On Side Restoration Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for
Construction/water technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 April 2019
Onside restoration, is not a good company to work for they don’t care they just want you to drop everything in your life and work with no incentives. And unless you are the managers favourite you’ll have a hard time getting raises and moving up in the company, office manager is not professional, The company doesn’t care about their employees they just make you work work work and they expect you to do that but overall not a good company. Make sure not to share personal stuff with employees because everybody doesn’t keep their mouth shut and spreads rumours makes up rumours.....
Pros
Money
Cons
On call
Poor work environment and unethical management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC18 March 2019
No training, management does not no how to talk to people, lots of shady things going on (management using supplies and manpower to do personal work to there own homes), and lots of favoritism to family members working at branch.
helper
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2019
Un environnement propice pour le travail. Des gens vraiment cool
great place to work
Water/Asbestos Lead (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 February 2019
Great place with awesome people and different opportunities to grow in the the company and any training is usually provided by them. great hours awsell
Pros
long hours, lots of work
Cons
working in sewer backups
Laid back
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2019
Would not recommend if you are a hard worker who cant stay still, there is alot of waiting around and most of the people in water tech really like to waste time to improve their hours. I rarely ever seen supervisors at the job site, allowing the the crew to waste time on jobs that really should've been done in half the time. Still a good experience and would recommend if just starting out in the work place.
Fun place to work
Flood Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 January 2019
Great management and work environment . Lots of jobs no shortage of work benefits ang great pay make this a fantastic place to work. Lots of room for career advancement
Good work Enviornment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 December 2018
This company is good to work with. Management is friendly and with the expansion, there are lot of growth opportunities. There are time when work is overly busy. I felt that I was fairly compensated for my extra work that I put in.
Pros
Opportunity to be rewarded everyday with Free lunches, Coffee, movie nights etc.
Cons
Long hours sometimes.
Great Company with Excellent Values
Administrator (Current Employee) –  National20 November 2018
I have worked with On Side Restoration for many years. I started as a labour employee with no experience in restoration, let alone the industry. On Side took the time to provide on the job training and support. They have an excellent internal computer system and by far the best safety policies that I know of.
As time passed, I advanced with the company, this did not happen instantaneously, but I felt that the succession time was appropriate. They have always treated me fairly and with respect.
Work life balance can be a bit tricky, as the industry is driven by disaster, so the environment can be very fast paced, however in saying that, the company generally had slower times which helped.
As with any job/career you deal with people from all walks of life. Sometimes there was work “drama” (as some would call it) but I don’t think that this is anything outside of the norm. I have met some pretty fantastic people working at On Side who have become very close friends of mine.
The best part of the company is the team work and the need to serve the customer. Everyone seems to have the same goal, which makes working here enjoyable.
Pros
Valued, respected and listened to
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Kamloops8 November 2018
Staff are friendly and helpful and willing to train.

Management is fair and pay is above average for industry.

Sometime job is physically demanding but are forewarned.
Biased unfair.
Lead water tech (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 November 2018
I worked for this company for a total of 4 years. I was personally on call by my self for 13 months straight. They have a no friends and family policy but project manager higher there wifes and buddies all the time!
This company was great to work for around 8-10 years ago. That being said rules like no friends and family policy needs to apply to both management and employees if someone that cannot work there that worked there for 4 years in the passed and left 9n good terms with q total of 7 years of tmrestoration experience cannot work there. Neither can projelct managers wifes that have no business being there in terms of credentials in the first place.
Pros
Potential of higher then average wages with on call
Cons
Managment xo what ever they please
Negative work environment
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2018
Over worked Project Managers, their stress fell onto the Project Managers Assistant. Impossible to keep up with the workload. Most PM’s had 70-150 files. Many clients calling upset because things weren’t getting done. Upper management on you about small things. No time to do the job the way it was supposed to be done. Head office always demanding things. Not enjoyable.

Very negative work environment. High school like scene. Upper management doesn’t care. Bullying exists here. Toxic place to work.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Over worked, low pay, lack of culture, negative work environment
awful management
Content Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2018
This place was awful to work at. Their employees are very catty and I was actually pushed once by an older employee and there was no disciplinary action taken towards her
Blah
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  British Columbia8 October 2018
If you're applying in BC, specifically Kamloops. Your best bet is to walk away lol. Don't get me wrong the crew and PMAs are amazing but one bad apple can ruin everything. Won't get too much into detail but if you're looking for a place to get stabbed in the back this is the place for you! If you want a good branch maybe check out Vernon, Kelowna, Abbotsford and Surrey. The company itself is great but there choice of hiring some people seems to be a bit off the rocker. Certain ones expect you to bend over backwards constantly with no appreciation. Just one person's opinion take it how you like!
Pros
Great crew/ PM assistants
Cons
The drama never ends..
It was garbage
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB26 September 2018
I worked for them for over a year and they promise you if you work hard they will help you. I was promised countless amount of raises and a chance and a trade and they denied me both just on the fact that I was the cheapest to work. It’s garbage hours. I worked 21hrs one day which is illegal and they expected me to be in at 7am the next day. You have no social or family life when your working and when your not you are so broke you can’t survive. The management only cares about them selves and money but my coworkers were the only good part. They made the job survivable
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Poor wadge bad hour horrible management
Unfair
Operations - Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 September 2018
Very biased, lots of favoritism, great crew to work with however department is going downhill quickly.

Long hours, high demand for workers, unfair treatment
This company was great to work for. As I believe they were the front runner for restoration companies in western Canada.
Warehouse mgr. /Flood technician / Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 September 2018
Onside Restoration, helped me to progress in the workforce by offering me training programs and certifications that would directly impact the knowledge and skills that I needed to perform the duties of the job.
terrible management
Claims Desk Agent/ Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 June 2018
I liked the people I worked with in my department, but management is so out of the loop that no one knows what others are implementing/changing.
Employees are driven into the ground trying to cope with on-call duties and management is playing golf instead of hiring.
Interesting
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 May 2018
It was a very fun environmental place I worked with so many great people and everyone worked together well. I learned a lot from others and the job supervison.
Pros
Great
Cons
I did not find this to be a good place to work.
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 April 2018
I did not feel respected or appreciated here. The salary was minimal and was not worth me staying there. The Project Managers do not take any accountability for their own actions and the Manager puts responsibility for all negative aspects onto the assistants.
Content team member
Content team member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
If you like going to work doing 40+ weeks like i do its the perfect job for you

but the women there that work in the contents department will eat you alive if you dont got a back bone and the manager doesnt do anything to fix it
Pros
meeting awesome people
Cons
meeting grown woman who act like they are 12