OneClass

OneClass Employee Reviews

Very helpful team and managers. Students are very friendly and most of them are hardworking. Not bad to work there. They can schedule classes based on your time selection and the communication is always very fast and effective.
The number of times that this company couldn't make its payroll was completely unacceptable, for a company with 300 employees and 1000 contractors. Work somewhere that will be able to pay you on time.
I was told by the company this is a young, fun and transparent place to work at. But I totally felt otherwise. I guess they either don’t really know themselves, or got fooled by their own lies. People left every week and no one wanted to talk about it. Given the low salary which could barely help you survive in Toronto and the overwhelming workload that makes you work overtime regularly, everyone working here apparently knows it is not a good place to work at, but they’d rather to fake the surface and pretend things are all good. I guess the company really thinks that people are that dumb here, but it’s not. Sometimes people are just stuck here as they don’t have other opportunities, and they will definitely leave as soon as they get something else. But there is no sign that the company will improve their management or care for their employees. I would say it is actually going worse. So my personal suggestion will be: stay away, unless you are really broke and couldn’t even get a job in the McDonald downstairs. Tired muscles are definitely more preferred than a unhappy soul when the salaries are pretty much the same.
Pros
Snacks if that counts
Cons
Low salary, working overtime, weird vibe, poor management
Do not apply for any job at OneClass. The pay is low, the hours are always overtime on weekends and evenings too, the founders and vps don't have anyone's confidence, employees put in ethically compromising positions, the atmosphere is weird. People are leaving every week but no one talks about what's going on. So much shady stuff is normal here. Getting worse and worse. People are worried if we stay we will get in trouble.
Pros
Hard working young people
Cons
Exploit employees, customers
Chaotic management,no work-life balance. Will have to work overtime, and of course no payment for doing it no matter how long it is. Laying off employees without prior notice and proper reason. Good luck to those who stuck there.
Nothing concrete to support my living in this city by working for Oneclass, even as a full-time worker. The company is jaw-dropping cheap. They give you the salary which is much lower than almost all the same position in other companies. Their propaganda is that they have fun and flexible working hours, and the truth is that the off-duty hour is really flexible. It's very normal that you start in the early morning and had no idea when you could go back home. Of course, there is no payment for working overtime, no matter how long it is. The worst part is that the company tries very hard to make you believe working overtime is the right thing to do, and tries to make you feel guilty for leaving on time because your leader is still there. Fortunately, I've found a much better job and could finally leave. Really sorry for those who stuck there. Good luck.
Employees are not respected by the company. Low salary and complex working relationships. Long working hours is paid by free snacks from the CEO. Of course you have to say a lot of thanks to him if you take it, very funny.
This is a great job to have while attending university as you can make some money and help people in need out as well. Job is fairly easy as it only requires you to listen and make concise notes.
The organization provides a positive workplace environment while maintaining focus on deliverance. I have met some of the most driven people, who were always there to assist and guide.
I’m constantly reminded of how passionate this group of people are whenever I’m on the platform and someone is experiencing an issue. They are always on top of things and they make sure that I feel like I’m a part of the team. It’s a really great company to work for.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OneClass?
There were not very many students in my area when I first started, so I decided to try out OneClass. After getting fully trained, the students started to come in. I really enjoy helping them and also being able to do so in the comfort of my home.
I really liked the fact that training was done in a very efficient way where we had to watch videos on our own time and complete the skill-testing questions. I thought that perhaps it was a bit long, but that’s to be expected if you don’t want just any random tutor to teach on their platform.
After having bad experiences with some tutoring platforms out there, I was skeptical at first about what OneClass could offer me. However, my first few interactions with their managers made me a believer and they have always been very responsive to my needs. Highly recommend this company to anyone looking for additional work.
There are many reasons to work for OneClass. But the one that was the most important for me was the team environment. Everyone here is extremely supportive and they are some of the nicest people that I have ever worked with. It’s a pleasure to come into work and I really enjoy it.
I’ve worked for a variety of education companies. I’ve found OneClass to be my favourite because they were very responsive to all of my concerns and questions. They also are extremely on-time with bonuses and pay.
I really like the fact that during my training process, my manager was always available to answer any of my questions (I’m a curious person, so naturally I had a ton of questions!). They were extremely patient and made sure that I understood any ambiguous processes. Really like the company and would recommend any of my friends to work here.
The management team is friendly, and always there to help you when you encounter any difficulties. The pay rate is good, and time is flexible. Good place to start.
Good starting position for newer employees. Company culture is pretty good and employees are definitely fun. However, busy times can get really busy, and the bonuses may not reflect the work done.
OneClass has a friendly culture and a solid management team. I work as a freelance online educator, providing tutorials for students over the internet. I am allowed to choose my classes, and have great flexibility in my schedule.
I noticed an increase of motivation, as I always had people to report to on a regular basis. Further, I really enjoyed being a part of the note-taking community.
Pros
Regular work schedule
Cons
Not many hours
OneClass is an excellent way to earn rewards for notes that you are already taking. A recent transition in the payment scheme makes it less lucrative than in the past. However, as a dedicated student in university, it serves as an ideal opportunity to earn additional rewards for notes you are already taking. It also enables you to assist other students which is rewarding in its own right.
  1. Employee reviews