OneClass

OneClass

OneClass Employee Review

Pros and cons

Great place to start the career! I've learned and practiced so many during my work by working independently most of the time through the entire production process, which also significantly improved my professional skills. I also loved the room that the team gave me to be creative and dynamic about all the projects! It was always a pleasure to have a brainstorm with teammates. Most of the coworkers were young, friendly and supportive, which really made the time working there happy. As a startup company, it seems OneClass was still seeking the right way to go. Lots of room to improve management. Because of the fundraising, some positions may get cut down all of a sudden. The benefits were fine, but the salaries were usually lower than the average in the market. No reimbursement for traveling to Toronto for the interview, staying in the hotel temporarily or moving to Toronto from another city for the job. Sometimes the workload could be overwhelming and working overtime was a must.

Pros

Christmas break

Cons

salary, benefits, management and workload

2.0Job security/advancement

Same location

Company that can't consistently pay its employees

The number of times that this company couldn't make its payroll was completely unacceptable, for a company with 300 employees and 1000 contractors. Work somewhere that will be able to pay you on time.

Weird Vibe here

I was told by the company this is a young, fun and transparent place to work at. But I totally felt otherwise. I guess they either don’t really know themselves, or got fooled by their own lies. People left every week and no one wanted to talk about it. Given the low salary which could barely help you survive in Toronto and the overwhelming workload that makes you work overtime regularly, everyone working here apparently knows it is not a good place to work at, but they’d rather to fake the surface and pretend things are all good. I guess the company really thinks that people are that dumb here, but it’s not. Sometimes people are just stuck here as they don’t have other opportunities, and they will definitely leave as soon as they get something else. But there is no sign that the company will improve their management or care for their employees. I would say it is actually going worse. So my personal suggestion will be: stay away, unless you are really broke and couldn’t even get a job in the McDonald downstairs. Tired muscles are definitely more preferred than a unhappy soul when the salaries are pretty much the same.

Pros

Snacks if that counts

Cons

Low salary, working overtime, weird vibe, poor management

Terrible place to work

Do not apply for any job at OneClass. The pay is low, the hours are always overtime on weekends and evenings too, the founders and vps don't have anyone's confidence, employees put in ethically compromising positions, the atmosphere is weird. People are leaving every week but no one talks about what's going on. So much shady stuff is normal here. Getting worse and worse. People are worried if we stay we will get in trouble.

Pros

Hard working young people

Cons

Exploit employees, customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneClass. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement