Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc Employee Review

View all Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc reviews

Busy and fun work place.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2014
A typical day at work starts by organizing your daily tasks followed by any instructions or job changes that are needed for that day. Re-prioritizing job tasks is done throughout the day as needed. A usual day involves troubleshooting PCB's to the component level, Fixing electro-mechanical devices and teaching field personnel how to operate the equipment, building a variety of sensors, and checking component stock levels and ordering parts when needed.

Since working at Onstream Pipeline Inspection I have developed greater troubleshooting techniques. I have also learned a great deal of the role of a manager and how to deal with both the upper management and the field workers.

My co-workers are great. The company has a fun and interactive environment.

The hardest part of my job is having to always re-prioritize my daily tasks due to the high volume of work that comes through my office.

The most enjoyable part of job are my co-workers.
Pros
personal trainners 3 times a week, free lunch 2 times a week, good pay, fun enviroment
Cons
high volume of multi-tasking

Other Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc Employee Reviews

Stable work, exciting industry
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2019
Working at Onstream has been a breath of fresh air. It's a smaller company so there's a good sense of community. The people here have a great work ethic while also maintaining a good work-life balance such as typical 8-5 weekdays with very infrequent overtime depending on the demands of the project, ability to leave for appointments, etc. Management is always reachable and personable.
There's a gym upstairs for use anytime and a fitness trainer comes in on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays for a lunch workout. Getting fit is a great way to break up the day and feel re-energized for the rest of the day.
Onstream is a well regarded pipeline inspection company with a growing list of repeat clients, and since pipeline operators are mandated to inspect their pipelines every so often, work here has been stable. It's great being mostly insulated from the boom and bust economic cycles.
There's lots of development happening in the technology group from designing new pipeline pigs and equipment, developing new and improved software and algorithms and troubleshooting issues. No two days are the same so it's mentally stimulating and quite rewarding.
I've been here for a year and a half and I haven't had a morning where I dread coming in to work.
Productive workplace with great work-life balance
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  7455 68 St SE, Calgary, AB T2C 5R44 September 2019
This company is rapidly growing and full of opportunity. Despite my short time as an intern, I had no trouble finding ways to contribute. Management made sure the team was functioning well and deadlines were being met, yet fully respected the importance of work-life balance. This is an awesome company to work for if you are a passionate and hardworking individual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2