One Floral Employee Reviews

Buen ambiente
Traabjasor de produccion (Current Employee) –  Ontario canada27 May 2018
Tenemos armonía en el trabajo trato con personas de otros países organizamos partidos de soccer
Pros
Si hay seguro medico
Cons
Si cada dos horas hay descanso
happy hard working enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jordan Station, ON11 April 2018
the employees and mangers at one floral work extremely hard and diligently to complete the tasks throughout the day. Everyone was very friendly and ready to help and mangers where always ready to help you.
Very productive workplace, very friendly staff and frozen treats on hot days
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2016
The reason why i rated the salary at 3 stars is because it is minimum wage. Also I rated the job security/advancement at 1 star because it is seasonal work. Everything else is easily 5 star because it is literally one of the best places I have ever worked, with the best management. My typical day at the job would be to merchandise, satisfying any needs any custom needs me to satisfy. I had to deal with customers issues, and this takes improvising in the moment to find a solution. I learned to get strong improvising skills through this. One Floral's Management was very professional, they always made sure we were comfortable which is important to me. I was given frozen treats on hot days like mentioned in the review summary, which shows how they made sure we were happy in our workplace. My co-workers were extremely knowledgeable about what had to be done, and they also knew how to communicate that to me in a positive way. The hardest part of the job was being in the heat all day long because it drains you of your energy. The odd thing is even though that is the hardest part of the job, it also is the most enjoyable part to me is being outside.
Pros
My co-workers, my boss, environment.
Cons
The odd rude customer, the distance i had to drive.
Good summer job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON14 February 2016
If you like flowers and dealing with the public in a retail situation then this is a good summer job.

I should note that you will have to work in varying weather conditions and you will be doing lots of lifting and moving of plants so keep that in mind.
Fast-paced, challenging and fun place to work
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jordan Station, ON1 December 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. My days were filled with new projects, with a few daily monotonous tasks. Upper and mid-management was supportive in my efforts and worked to mentor me in my role. I supported executive level decision making, fulfilling my job satisfaction requirements. Growth in the company seemed to come to a standstill for me, so there wasn't much room for advancement. However, as the company grows, so will the need for a solid employee base.
Pros
Work culture, mentoring, inclusiveness
Cons
Employee advancement is limited at this time
Fun Fast Past Physical - So rewarding
Merchandiser Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 October 2015
Working at One Floral is exciting and extremely rewarding. Being as we are in the garden centers for a short season, the work we do must be done quickly and our standards/expectations are high. The merchandisers take real pride in the work they do. Management is consistently giving feedback and educating. It is also fun. It is really busy May/June working sometimes 6-7 days a week, but because of the short time frame it all works out. I've loved the change to advance in my role from merchandiser to supervisor. The real hands on, supportive leadership helps.
Pros
Fun - lunches - special rewards
Cons
Short season
Fun temporary job
Floral Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON21 March 2015
Manager was great to deal with, very flexible too bad it was a minimum wage seasonal job. Allows you to work independantly and was very open to suggestions.
Semaine typique
Directeur de comptes (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2014
Gestion globale des ventes,
Prospections,
Horaire, résultats, embauche, formation, suivi $$$
Each day is very busy.
A/P Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Jordan Station, Ontario20 February 2014
Overall I enjoy working at this company. Our department is rarely asked to work hours other than the 8 1/2 expected each day.

I enjoy the "Employee Appreciation" days where all employees are asked to participate in the games - ie: "A Minute To Win It", bowling, soccer, and the lunch that is served along with the games. Also, we are able to get flowers & plants to buy at a lower price than at the stores for our own personal use.

Each day is very busy. It's over before you know it. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the volume of paperwork and phone calls.

I learned the process of getting the bouquets and plants to retail stores is a long one - from buying or growing the flowers to receiving them in-house to wrapping them and packaging them and sending them to the stores. Very cool!

And management has a tough job keeping all the departments working together to get the flowers out the door.
Pros
Buying flowers & plants at cost
Cons
Volume of work
Productive fast paced environment
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Jordan Ontario20 January 2014
load trucks schedule driver times, plan the next day with maps of locations and times for the next day of loading
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours and had to work every holiday

Want to know more about One Floral?

Ask a question