Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc Employee Reviews

Progressive, Innovative
Polymers Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2019
If you're serious about technology, learning, and following the Core Values; this place is for you.
They heavily invest in research and development. Good amount of independence, and a culture like no other.
They have an on-site fully structured gym.
Productive workplace with great work-life balance
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  7455 68 St SE, Calgary, AB T2C 5R44 September 2019
This company is rapidly growing and full of opportunity. Despite my short time as an intern, I had no trouble finding ways to contribute. Management made sure the team was functioning well and deadlines were being met, yet fully respected the importance of work-life balance. This is an awesome company to work for if you are a passionate and hardworking individual.
Wonderful company
Development (Former Employee) –  Canada30 June 2019
My experience at Onstream has been a cut above other O&G companies I've worked for. The family-like culture, the skill level and drive of co-workers, and the management team on their own would be impressive, but to have all three was simply fantastic. Everyone is working towards a common goal, and management empowers you do your job.
Pros
Culture, equipment, management, company focus
Cons
Not a career orientated company
Field slave technican (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2019
Very poor management right up to the top. Don't expect to have a life with this company. No limit on hours worked, nor care about your personal time. Money can be good after few years. But expect to work for it. Lots of corporate kiss a_s going on in company. Be aware!
Pros
good wage after few years.
Cons
too many to list
poor management
Field Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB / Houston, TX4 January 2019
This is a good place to work if you enjoy travelling. Management seems more focused on themselves then the employees.

They hire very young people with very little experience. This can be good and bad at the same time.

If you have ever heard of "bait and switch" then you will understand what happens here.
Pros
able to book your own room when on the road
Cons
most everything else
Busy and fun work place.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2014
A typical day at work starts by organizing your daily tasks followed by any instructions or job changes that are needed for that day. Re-prioritizing job tasks is done throughout the day as needed. A usual day involves troubleshooting PCB's to the component level, Fixing electro-mechanical devices and teaching field personnel how to operate the equipment, building a variety of sensors, and checking component stock levels and ordering parts when needed.

Since working at Onstream Pipeline Inspection I have developed greater troubleshooting techniques. I have also learned a great deal of the role of a manager and how to deal with both the upper management and the field workers.

My co-workers are great. The company has a fun and interactive environment.

The hardest part of my job is having to always re-prioritize my daily tasks due to the high volume of work that comes through my office.

The most enjoyable part of job are my co-workers.
Pros
personal trainners 3 times a week, free lunch 2 times a week, good pay, fun enviroment
Cons
high volume of multi-tasking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3