Onni Group Employee Reviews

Chaos
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2018
Horrible work environment. Do yourself a favour and do not work for this group. So many more opportunities out there. The guys at the top think they are doing you a favour by hiring you. If you value yourself do not work at Onni. They love waving the carrot. You will be underpaid all year hoping for a good bonus during review. Never happens.

These guys love to yell, scream, make comments under their breath to you. All around negative place to work
Pros
Strippers are hired at office parties
Cons
Strippers are hired at office parties
productive and fun place to work.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 September 2018
Is a very good place to work everybody are friendly and profesional they are very respectfull with the employees also they have a very good quality standars and very good training.
Pros
free lunches
Great Place to Work
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2018
Enjoyed the company and coworkers. Great environment and atmosphere. I recommend this company to future workers and contractors. Main location is in Vancouver.
Great Company for Personal Career Growth
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver12 March 2017
Working in the head office offers lots of opportunity for career advancement. Fun, motivated co-workers. Busy working environment. Good benefits and other perks.
Pros
Career Advancement
U won't like it there--long hours, overtime = very low pay due 2 being on salary
Doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  Doesn't matter13 September 2016
You'll work long hours, even 6 days/wk on salary.

So you'll see how low the dollar amount per hour it is that your wage'll be when you do the math.

In the interview you'll be told that you're full time permanent, then they'll email the contract to you & if you read it, you'll discover that you aren't permanent. So the management lie to you about the terms of your employment.

They'll want you to sign-up for Epost paycheque system, but won't tell you that it's optional - you'll see for yourself.

Overall, not a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Lots
it was good with the guys that i worked with
Skilled Labourer/Labour Foreman (Former Employee) –  suterbrook29 March 2014
I loved working with the guys that I worked with but the management that I had to answer to didn't suite me. We had some long days and didn't get overtime because we where on sallery, I had a two hour comute of 2 hours to then 2 hours home, start at 7 then finished at random times
Pros
good guy that worked there that was not in management
Cons
camute and random finishing times
Fun Workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 April 2013
Learned how to operate a Skid Steer Loader, Flag Daily. had to work mostly independently.