Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres

Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Remember you are serving a large community spread across Ontario and that each region has it's own strengths and needs. Get to know the departments and make it your own experience, give something back and make it worthwhile for your time and the communities you serve.
Pros
Culture based, room to grow if you choose but beware of office dyamics
Cons
Competitve which can be a good thing at times, but not if its lateral violence in competitve workplace dynamics
The people that work there make the difference but the work environment is not good or supportive. Amazing work in done for the Indigenous communities but they dont treat staff well.don’t
Pros
Amazing work done for the indigenous community
Cons
Work culture
If you want to lean more about working with indigenous organizations and enjoy a high paced competitive environment and if you don’t mind letting work take over your life then this will be a good choice.
The research department was where i had a paid internship and i would have returned if i didnt relocate. The best staff i ever worked woth. Friendly and
Pros
Cons
Parking
Be ready to put your best self forward. OFIFC will help you grow. Travel happens a lot. You are treated professionally. Various areas to work within OFIFC.
During my time here a few people left or let go so NO job security. Friendly staff but management can use some training on professionalism and ethics.
Pros
Good work-life balance and pay
Cons
More at work professionalism and less favoritism
The work the organization does is invaluable to communities; however, they have no commitment to equity, advancement or job security. During my year at OFIFC over six people were let go, and the organization has a history of letting people go without reason every so often (staff says that people are let go close to June/July when the Annual General Meeting is held). Salary and benefits is there, but be ready to be either let go without cause or notice, or to see a few of your coworkers fired on the spot.
Enjoyed this training. Their workshops and discussions were great, it helped me strengthen my communication skills, and delivered materials specifically focused on informing Aboriginal youth on ending violence against Aboriginal women. This also helped me with my presentation and facilitation skills, and discussions.
No two days are the same as my position as one of the Administrative Assistants required that I perform duties for a number of Managers, Directors and workers on any given day.

I learned to quickly adapt, priorize and meet challenges head on to perform my work.

The workplace culture is one of discovery and reconnecting to ones Aboriginal culture.

I tremendously enjoyed sharing ideas and every moment with my co-workers. I admired the commitment and dedication to the Aboriginal community.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Expectations somewhat unreasonable