Onni Group

Onni Group Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
While I enjoyed working with my fellow co workers, I found that the overall experience was not for me. Company has many collaborative events for employees.
Pros
Corporate events
Cons
Operational systems
Upper management doesn't seem to be familiar with tenancy laws, or if they are, they hope that tenants aren't.

The workload is moderate, but I was asked to do some questionable things. Ultimately, the company's bottom line is the most important thing to them, and anything that will make them more money is their only concern.
Socially political company with a no-handouts, sink or swim culture.

Eat or be eaten culture comes from the highest management.

Never let your guard down.
well, they will push you to the limit, they will make you a magician obviously you can't meet the deadline but still they will push you, even beyond time, but they won't pay you overtime pay.
Pros
they only know how to push their employee to slavery
Cons
they want you to work overtime without pay
Great place to work if you're looking for a company that values culture. The energy of the work environment is upbeat and inclusive. Overall wonderful experience in the past 10 years.
These guys are a joke, they'll bleed you dry. They will promise you it all & you'll get nothing in return, don't waste your time.

Project managers have zero experience in actual construction knowledge, team leading or any professionalism, basically they are a box of radom spare parts conjuctivly.

Honestly the stories you read about this outfit are true. Do yourself a favor stay away!
BEWARE these guys are crooks and will destroy you if your a small business. If you do a contract job for them say goodbye to all your profit. They try to sweep all their mistakes under the rug and make you do extra work for free constantly. Getting a PO for extra work being done is like pulling teeth. They will highlight your minor mistakes and backcharge you heavily if you dont meet their unrealistic standards. These guys have run so many companies into the ground just to make more profit. You might as well just set all your cash flow on fire, it's the same thing as if you were to work for them. save yourself the trouble and stay far far away from this company
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, unexperienced superintendents, constant drama, never pays on time, Career ending potential
Company is very supportive and willing to help for advancement
First of all, all the employees constantly complain about the company. Ones that have just started and ones that have been there for 5-7 years. That is how my first days started off.
Constant complaining, even to customers and realtors they have come to know. Some of the older employees seem to try to make their customers (purchasing pre sale condos) feel sorry for them that they're not appreciated by ONNI so they try to get gifts/dinners, especially from realtors too.

Just a bad first impression and its hard to move up - if you even want to since everyone above you is miserable. Low pay as well. All managers are awkward
Pros
none..
Cons
LOW pay, unhappy employees that are making bad impressions from your first day.
Great work environment, modern new office in the heart of Downtown. Open conceptions working space with adjustable desks position and top notch office /computer equipment. A lot of perks such as free lunches occasionally, team building events, employees discounts, great benefits .
Friendly, professional and fun people to work with.

Everything is well organized and structured. Extremely fast paced and multitasking environment.

If you are young professional looking for starting and advancing your career Onni is the right place for you. You will be rewarded!!! But be prepared to work hard with endless “To-Do” List.

No matter if you decide coming early or/and staying late or even working on a weekend, tomorrow you will always have twice more tasks to accomplish. But after all isn’t it everywhere now? I hope it’s not.

Good luck!
Pros
Great benefits, employee discounts
Cons
Depends
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Onni Group?
Love working for Onni, very well organized and productive.
Management is very nice and easy to work with.

Job site is clean and organized

Safety is always first here
Horrible work environment. Do yourself a favour and do not work for this group. So many more opportunities out there. The guys at the top think they are doing you a favour by hiring you. If you value yourself do not work at Onni. They love waving the carrot. You will be underpaid all year hoping for a good bonus during review. Never happens.

These guys love to yell, scream, make comments under their breath to you. All around negative place to work
Pros
Strippers are hired at office parties
Cons
Strippers are hired at office parties
Is a very good place to work everybody are friendly and profesional they are very respectfull with the employees also they have a very good quality standars and very good training.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Enjoyed the company and coworkers. Great environment and atmosphere. I recommend this company to future workers and contractors. Main location is in Vancouver.
Good company to work for with lots of advancement opportunity. With locations in The Northwest, Southwest and the east cost the opportunities to relocate are many.
With a Real Estate and Construction background I would offer a strong foundation for the type of employee you’re looking for to grow your business. I enjoyed this position.
Working in the head office offers lots of opportunity for career advancement. Fun, motivated co-workers. Busy working environment. Good benefits and other perks.
Pros
Career Advancement
You'll work long hours, even 6 days/wk on salary.

So you'll see how low the dollar amount per hour it is that your wage'll be when you do the math.

In the interview you'll be told that you're full time permanent, then they'll email the contract to you & if you read it, you'll discover that you aren't permanent. So the management lie to you about the terms of your employment.

They'll want you to sign-up for Epost paycheque system, but won't tell you that it's optional - you'll see for yourself.

Overall, not a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Lots
I loved working with the guys that I worked with but the management that I had to answer to didn't suite me. We had some long days and didn't get overtime because we where on sallery, I had a two hour comute of 2 hours to then 2 hours home, start at 7 then finished at random times
Pros
good guy that worked there that was not in management
Cons
camute and random finishing times
The best place I have ever worked at. In terms of personal growth the sky is the limit. Just do your job and growth will come.
Learned how to operate a Skid Steer Loader, Flag Daily. had to work mostly independently.