Ontario Power Generation

Ontario Power Generation Employee Reviews

Featured review
Ontario Power Generation selected this as a representative review
Good company and great place to work. Had an opportunity to work with some exceptional people. Very supportive of employee development, and learning.
If you are looking for a job where you have no desire to accomplish anything and constantly be micromanaged by senior leadership, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Management, Unions, work environment, poor leadership
I was on 4 months coop and it was really great experience. I learned a lot. Staff was very friendly, always ready to help. They use to arrange some pancake ceremony or get together meetings helps to know about company, staff.
Pros
7 hours shift, pay benefits, great learning opportunity, great chance for networking
Cons
Great work environment, lots of opportunity for advancement within the company. Offered training where needed. Worked Monday to Friday with flexible working hours.
Great place to work, diverse group of people. I worked as a contractor in the projects and mods division and that was always exciting and fast paced. Great salary, if you get a full time offer that’s as good as it gets.
This is a very safe and professional place to work! They provide excellent on the job training, my co-workers are very helpful, and it's a positive work environment.
Working at Nuclear Station ended up with Breast Cancer. Ok if y’all t was just me but 7 women at the same time, from the same department. Tried to fire me. Had to retire early or lose pension.
Pros
Pay and pension
Cons
Cancer
safest place to work in all of ontario best kind of pay you can get, friendly staff always trying to work with you to make you a better person/ workers
Ontario Power Generation is a boring slow organization with a lot of politics involved both internally and externally. productivity is very low and the culture of ineffective and inefficient governmental organizations dominates.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
ineeficient and ineffective
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ontario Power Generation?
Excellent. . Flexible hours, They want me to be fully trained for the job they want me to be engaged in. People are friendly and possess excellent ethics.
Pros
Flexuble hours
Cons
Don't find and negative issues
Slow pace working environment with not much to do, lots of procedures rules and training needed to be able to work. People are friendly, salary and benefits are good.
IF you're willing to suck up to some big egos than this might work for you. Org structure is constantly changing and if you're one of the unlucky ones than you'll either lose your position and have to re-apply to another division, or they'll just fire you. Senior Management treat their support persons however they choose, and are not afraid of yelling to make themselves look important. Hard workers who won't accept this treatment are let go, while the "suck-ups" can keep their jobs even when blatantly underperforming.
The management was good. All of my coworkers were very welcoming and helpful. The building was open and welcoming. Work hours flexibility was a bit of an issue.
Good mentors and team. Will provide a nice learning curve to P&C professionals. Offers a proper work life balance. Promotes One OPG culture that encourages teamwork.
OPG is the goal employer for any technical professional (or other) in Ontario. Represented by PWU, we have some of the best benefit packages in the country, and our salary progression is laid out concisely in our collective agreement. Operations is essentially feast or famine, one day is very relaxed, and another is the most busy/stressful days of your year. Great company to work for and looking forward to seeing where it will take my career.
Lots of paper work to do jobs. Learning curve is very slow because of the security and safety of any jobs performed on the site. They pay well and good.
very good company, alot of trainin rules and procedures to learn, a great place to have a challenging career, alot of room for advancement, excelllent benefits and pension,
dark times at OPG; no job security, willing to let great talent leave/expire; took contract with hopes of advancing within broader company/internal job postings but they block temps/contracts
I enjoyed my experience working for Ontario Power Generation. Management were fair and willing to assist in promoting individuals. Coworkers were very easy to work with.
Nothing unusual about OPG for their industry sector. They do some things well. There are variations in their annual budget outcomes driving growing or shrinking their workforce. Only expectation is to know for that year what their resource loading is like, next year it might change.
Learned a variety of functions applicable to my future career Part of a union Busy, but valuable experience Worked on a variety of projects- always something to do