Ontario Medical Association

Ontario Medical Association Employee Reviews

The working environment was friendly and easy to adjust too. The view from the reception area was breathless and as It was a student position I was able to complete homework while still maintaining my work load.
- Very friendly and enthusiastic people to work along with. -Proper communication methods and any news financial policy updates were driven out through their own portal. -Major benefits while working here Full time.
Pros
Free lunch events and seasonal parties for every season
Cons
Hiring process is complicated
The group I am woking with is extremely nice and supportive. Although, I have joined only a few weeks back, I already feel as a part of the team. Management seems nice too.
Pros
Nice location, nice people
Cons
No flexibility re: working hours
I worked in a few departments, worked with many top level physicians and surgeons. I was able to move up in my positions, starting as junior medical secretary to senior administrative assistant
A typical day was spent working with three different departments including Media, Government and External Relations. I learned a lot about how to work in a multi media environment as well as working with different levels and government. The management was great and the work culture was a positive one. Teams collaborated with each other and helped each other to succeed. The hardest part of the job was working for 24,000 medical doctors across Ontario. The most enjoyable part of the job was the social get togethers with the team and how everyone helped each other in a crisis.
Pros
Helping each other in a crisis. All hands on deck mentality.
Cons
Stressful sometimes especially during negotiations of physicians.
Great company to work with which has great potentials to move up and expand on career experiences. Provides employee with competitive salary and bonus.
Provided students with an opportunity to work in a corporate environment in a department of their choosing (ie. Human Resources, Public Affairs, Information Management, Finance). The organization was good at ensuring appropriate work/life balance.
What I really enjoyed about working at OMA was the fact that they offered mandatory in house classes in Microsoft Office to keep everyone up-to-date.
An extremely supportive Human Resources and management team makes the OMA, a great place to work. The most difficult of tasks were made easier to approach knowing that you had a great team backing you.
Pros
Salary; Job Work/Life Balance; Job Culture
Cons
One of the best employers in Toronto. Ideal for new immigrants,
Pros
Friendly team/atmosphere
Senior Administrative Assistant - Corporate Affairs Ontario Medical Association - October 2013 to Present Senior Assistant to provide administrative support the Corporate Secretary & Senior Director, part-time contract position. • Organize meetings and prepare agenda packages. • Record and draft minutes of Post Board Teleconference Meetings for assigned Assemblies and face-to-face meetings, as required. • Determine relative importance and sensitivity of meeting discussions and identify appropriate actions. • Prepare action lists and follow up correspondence. • Provide back-up to Coordinator, Board of Directors. • Attend Board and Council meetings as administrative support. • Special projects as assigned.
Management and staff was very supportive A typical day was always busy
Pros
Free lunches and fun activities
There's a lot to learn and I am still learning and growing everyday at work.
This was a great place, unfortunately, there were new changes in management, and a lot of employees were laid off including my immediate supervisor. I enjoyed my years there.
Pros
education, benefits