Ontario Drive and Gear Limited Employee Reviews

3.8Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Fun place to work lots of way to grow within
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  New Hamburg, ON21 February 2019
Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd. is a fun place to work with many ways to grow within the company.

However. if your looking for a professional place to work where serious matters should be handled as such keep looking.
Pros
competitive pay rates
Cons
Unprofessional
Not a bad place to work
Machinist Apprentice (Current Employee) –  New Hamburg, ON17 April 2018
It's not a bad place to work. I have learned a lot, and I really enjoy the tasks that I do. I must admit, I do have some frustrations though. My current shift does not work well for me, and there is no option to switch me over to a more feasible shift that will greatly improve my work/life balance. Personally, any type of interaction that I have ever had with anyone from management have all been positive, however, people from the shop floor with catch a tail end of a conversation, begin to spread rumours and it creates bad energy on the shop floor.
Pros
enjoyable tasks, lots of learning
Cons
poor job culture, lots of negativity on the shop floor, poor work/life balance
Great place to work!!!!
New Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hamburg, ON17 April 2018
ODG is one of the best places I've worked at. Fellow team mates are more like family than co-workers. The only drawback is the ownership is a private equity group and with them it's all about the money.
Pros
Cons
Private equity group owned.
Productive and Great Environment
Transmission Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Hamburg, ON9 November 2016
Enjoyed the factory pace. Loved the hours of work 6am - 2pm. I enjoyed stocking inventory and building transmissions. The best part was leaving early on Fridays if your quota was filled!
Pros
Environment
Cons
Waiting for parts
Production
General Assembly (Current Employee) –  New Hamburg, ON11 July 2015
Tasks and duties at ODG are assigned on a weekly basis; Expectations are understood and carried out on time, as efficiently as possible. Effective communication with the Supervisors and Co-workers and ensured consistent production and meet deadlines.
• General assembly of the amphibious 8x8 UTV Argo;
• Material handling duties as assigned to stock incoming product and stage production;
• Building and property maintenance, ensure that work expectations are met and cleanly workplace;
• Abled skills with hand tools and power tools;
• Problem solving skills, sharp eye to the matter of defects and errors during production;
• Team working environment, communication with all Co-workers and all Supervisors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ontario Drive and Gear Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Ontario Drive and Gear Limited Reviews by Location