Ontario Excavac

Ontario Excavac Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
great company to work with typical day consisted of providing hydro-vac services for larger ontario utility providers such as enbridge hydro one and bell .Great coworkers and up to date machinery
Pros
outdoors
Cons
no family life.. 24/7 service
No respect from management. If you don’t give up your life to work there you will get laid-off. The only positive to working here all work gear is supplied.
The manegment team is all about safety and cares for thier employees. Even down to providing the proper gloves for the job... its just a great place to work. The employees are all good people which made it a fun atmosphere
Ontario Excavac tries to set itself apart by saying it offers "Superior Service" but unfortunately this is far from the truth.

If you work here you will need to know a few things:

1. The office hates the Union. They fight all the time and the company will look to take from you when it can. They LOVE taking pay on a technicality.

2. If you work hard you will not be recognized unless you're brown-nosing. Working hard will also result in you working longer hours sometime. (See point 3)

3. They play favourites with the hours and the union doesn't care. The people that get the most hours are often the ones in the office "Hanging out" with Management. ( I mean it's a tactic for job security I guess ) if you work hard at your job and are requested back by the contractor..then gold! ( I take that as a personal achievement)

4. Most people here are like high school students but 50. Trust no one and keep your head down.

5. Take advantage of the safety equipment. Of all the companies that I've worked for they do that right.

If you can make it through these five things.. then you'll do just fine.
Pros
- safety equipment
Cons
- most everything else
Probably one of my favorite workplaces. A certain member of management is completely incompetent but luckily he isn’t a major part of your day to day work.
Filled with good people with a good culture and appreciation.
Pros
Christmas party (hotel room, open bar, 5 course meal) all paid for by the company
Cons
Brown nosers are rewarded.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ontario Excavac. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4