you know what your doing .great benefits clothing allowance and banked overtime

Pros

Overtime and free overtime meals

Difficult but rewarding

Working at OPG involves a lot of changes and a demanding work environment. The schedule can also be very demanding. But at the same time it can be very rewarding.

Support Clerk

Had a fantastic career and would love to g back but due to the orders by government our location was ordered to shut down permanently. I could have move to stay with the company but my family matters would not allow for that.

Pros

Family atmospher

Cons

Need to be available to relocate

Awesome place to have an Internship!

From the perspective of an intern I can confidently say that OPG is a excellent opportunity. Off the bat, the salary is competitive. The work is meaningful and although it's a relatively fast-paced environment, it's very work-hard-play-hard. I never felt stressed that if I couldn't reach a deadline I would feel embarrassed. The people at OPG are great as well, my team was filled with great individuals who were vey knowledgeable and passionate about the work that they were doing. The only downsides are that the offices do not have the 'techy' environment that many tech companies have (open space, snack bars, lounges, etc.) , aside from great pay there aren't many official benefits (although a great manager will help accommodate your preferences), and the idea of getting hired post-graduate depends on the size of your team (my team was a size of <10 people).

Pros

Great Salary, Relaxed Environment, Meaningful work

Cons

Little Benefits, Dated Physical Environment

Really Good Environment and Work

I felt empowered and encouraged to work and learn. You get to have a lot of in house training for safety and work culture and get good amount of time to learn and start your responsibilities. My manager was amazing and she really made things a lot easier. Morning huddles, overall company direction and the days deliverables. Rest of the day, work and learn independently while some requests and updates were given. Overall it was an amazing experience. Although my contract was not renewed, I had a very good experience at OPG.

Pros

Good Management, Excellent work environment, good pay

Cons

Stressful

Brest Cancer

Breast cancer, stay away. 7 of us got breast cancer from Darlington. I was the first. When I returned to work they put me back in a high radiation zone. When I complained they moved me. 10 hour shifts sitting in an office doing nothing. Fights with management leads to me being forced to take early retirement or get fired. Company does are. Get jobs done at any cost.

Pros

Money

Cons

Cancer

Challenging, many opportunities for growth and advancement

A work environment with the ability to perform useful work on many different levels (lots of room for advancement) . It would be tough to find a better place to work.

Pros

High tech, fast paced environment, steady employment and fantastic benefits.

Cons

Quasi monopoly, government run type of institution. Slow to change and innovate.

Soul Crushing

If you are looking for a job where you have no desire to accomplish anything and constantly be micromanaged by senior leadership, then this is the place for you.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Management, Unions, work environment, poor leadership

Friendly staff, great opportunity to learn new things.

I was on 4 months coop and it was really great experience. I learned a lot. Staff was very friendly, always ready to help. They use to arrange some pancake ceremony or get together meetings helps to know about company, staff.

Pros

7 hours shift, pay benefits, great learning opportunity, great chance for networking

Jobs at Ontario Power Generation

See more jobs

Productive place to work, within a safe environment

Great work environment, lots of opportunity for advancement within the company. Offered training where needed. Worked Monday to Friday with flexible working hours.

Awesome place to work

Great place to work, diverse group of people. I worked as a contractor in the projects and mods division and that was always exciting and fast paced. Great salary, if you get a full time offer that’s as good as it gets.

Best place I've ever worked!

This is a very safe and professional place to work! They provide excellent on the job training, my co-workers are very helpful, and it's a positive work environment.

Cancer

Working at Nuclear Station ended up with Breast Cancer. Ok if y’all t was just me but 7 women at the same time, from the same department. Tried to fire me. Had to retire early or lose pension.

Pros

Pay and pension

Cons

Cancer

excellent work place

safest place to work in all of ontario best kind of pay you can get, friendly staff always trying to work with you to make you a better person/ workers

Productive and fun place to work

Typical day at work was to deal with network issues and resolution. It is a fast phase work environment that all issues has to be address immediately specially on the aspect of network security. Collaborative work environment.

Boring and slow

Ontario Power Generation is a boring slow organization with a lot of politics involved both internally and externally. productivity is very low and the culture of ineffective and inefficient governmental organizations dominates.

Pros

Stable job

Cons

ineeficient and ineffective

They recognize and value talent

Excellent. . Flexible hours, They want me to be fully trained for the job they want me to be engaged in. People are friendly and possess excellent ethics.

Pros

Flexuble hours

Cons

Don't find and negative issues

Very slow pace

Slow pace working environment with not much to do, lots of procedures rules and training needed to be able to work. People are friendly, salary and benefits are good.

Great Benefits - Terrible Management

IF you're willing to suck up to some big egos than this might work for you. Org structure is constantly changing and if you're one of the unlucky ones than you'll either lose your position and have to re-apply to another division, or they'll just fire you. Senior Management treat their support persons however they choose, and are not afraid of yelling to make themselves look important. Hard workers who won't accept this treatment are let go, while the "suck-ups" can keep their jobs even when blatantly underperforming.

Good place to work at

The management was good. All of my coworkers were very welcoming and helpful. The building was open and welcoming. Work hours flexibility was a bit of an issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ontario Power Generation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2