OneClass

OneClass

OneClass Employee Review

Fun company culture, low salary

Great people to work with! Office culture was laid-back with open desk concept and really enjoyed the free snacks and coffee. Micro-managing was non-existent and the work hard, play hard mentality encouraged employees to be primarily independent and responsible for their work. Onto my critiques. Friday afternoons consisted of seminar-style meetings where everyone was allowed to take a break and listen in to the team that was scheduled to highlight what they were working on. This allowed everyone insight into other areas of expertise by other teams. While the concept of this is aimed toward skill development and keeping everyone informed on the status quo/future direction of the company, intermingling between teams would have a better method to share ideas and room for improvement instead. Group chat (Slack) for communication was alright for the most part but group channels added an element of being interrupted which left me figuring out whether the message was worth reading or not. If it wasn't, it was mostly wishing happy birthdays to other co-workers or welcoming new team members. It became very addictive to use which diverted attention from the work that was to be done. Management is disorganized and there is no specific evaluation system or feedback on improvement, The same can be said for the workload as it was highly dependent on demand, There was either too much work to do or too little which was quite frustrating for an environment that actively promoted individual skill development. Side note: the company is also expanding way too fast, especially in the -

Pros

Free monthly lunches, inspiring company culture working with like-minded young professionals, emphasis on skill development

Cons

Low pay, workload demand and method of pay inconsistent, no overtime, tax forms or benefits

2.0Job security/advancement

Same location

Company that can't consistently pay its employees

The number of times that this company couldn't make its payroll was completely unacceptable, for a company with 300 employees and 1000 contractors. Work somewhere that will be able to pay you on time.

Weird Vibe here

I was told by the company this is a young, fun and transparent place to work at. But I totally felt otherwise. I guess they either don’t really know themselves, or got fooled by their own lies. People left every week and no one wanted to talk about it. Given the low salary which could barely help you survive in Toronto and the overwhelming workload that makes you work overtime regularly, everyone working here apparently knows it is not a good place to work at, but they’d rather to fake the surface and pretend things are all good. I guess the company really thinks that people are that dumb here, but it’s not. Sometimes people are just stuck here as they don’t have other opportunities, and they will definitely leave as soon as they get something else. But there is no sign that the company will improve their management or care for their employees. I would say it is actually going worse. So my personal suggestion will be: stay away, unless you are really broke and couldn’t even get a job in the McDonald downstairs. Tired muscles are definitely more preferred than a unhappy soul when the salaries are pretty much the same.

Pros

Snacks if that counts

Cons

Low salary, working overtime, weird vibe, poor management

Terrible place to work

Do not apply for any job at OneClass. The pay is low, the hours are always overtime on weekends and evenings too, the founders and vps don't have anyone's confidence, employees put in ethically compromising positions, the atmosphere is weird. People are leaving every week but no one talks about what's going on. So much shady stuff is normal here. Getting worse and worse. People are worried if we stay we will get in trouble.

Pros

Hard working young people

Cons

Exploit employees, customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneClass. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare OneClass with

• OneClass
  • Fun company culture, low salary