On Side Restoration Employee Reviews

I did not find this to be a good place to work.
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 April 2018
I did not feel respected or appreciated here. The salary was minimal and was not worth me staying there. The Project Managers do not take any accountability for their own actions and the Manager puts responsibility for all negative aspects onto the assistants.
Content team member
Content team member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
If you like going to work doing 40+ weeks like i do its the perfect job for you

but the women there that work in the contents department will eat you alive if you dont got a back bone and the manager doesnt do anything to fix it
Pros
meeting awesome people
Cons
meeting grown woman who act like they are 12
Labourer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
I worked in the construction companies in Calgary for many years. I can lift over 50 ponds and work great with others. I learned alot of construction trades in this industry
Loved working here
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Remote1 March 2018
I loved working with this team and crew. A very supportive admin manager and lovely people. Need to be very organized for sure. They have a really neat computer system you work on top.
Busy environment that can be very satisfying.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2018
I am very appreciative of my time at On Side. I owe them for teaching me my administrative skills, time management, keeping calm under pressure and they have provided me with job security for two and a half years. I do feel however, that there is no where for me to advance as it is a male dominated business. There is a lot of pressure that comes with the job that can be both very satisfying/rewarding, but also extremely stressful.
Good company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 November 2017
I have enjoyed a lot of aspects of this company since I started, it is just not the industry I want to be in. The company is run with great processes and procedures.
Pros
great corperate support
Cons
Would rather not say
ok i guess
contents (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 October 2017
it was nice working for them in the beginning , then they treat you like a 4th grader , you give them 6 months notice that you are leaving , then they fire you on the spot with no reason poor , poor
no justice
good work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 October 2017
good work environment with mostly easy work. driving to locations took a good chunk of the day and it involved some lifting of objects some heavy others light.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days, sometimes up to 17 hours
Enjoyable
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
Work in the insurance and private contracting sector. Restore property after a fire or flood had occurred. Working with insureds can be very difficult at times
Good workplace culture
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2017
People within the organization are very helpful and easy going. Culture where you can approach and interact with people on every level.

It would be good to have more town hall meetings so everyone across the country is informed of corporate goals and initiatives as well as how each employee will contribute to reaching them.
Pros
Celebrate team wins!
Cons
Information is not dissiminated through all levels of the business.
Great place to make money and learn
Water Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2017
You will make a decent amount of money and learn a lot about building science. However it is a very time consuming position that requires much "on-call" service that can take away from your personal life.
Pros
Money
Cons
Will take away from personal life.
Training
Restoration Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Onside was very committed to training there management to have an efficient, and professional team. Great corporate culture, with a group support system in place, and a general concern for all Stakeholders.
Pros
Training, and Support.
good workplace
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 January 2017
great workplace, made lots of friends and felt really good to help Fort Mcmurray with the fire recovery situation. would like to go back to work with on side within a year if i dont find a job i like.
fun times
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC23 November 2016
if you have a good crew the job can be fun, the job changes lots . the pay isn't the best but your home every night so you can't complain about that,
Great Crew so so Managment
Water technican labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2016
It was a great place to work but management made it hard some days, no positivity only negativity. Unfortunately was let go after a WCB accident.
Pros
Great Team to work with
Cons
Managment
All positions were challenging
PMA (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat17 June 2016
I view my assorted office positions as;

There was something new for me to learn alot, they were challenging but, also rewarding.
Ok place
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 November 2015
I worked with Onside threw a Temp company, the over all experience was ok staff where ok. Wish it had led into full time work.
Friendly work environment, not ideal for a career path.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2015
I found Onside to be a pretty friendly work environment but other than the laughs I found it lacking in regards to management follow through and structure.

Staff hands were tied when requesting necessary work equipment to do their jobs properly. It was a daily obstacle to acquire the tools necessary to conduct daily duties.

Disciplinary steps non-existent.
Pros
Occasional free luncheon, free variety of coffee.
Cons
Poor wages, long hours, lack of tools needed for job, poor communication from management, lack of disciplinary actions leaves staff open to unforseen dismall. Overall poor structure.
good working
Project Manager Assistant/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2015
I like working with Onside if I had an option to stay in Edmonton city I will work here only. Transfer not much appreciated by them unless completed for long year with the company
Horrible company to work for.
Project Manager's Assistant- Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2015
Due to micromanagement and an extremely negative environment this was a horrible company to work for. Operation staff is a joke and directly reflects on the salary you will make, while nothing is being done to fix these issues. Your job will entitle duties that were not previously explained to you prior to taking the position. Do not work for this company unless you are desperate for work.
Pros
Cons
negativity