Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc

Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc Employee Reviews

This is a good place to work if you enjoy travelling. Management seems more focused on themselves then the employees. They hire very young people with very little experience. This can be good and bad at the same time. If you have ever heard of "bait and switch" then you will understand what happens here.
Pros
able to book your own room when on the road
Cons
most everything else
Working at Onstream has been a breath of fresh air. It's a smaller company so there's a good sense of community. The people here have a great work ethic while also maintaining a good work-life balance such as typical 8-5 weekdays with very infrequent overtime depending on the demands of the project, ability to leave for appointments, etc. Management is always reachable and personable. There's a gym upstairs for use anytime and a fitness trainer comes in on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays for a lunch workout. Getting fit is a great way to break up the day and feel re-energized for the rest of the day. Onstream is a well regarded pipeline inspection company with a growing list of repeat clients, and since pipeline operators are mandated to inspect their pipelines every so often, work here has been stable. It's great being mostly insulated from the boom and bust economic cycles. There's lots of development happening in the technology group from designing new pipeline pigs and equipment, developing new and improved software and algorithms and troubleshooting issues. No two days are the same so it's mentally stimulating and quite rewarding. I've been here for a year and a half and I haven't had a morning where I dread coming in to work.
This company is rapidly growing and full of opportunity. Despite my short time as an intern, I had no trouble finding ways to contribute. Management made sure the team was functioning well and deadlines were being met, yet fully respected the importance of work-life balance. This is an awesome company to work for if you are a passionate and hardworking individual.
My experience at Onstream has been a cut above other O&G companies I've worked for. The family-like culture, the skill level and drive of co-workers, and the management team on their own would be impressive, but to have all three was simply fantastic. Everyone is working towards a common goal, and management empowers you do your job.
Pros
Culture, equipment, management, company focus
Cons
Very poor management right up to the top. Don't expect to have a life with this company. No limit on hours worked, nor care about your personal time. Money can be good after few years. But expect to work for it. Lots of corporate kiss a_s going on in company. Be aware!
Pros
good wage after few years.
Cons
too many to list
A typical day at work starts by organizing your daily tasks followed by any instructions or job changes that are needed for that day. Re-prioritizing job tasks is done throughout the day as needed. A usual day involves troubleshooting PCB's to the component level, Fixing electro-mechanical devices and teaching field personnel how to operate the equipment, building a variety of sensors, and checking component stock levels and ordering parts when needed. Since working at Onstream Pipeline Inspection I have developed greater troubleshooting techniques. I have also learned a great deal of the role of a manager and how to deal with both the upper management and the field workers. My co-workers are great. The company has a fun and interactive environment. The hardest part of my job is having to always re-prioritize my daily tasks due to the high volume of work that comes through my office. The most enjoyable part of job are my co-workers.
Pros
personal trainners 3 times a week, free lunch 2 times a week, good pay, fun enviroment
Cons
high volume of multi-tasking
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc?