On Side Restoration

On Side Restoration Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
For me it was productive
Fast paced contact centre. But the management should give more room for growth in the call centre. But overall, good place to gain a lot of experience.
If you enjoy working hard and never being appreciated for it then work at on side.
management is definitely the take down for this company. They don't respect you, your time or health. Training is a word they like to toss around but they don't put you through it. After over a year I still haven't received, fall protection and yes you need it, water tech Training, mold Training and more. They say they train for careers but over a year there and no Training
Pros
benefits but they aren't the best
Cons
Onside is a great company
I love the management , my co-worker , the culture and most of all my job. Managers are available when needed and has an open door policy. Over all I will give an excellent rating
The worst company I have ever worked for.
This company is an absolute joke. Poor management. Poor communication between management and employees. Employees act like they’re still in high school (rumour mill). Poor pay. No guarantee of hours as well as no job security... they can let employees go at any time without justifiable cause. No career growth or room for advancement. Company is totally disorganized. Very toxic work environment.
Do not recommend!!!!
Very corporate world. You are just a number to them. Offer you higher positions and then take them away. If not friends with management, you have no chance. Very miserable atmosphere. Very unprofessional. Curse and swear at employees, ignore calls and emails regarding work. They overwork you until your so sore and tired and when you say you need help, they will ignore you or look down on you
fast paced
great group of people, faced paced, never boring atmosphere. tons of room for advancement. also has a bring bomb softball team, if your into that kind of thing.
Pros
great people
Cons
Lots of expectations with zero support
I have been working at On Side from past few years in the management role. The team is supportive overall however expect a lot of work without any break/ relaxation time. There is a lot of favoritism in the company and will not give you any credit for your efforts. There are employees who barely show any effort and are rewarded and there are employees who die working however are never appreciated. You will work 10 times extra being in the management role however will be paid only a dollar or 2 extra per hour as compared to a usual team member. I feel like I have wasted my time and efforts working in this company. Will never recommend it to anybody.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, Lots of expectations, minimum support, no work-life balance
I met lots of nice people there, from the boss lady to coworkers, and are very detailed obout the specifics and we'll known as a reputable company that's known all over
Pros
Make sure that it what's your looking for
It all depends
If you have experience in the trades or restoration field, you can come in with a higher wage. There are also different branches to choose from. The company allows you to actually progress and change your position, but I personally feel I like the company is kinda cheap. I should be paid more for what I do, and should have better training for the type of work..dealing with fire or water damages.
safety is secondary to profit
There is no room to advance no matter how hard you work or training you volunteer. Dont try to make improvements you can only get slapped on the wrist and shone the road.
No accountability
Wages low, no room for advancement, terrible structure.
Only the water technicians and PMs get any type of recognition.

Too many departments that do not align together well resulting in lack of organization.
People ok
I was hired just before the buy out happened. Then manager went crazy trying to cover their butts. Unless the management team changes, they wont be open much longer. Project managers are leaving. Back staff don't care about how and what the take out of homes. They have people working for them that have stolen from the company (managers knows & don't care). A bad company to work for. Stay away.
Long Term Careers
One thing I can say is that a lot of employees that have left at some point have since returned. The company is great, like all there is always room for improvement but On Side actually works towards a better tomorrow. We have been expanding and moving in a great direction and its been amazing to be a part of it.
absolute joke
medicine hat branch is a joke. poor onside . let's incompetent people run it. you either have lots of work or none at all. expect like 25 hour paychecks right around christmas
The way the operate is terrible
I have worked for onside calgary for 16months, all was good in the beginning, work and go home, do tasks in my skillset, in the end i was doing the work of electricians installing light fixtures and appliances, taking on ceiling texture and such. In the end, my wife fell pregnant and the minute i mentioned paternity leave i was starved of hours and the attitude towards me was awful. The eoperations manger in calgary took me into his office and told me he cant gurantee me any hours and theye sre jot obligated to provide me woth work.
Relaxing but challenging
Working as a restoration project manager, I learned so many requirements in order to provide emergency and repair mitigation.
It was rewarding to know that you provided exceptional customer service in order to provide the insureds home to a pre loss state.
Pros
Gain a lot of knowledge of how the system works
Cons
Long hours and sometimes disturbing under one roof
Do not work in the london office
A couple good people work here but mostly not. Office Manager was born with a silver spoon and ut shows. Very pathetic macho attitude on most that work here. I have seen people let go for no reason. Poor Management all around....... AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Onside restoration, is not a good company to work for they don’t care they just want you to drop everything in your life and work with no incentives. And unless you are the managers favourite you’ll have a hard time getting raises and moving up in the company, office manager is not professional, The company doesn’t care about their employees they just make you work work work and they expect you to do that but overall not a good company. Make sure not to share personal stuff with employees because everybody doesn’t keep their mouth shut and spreads rumours makes up rumours.....
Pros
Money
Cons
On call
Poor work environment and unethical management
No training, management does not no how to talk to people, lots of shady things going on (management using supplies and manpower to do personal work to there own homes), and lots of favoritism to family members working at branch.
Onside Restoration review
Throughout my career, I have worked on cross-functional teams to manage financial transaction processes and ancillary systems required for preparing timely reports for internal and external stakeholders in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and procedures. I maintained records, checked for accuracy and anomalies while rectifying issues.
Pros
Excellent place to be
helper
Un environnement propice pour le travail. Des gens vraiment cool
Ask a question about working or interviewing at On Side Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9