OneClass

OneClass Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Fun easy Job

This is a great job to have while attending university as you can make some money and help people in need out as well. Job is fairly easy as it only requires you to listen and make concise notes.

No work-life balance, low salary

Chaotic management,no work-life balance. Will have to work overtime, and of course no payment for doing it no matter how long it is. Laying off employees without prior notice and proper reason. Good luck to those who stuck there.

Low salary & work overtime frequently without payment

Nothing concrete to support my living in this city by working for Oneclass, even as a full-time worker. The company is jaw-dropping cheap. They give you the salary which is much lower than almost all the same position in other companies. Their propaganda is that they have fun and flexible working hours, and the truth is that the off-duty hour is really flexible. It's very normal that you start in the early morning and had no idea when you could go back home. Of course, there is no payment for working overtime, no matter how long it is. The worst part is that the company tries very hard to make you believe working overtime is the right thing to do, and tries to make you feel guilty for leaving on time because your leader is still there. Fortunately, I've found a much better job and could finally leave. Really sorry for those who stuck there. Good luck.

Motivating place with lots of friendly people

I’m constantly reminded of how passionate this group of people are whenever I’m on the platform and someone is experiencing an issue. They are always on top of things and they make sure that I feel like I’m a part of the team. It’s a really great company to work for.

Quick support for all team members

After having bad experiences with some tutoring platforms out there, I was skeptical at first about what OneClass could offer me. However, my first few interactions with their managers made me a believer and they have always been very responsive to my needs. Highly recommend this company to anyone looking for additional work.

Transparent communication with all employees

I really like the fact that during my training process, my manager was always available to answer any of my questions (I’m a curious person, so naturally I had a ton of questions!). They were extremely patient and made sure that I understood any ambiguous processes. Really like the company and would recommend any of my friends to work here.

Good Starting position

Good starting position for newer employees. Company culture is pretty good and employees are definitely fun. However, busy times can get really busy, and the bonuses may not reflect the work done.

Enjoyed working with this company

I noticed an increase of motivation, as I always had people to report to on a regular basis. Further, I really enjoyed being a part of the note-taking community.

Pros

Regular work schedule

Cons

Not many hours

horrible job

do so much work for less. its a dollar for an email so its not worth it. you have to do a lot of public speaking so its perfect for building up courage

Fun company culture, low salary

Great people to work with! Office culture was laid-back with open desk concept and really enjoyed the free snacks and coffee. Micro-managing was non-existent and the work hard, play hard mentality encouraged employees to be primarily independent and responsible for their work. Onto my critiques. Friday afternoons consisted of seminar-style meetings where everyone was allowed to take a break and listen in to the team that was scheduled to highlight what they were working on. This allowed everyone insight into other areas of expertise by other teams. While the concept of this is aimed toward skill development and keeping everyone informed on the status quo/future direction of the company, intermingling between teams would have a better method to share ideas and room for improvement instead. Group chat (Slack) for communication was alright for the most part but group channels added an element of being interrupted which left me figuring out whether the message was worth reading or not. If it wasn't, it was mostly wishing happy birthdays to other co-workers or welcoming new team members. It became very addictive to use which diverted attention from the work that was to be done. Management is disorganized and there is no specific evaluation system or feedback on improvement, The same can be said for the workload as it was highly dependent on demand, There was either too much work to do or too little which was quite frustrating for an environment that actively promoted individual skill development. Side note: the company is also expanding way too fast, especially in the -

Pros

Free monthly lunches, inspiring company culture working with like-minded young professionals, emphasis on skill development

Cons

Low pay, workload demand and method of pay inconsistent, no overtime, tax forms or benefits

See the detailed review

Free lunch and company event every month. Most of the employees just graduated from the university, young and dynamic. It’s a good place to start the career, but not a good place to stay. It’s especially bad for people with senior experience. Compared with other companies, the salaries here is much lower for the same position. The leaders were young and not that professional in their fields. Most of the employees are heavily loaded by their work. If someone had a paid vacation, it usually causes other coworkers to be overloaded. The company itself expands too fast without matured management. Frequent overtime is encouraged by the leaders and the company. BTW no payment for the overtime. In general the company is cheap to its employees, and doesn’t really consider employees’ work-life balance.

Pros

Company events, dynamic, winter break

Cons

Working overtime, low salary, heavy work load, poor management

Great company, great product, good people

Great place to work, amazing team, brand new office in a great, accesible location in Toronto. Work hard/play hard attitude. Free lunches and team outings every month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneClass. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement