OneClass

OneClass Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Simple sign-up process and plenty of teaching opportunities

There were not very many students in my area when I first started, so I decided to try out OneClass. After getting fully trained, the students started to come in. I really enjoy helping them and also being able to do so in the comfort of my home.

Company that can't consistently pay its employees

The number of times that this company couldn't make its payroll was completely unacceptable, for a company with 300 employees and 1000 contractors. Work somewhere that will be able to pay you on time.

Thorough training and onboarding provided by friendly managers

I really liked the fact that training was done in a very efficient way where we had to watch videos on our own time and complete the skill-testing questions. I thought that perhaps it was a bit long, but that’s to be expected if you don’t want just any random tutor to teach on their platform.

Quick support for all team members

After having bad experiences with some tutoring platforms out there, I was skeptical at first about what OneClass could offer me. However, my first few interactions with their managers made me a believer and they have always been very responsive to my needs. Highly recommend this company to anyone looking for additional work.

Quick onboarding process

I’ve worked for a variety of education companies. I’ve found OneClass to be my favourite because they were very responsive to all of my concerns and questions. They also are extremely on-time with bonuses and pay.

Transparent communication with all employees

I really like the fact that during my training process, my manager was always available to answer any of my questions (I’m a curious person, so naturally I had a ton of questions!). They were extremely patient and made sure that I understood any ambiguous processes. Really like the company and would recommend any of my friends to work here.

Pros and cons

Great place to start the career! I've learned and practiced so many during my work by working independently most of the time through the entire production process, which also significantly improved my professional skills. I also loved the room that the team gave me to be creative and dynamic about all the projects! It was always a pleasure to have a brainstorm with teammates. Most of the coworkers were young, friendly and supportive, which really made the time working there happy. As a startup company, it seems OneClass was still seeking the right way to go. Lots of room to improve management. Because of the fundraising, some positions may get cut down all of a sudden. The benefits were fine, but the salaries were usually lower than the average in the market. No reimbursement for traveling to Toronto for the interview, staying in the hotel temporarily or moving to Toronto from another city for the job. Sometimes the workload could be overwhelming and working overtime was a must.

Pros

Christmas break

Cons

salary, benefits, management and workload

There are people resigning their positions almost every week.

There are people resigning their positions almost every week. At first the HR sent emails telling everyone who has left for what reasons, after a few weeks the HR stopped doing that. Some of these who quit have just worked here for a few weeks, or even a few days, noticed the mess there and left wisely before wasting too much time there; some of them have worked there for a long time and eventually accepted the reality that things will never improve. For example, their work won’t be valued more or their salary won’t be increased or the management won’t be improved. It’s actually very easy to get hired by this company because they are expanding and they need people. However, instead of treating their employees seriously, they pay very little attention to employees’ needs. Well, there are many people looking for jobs in Toronto, no wonder the company is not worried about employees resigning at all.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Employees are not be valued, low salary, poor management

Place to start but not to stay

Cut to the chase: The company is expanding like crazy currently, hiring new employees on a weekly basis. They even give hundreds dollars as the bonus to current employees in the international team for recommending their friends who are qualified to work here. The sudden increased heavy load of the computers in the office even causes the power outage for couple of times. However, the management could not catch up with the fast speed of the expansion. For thoes people who just graduated from university and struggle to find a decent job, this may be a good place to start the career, but definitely not a place to stay because of the disorganized management, low salary, heavy work loads and basic benefits. They prefer to hire more people with low salary, than to pay current employees enough or improve their management. The CEO is so into expanding company’s territory but doesn’t pay attention to improve the management at the same time, which is really not a positive sign for a company’s future. Personally I don’t think the working environment is professional. The CEO and his wife both work here as employees. Some couples are both working in the same office too. Dating coworkers is even encouraged by the HR lady. This makes the professional relationship hard and complicated.

Pros

Company events, young and dynamic professionals to work with

Cons

Disorganized management, low salary, no benefits for working over time

See the detailed review

Free lunch and company event every month. Most of the employees just graduated from the university, young and dynamic. It’s a good place to start the career, but not a good place to stay. It’s especially bad for people with senior experience. Compared with other companies, the salaries here is much lower for the same position. The leaders were young and not that professional in their fields. Most of the employees are heavily loaded by their work. If someone had a paid vacation, it usually causes other coworkers to be overloaded. The company itself expands too fast without matured management. Frequent overtime is encouraged by the leaders and the company. BTW no payment for the overtime. In general the company is cheap to its employees, and doesn’t really consider employees’ work-life balance.

Pros

Company events, dynamic, winter break

Cons

Working overtime, low salary, heavy work load, poor management

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OneClass?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneClass. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement