Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres Employee Reviews

Great People, Terrible Management
Field Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 March 2018
The work the organization does is invaluable to communities; however, they have no commitment to equity, advancement or job security. During my year at OFIFC over six people were let go, and the organization has a history of letting people go without reason every so often (staff says that people are let go close to June/July when the Annual General Meeting is held). Salary and benefits is there, but be ready to be either let go without cause or notice, or to see a few of your coworkers fired on the spot.
Great atmosphere
Youth Facilitator Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
Enjoyed this training. Their workshops and discussions were great, it helped me strengthen my communication skills, and delivered materials specifically focused on informing Aboriginal youth on ending violence against Aboriginal women. This also helped me with my presentation and facilitation skills, and discussions.
A workplace that challenges your endurance.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
No two days are the same as my position as one of the Administrative Assistants required that I perform duties for a number of Managers, Directors and workers on any given day.

I learned to quickly adapt, priorize and meet challenges head on to perform my work.

The workplace culture is one of discovery and reconnecting to ones Aboriginal culture.

I tremendously enjoyed sharing ideas and every moment with my co-workers. I admired the commitment and dedication to the Aboriginal community.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Expectations somewhat unreasonable