Ontario Line Clearing Employee Reviews

Awful place of business
Arborist Labourer (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON4 July 2019
At Ontario line clearing you are expected to work a 65 hour work week and are only paid for 40. I was at the yard every day at 4:20A.M. and didn't get home until 5:00-5:30P.M. OLC would pay you 8 hours for this... Not only that but you pay 5 dollars a day to get to the city of Toronto to work which doesn't seem like a bad deal going in but you are on the clock from the time you show up, 4:30am, expected to load and unload trucks while your not being paid till 6:30am. Great deal right?

Management just seems to be a team of people who try and gain your trust just to get you to sign off on rights you have as an employee so they can operate.
At the end of my employment here I was told "You did nothing wrong, but we're letting you go..." If things are that tough while they cheat and underpay their employees, I'd hate to see these guys try and operate above board in any type of fair manner.

The people at ground level are easy to work with, this is the only positive at this place of business. Most of the guys have the wool pulled so far over their eyes they just accept their horrendous conditions. I feel bad for them. They are under paid, under appreciated and all management does is smile and ask you to sign another form. It seems to me they've had many problems in the past, they have a form involving signing away a right, for every contingency.

I believed the lies but seen through the wool in a short time. Its doesn't strike me as coincidence that as soon as I start asking questions about hours of work and daily operations that they "let me go." Saying there wasnt enough
  more... work and ensuring me I did nothing wrong. Awful, greedy employers.  less
Pros
Great guys to work with at ground level.
Cons
Unpaid hours of work, long hours, horrible management.
its been a long time
Grounds Man (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON1 March 2017
Its been many years since i worked here. the guys i was with were great and they taught me a lot. climbing trees wasn't really for me but the experience was great and the owners were good
Pros
great co workers
Cons
didn't like heights
good
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON16 January 2017
good place to work good people and decent pay with decent hours. light duties and good customers. could use better pay and more communications.