All work, No family and no life
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) – Vaughan, ON – 9 May 2019
Ontario Excavac tries to set itself apart by saying it offers "Superior Service" but unfortunately this is far from the truth.
If you work here you will need to know a few things:
1. The office hates the Union. They fight all the time and the company will look to take from you when it can. They LOVE taking pay on a technicality.
2. If you work hard you will not be recognized unless you're brown-nosing. Working hard will also result in you working longer hours sometime. (See point 3)
3. They play favourites with the hours and the union doesn't care. The people that get the most hours are often the ones in the office "Hanging out" with Management. ( I mean it's a tactic for job security I guess ) if you work hard at your job and are requested back by the contractor..then gold! ( I take that as a personal achievement)
4. Most people here are like high school students but 50. Trust no one and keep your head down.
5. Take advantage of the safety equipment. Of all the companies that I've worked for they do that right.
If you can make it through these five things.. then you'll do just fine.
- most everything else