On Side Restoration

Working at On Side Restoration: Employee Reviews

Canada113 reviews

restorationbranchprojectlongtrainingteamsupporthour

Project Manager Will challenge you and reward you

A pleasure to work with a great team that has similar goals to ensure a high level of customer service.Challenging volume with program work with autonomy to handle and ensure all goals are met.

Pros

Great developing organization with a broad horizon ahead of them

Cons

Challenging environment with due to the natture of the work

Fast Paced

The company is growing fast and has a lot of advancement opportunities. The job expectations are always laid out in advance. Team is helpful and guides you in times of need. Management is really good and wants you succeed. Our department has the best leader, who is more like a mentor to the team than just being a manager.

Insights into On Side Restoration

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place to work, and helping others in their time of need is rewarding

I really enjoy working for On Side, and there have been many exciting changes happening recently. Pay is good and there is lot's of opportunity for overtime work as well.

Pros

Pay is fair, free cellphone for personal/work use

Just a bit bitter

You are only a number there.Salary looks good based on 40 hours, but the workload is 120 hours.No appreciation to your abilities, and bonuses are a dream, even though they promise big ones.

Cons

Long hours, no appreciation

Good place to work.

was working quite an years, they have strong company policy related employee safety and environment, this makes you feel safe.People in there is mostly nice, you don't see any jerk in the field.overall not bad experience during working with good people in this company.

Mama said if I have nothing nice to say….

It’s hard to explain anything specific read through the lines…I met a couple okay people.The work was good.The atmosphere less so.Mama always said if I have nothing nice to say….

Everyone talk from their behind, too much chameleon, beware

Good salary but for sure they will just use you do be careful, you can try but be smart, better to take a lead in early time so no hesitation in the end

Pros

Fair salary, early go home but paid 8 hours

Cons

Not a full time job, they will just use your probation 3 months

Very toxic environment. Plus management was disorganized all the time.

The Lethbridge branch was a very mind numbing experience to say the least. Everyone always talks behind each other's backs. People smoking pot in their vans. The endless amount of smoke breaks. They are very lazy and unprofessional. I don't recommend this job to anyone hardworking. You will make everyone else look bad and you will suffer from it.

Tons of work!

Workplace was great. They kept me busy with consistent work, even through the pandemic.They have a great health plan which includes chiropractic, massage, dental and life insurance.Great place for problem solvers and hustlers

At your own risk

It's evident someone within the company is tasked with posting reviews because I can assure you it is not reflective of the reality at OnSide. Fantastic company with great vision and great opportunity...if your part of the club. As a PM it's fairly standard stuff, low salary, maximum expectations demanded and ALL roads lead to your fault and your job at stake. I speak for Gatineau branch only and not OnSide as a whole, avoid at all costs. You've been warned. It is a "lone" branch with little to no supervision from corporate or any higher ups for that matter and as a result it does what it wants, how it wants, when it wants it. Entire staff is related either by blood or family relation and so are the subtrades working for them. As such, only one person controls the flow and success of the entire operation and rest assured that all assets and tools for success are not distributed evenly. You will realize very quickly that your success is entirely dependent on how quiet you remain about the goings on within the branch. If your not family or friend don't risk it.

Pros

Vehicle

Cons

Extensive

Nice place to work.Great team environmentIt's an open door atmosphere

I have nothing negative to say overall. The workplace team does make the extra effort to welcome and include you. The negative part for myself was that I did not have enough duties to fill my 8 hour shift. I would reach out to each department for any Ad-Hoc duties to no avail. 3 hours every day trying to fill was difficult to remain dependent to the shift. 8 hours was mandatory.

Pros

Many catered lunches Welcoming and friendly staff

Cons

Did not provide enough tasks for my 8 hour shift. So the days were extremely long.

Local office poorly run, but no shortage of work.

Management of local office is not good due to lack of knowledge and experience actually managing people. Manager and Project Managers are all friends outside of work, lots of nepotism and bias. There is an incredible amount of work that runs through that office however so if looking for job security they have that going for them, especially being that they are owned by one of Canada's largest insurance companies. Carpenters and labourers are grossly under paid and under appreciated.

Pros

Lots of work.

Cons

Unfriendly staff unless you are part of the club, office is not managed well, constant work outside of business hours when on call, no work/life balance.

Good place to learn more about restoration

For someone who's never worked with restoration, it was quite the experience as I got to experience areas of work I would have never experienced. They're helping people out but internally they tend to not help their own. They hire you for something but make you do something else altogether. Overall it was a good experience due to the co workers but they could manage in a better way.

Pros

Cellphone, overtime, co workers

Cons

Mismanagement

Potential for advancement locally, and country wide.

Diverse culture where strengths are celebrated. Many training opportunities and hundreds of years of experience in the industry to draw from to advance your knowledge and position in the industry.

definitely do not recommend

Terrible place to work. They definitely don’t care about you or half the jobs you do. management is completely terrible . you are just a number to them. and unless your friends with management or field supervisor you are no one to them They are very unprofessional. If you need anything don’t bother calling anyone because they wont pick up. Half the jobs you don’t even know what you are doing and they are constantly cursing absolutely don’t not work here if you can help it.

Pros

great work

Cons

terrible everything else

Teamwork environment at it's finest

I have been with On Side Restoration for many years. I have seen changes and growth in the company through the years however, I never felt lost as an employee. They have always respected and valued me as an employee and person, listened to my ideas and provided an awesome work advancement path.Starting from the front line and working my way through the company has been an excellent adventure. This company does care about their employees and understands the struggles that each department has. Every work day is a different day which adds variety and never becomes a “boring” working environment.At times, workdays can be long and stress can be a given with the fast pace that the industry needs to keep up with, but with On Side providing a work life balance, it helps keep things fresh and me motivated.Overall, On Side is an excellent place to be employed with if you are looking for fast paced work, a team environment, career growth, and variety.

Progressive company with many opportunities for learning and advancement.

Many different roles and sectors within this company. If you work hard, you get rewarded well. A great place to build a career. We are like a big family. We support each other and share our resources, knowledge and passion. Whether you are just starting your career, changing positions, or a seasoned professional looking to lead and grow with us, there is a place for you at On Side Restoration. As an all-inclusive company, On Side respects diversity. Your voice will be heard and your opinion will always matter at this company.

Pros

Progressive company culture, focus on being best-in-class, exciting and rewarding jobs

A Titan of a Company With A Great Heart

I have had the honor working with On Side for close to 7 years. Report to a Great Manager whom is Empathetic / A True Leader. Work with passionate territory managers, project managers, operations managers and technicians. For those that go the extra mile many staff are promoted from within. We have the resources internally and externally to assist many clients get back to pre-loss condition. The challenge is to find life balance when helping those clients in need and also maintaining family life. On Side is my extended family where I plan to learn and grow for a long period of time. Working at On Side is a enjoyable yet challenging time in my career. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Pros

Autonomy, Great manager, Great Management and Great Clients

Cons

Becoming more proactive and less reactive.

Great company to work for and advance with!

Wonderful team based culture. Management is very supportive and there is plenty of room for advancement without having to have a bunch of letters after your name. It's fast paced and can be quite stressful at times with long hours but very rewarding.

Pros

Good benefits, growing industry, never boring, culture, helping people in need

Cons

Long hours at times

Fun fast pased company with lots of learning

Monday to Friday job with on call schedules posted well in advance. Branch in general is very freindly and very accomodating to my family life. Benefits are really good with prescription coverage for my family.

Pros

Scheduled hours

Cons

On call

Productive and fun workplace

Working at On Side is a learning experience and can give you many different opportunities in restoration such as fires, floods, and insurance claims.

Pros

Our education policies

Cons

On call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On Side Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement