Ontario Nurses' Association

Ontario Nurses' Association Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
productive
Busy, taking care if complaints daily, routine work, no benefits.
The job required a lot of dealing with administrative challenges and people complaints. There was some flexibility in my schedule.
Productive Place to Work
Good place to work. Positive work culture with a supportive team environment. Lots of good training resources to learn. Opportunities for advancement and progress.
Unionized environment
It is an interesting environment and different in the sense that it is a union representing nurses, but the employees are also unionized in a separate union.
Racist Workplace- Mainly for white women
1. work-life balance: Good for senior positions. If you are an assistant no flexibility in terms of working from home / receiving a laptop instead of a desktop for work. unless you're a favorite or love sucking up to management

2. salary & benefits: benefits are amazing & and salary is pretty decent

3. Job security: the Union useless

4. Passive-aggressive management which trickles down to each team and the work dynamics become awkward

5. not a lot of diversity, and it's a known fact within the company that people of color rarely make it through probation
Great Place to Work
Great place to work!! Fulfilling and enjoyable work. Busy environment. Changes for advancement. Manage the office and all that entails. Assist Labour Relations Officers in daily routines.
exhausting mentally
new management in 2012 ish changed from "for the people to for our corporation"

i was once proud to work there but now its just another corporation over charging members so a secretary makes $80,000.00 a year and nurses are their bank accounts
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Job & Organization Review
Great organization and great people to work with. A lot of exposure to the LR world and how things work on the union side of business. Employees are very passionate about the members they serve. Management is great and treats employees fairly.
Pros
Management, work hours, benefits
Cons
No cons.
Toxic Working Environment
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. My co-workers were miserable and rude. There is a lot of gossiping and whispering going on throughout the day. The work can be interesting and challenging. The people that I worked directly for were friendly and helpful but the other assistants acted like they were too good to answer any questions. Stay as far away from this place as possible unless you want to be treated like trash by your coworkers.
Pros
decent salary and benefits
Cons
everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ontario Nurses' Association?
Honest Review
I believe they are working to better the culture and management. This can be achieved by reviewing HR protocols to ensure good wellness balance for the employees.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Poor diversity.
Productive with challenging work environment
Unionised working environment for employees within the company and ample contract opportunities. Strict working hours and good benefits. Weekly meetings and discussions.
satisfying interactions with patients, good team intercommunication
Good rapport with patients as they are well known to staff. Interdisciplinary care meetings are productive. Supervisor was supportive of staff and worked well with us. Hardest part is mental health vs physical health issues. I feel the long term staff were not knowledgeable with physical health, but were very knowledgeable with mental health. The mentality to diversify is resistive.
Pros
Staff were appreciatied
Cons
I wish to abstain.