Once Upon a Child Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Runner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2019
It's a really good place to work, the people there Is so friendly. The shift Is met and the activities for yo sí are really entertaining.
I loved this place. It's special for students workers
Pros
You can stay here forever if you want
Cons
You stand on your feet all day
Avoid at all costs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2019
Management is horrendous and they do not care about staff at all. The store was constantly busy and never taken proper care of. Higher up would threaten staff about garnishing wages. I'd rather be poor then work here!!!
Pros
lunch break
Cons
horrible management, nasty customers
Loved it
Head of the before and after school program (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON23 April 2019
Great place to work everyone was really friendly and willing to help. If I hadn't gotten sick, I would maybe still be there. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
early mornings
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 March 2019
had a great time working there decided that i wanted to be part of the food industry and i am currently pursuing training in that field in order to advance my career
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2019
Flexible work schedule, able to work and take on what I can. In school and I started with two jobs and they still gave me hours. During busy times in the year they can give you a lot of hours, unfortunately during slow time not a lot of hours to give out. Great environment. I've learned a lot from this job. Have to be ready to put in work, not just a basic retail store.
Pros
Great environment and staff, hours in busy season
Cons
Long hours, when busy there is a lot to do
Overall decent job
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 January 2019
When you work there, there is always something to do. I had great coworkers, but you had to keep up to get everything done by the end of the day. Which isn't a bad thing at all, but you can't slack is all I'm saying. Which made it difficult for everyone to time out their breaks.
Productive work space, negetive coworkers
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 October 2018
Terrible first job, never recommend working there. No enthusiasm in work environment, unsafe job with risks and poor attitudes. Must be a jack of all trades to work there and be able to maintain confidence in a very descrimative place.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
Long hours, confusing computer system, toxic working environment, tight unsafe working space.
Fun people to work with
cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC27 October 2018
Easy people to get along with. Flexible hours. Good items. Thorough. Helpful. Understanding. Educational. Gives good discounts. Easy to move up within the store.
Pros
Discounts
Just awful
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2018
Half the time the management cant communicate with staff right, and the regular staff glare at you and will ignore you even when you may need help... The worst part of working here was the fact i got food poisoning called in sick tried to go to my shift the next day but couldnt do it, the manager told me it was ok to go home it was the perfect day if any to be sick, i got a call the next day by a different manager saying because i was sick with food poisoning for 2 days i was fired
Pros
Its a nice location
Cons
Staff will judge you hardcore
Good Start!
Cashier / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 October 2018
Good place to start out for first job. flexible hours and easy job. Employer and employees were very friendly and helpful in teaching which also contributes to a positive work atmosphere.
It felt like home
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 September 2018
Working here was a pleasure. It was welcoming and provided a positive environment for all that were involved. It was a busy store so there was always something to do.
I enjoyed my time there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON15 August 2018
I only had a part-time job there for two months, but I enjoyed it. The people I worked with were nice to be around, and the overall atmosphere was good.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Tight workspace
Fast paced and organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 June 2018
You had to get through all the products that the customers brought in to consign the day they brought them in. It could be difficult but the organization and process the company came up with made it a compatible with the job demanded.
great team atmospere
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 June 2018
Management worked hard to create a fantastic team environment. The owners were great to work for, very willing to accommodate flexible schedules for students
it feels like a family
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 April 2018
I have nothing negative to say about this place. From the bottom of my heart this has been a wonderful place to work. It's busy and makes the time fly by. The owner are nothing but kind and are truly and inspiration to me and they have made me feel like family.
Pros
people
Stressful work environment
Cashier and Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 January 2018
It's a very demanding workplace. There's constant need for cleaning, there are many customers asking for their clothes to be sold.
Although stressful, the people are very helpful and the work is generally the same everyday.
Pros
Good people, Same things done almost all days
Cons
Stressful, Messy workplace
Ouac
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2017
At first it was fun to work there but after a while I became unhappy with how things were. The company is good but I did not like the one i was at. That is all.
Fun workplace
Key holder/shift leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company, it was so fun & seeing all the cool items coming in was really fun. Recommend 100%. Very close knit and positive.
Pros
Awesome environment
Good job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2017
Once Upon A Child is This is the cutest store ever! I appreciate all it offers the community. They offer so many sensory products and specialized toys. Great prices and friendly staff.
A great place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 May 2017
OUAC is a wonderful, family oriented place to work. It is not your typical retail job, even when it's slow it's busy. It is a place of continuous learning and you have to be able to multi task. The staff is like family and make it a great place to work, even on the tougher days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Once Upon a Child. Our community is ready to answer.