Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services

Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
I worked on contract and was happy with my experience. Management was great and the job has great benefits. The company provides their staff with a lot of supports due to the nature of the job.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
Nature of the job is difficult
A few good people who know their jobs and are dedicated to what they do and helping the clients. However, this is an extremely high-school environment (cliques), which include members of management - detrimental to a positive working environment if the strongest ringleaders decide you are not "one of them" (bullying).
The Ministry of Children, Community, and Social Services provides important services across the province. A large organization, there are many different experiences working there.
An extremely fast-paced environment where calls are constantly coming in. It has such a positive work environment but it can be stressful to those who wish to do everything immediately. Recommend strongly to those with good communication and prioritization skills.
Pros
Excellent working environment, scary union
Cons
Understaffed.
I’m fortunate to work for the government and have for the past 23 years in different capacities I’m not comfortable having my role be made public given there are not many of us who are in the role
ONE OF CANADA'S BEST DIVERSITY EMPLOYERS
Everyone has the right to express their opinions, communicate well with leaders and colleagues. Represents a part of Canadian culture.
This employer is a great top employer in Canada. Provides market equivalent salary and benefits and flexible environment to balance work and life. Colleagues are supportive and fun to work with.
I was at there office for my college. co-op. It was a great experience. Awesome team work and customer devoted service. Tasks are very well shown by trainee. Must be able to adapt fast and productively. Multitasking is a very important skill in this job position.
Work and life balance is non existent. Management do not know the in and outs that the officers face.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress, effect on daily life, management