Ontario Excavac Employee Reviews

All work, No family and no life
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 May 2019
Ontario Excavac tries to set itself apart by saying it offers "Superior Service" but unfortunately this is far from the truth.

If you work here you will need to know a few things:

1. The office hates the Union. They fight all the time and the company will look to take from you when it can. They LOVE taking pay on a technicality.

2. If you work hard you will not be recognized unless you're brown-nosing. Working hard will also result in you working longer hours sometime. (See point 3)

3. They play favourites with the hours and the union doesn't care. The people that get the most hours are often the ones in the office "Hanging out" with Management. ( I mean it's a tactic for job security I guess ) if you work hard at your job and are requested back by the contractor..then gold! ( I take that as a personal achievement)

4. Most people here are like high school students but 50. Trust no one and keep your head down.

5. Take advantage of the safety equipment. Of all the companies that I've worked for they do that right.

If you can make it through these five things.. then you'll do just fine.
Pros
- safety equipment
Cons
- most everything else
Amazing people to work with, great place to start a career
Hydrovac Swamper (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 January 2019
Probably one of my favorite workplaces. A certain member of management is completely incompetent but luckily he isn’t a major part of your day to day work.
Filled with good people with a good culture and appreciation.
Pros
Christmas party (hotel room, open bar, 5 course meal) all paid for by the company
Cons
Brown nosers are rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ontario Excavac. Our community is ready to answer.

Ontario Excavac Reviews by Job Title