Omnitrans Employee Reviews

good place to work
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA12 April 2019
for the most part. just a little bit stressed out having time points, no time for breaks or lunch sometimes no one in all day, not even time to use the restroom.
Decent
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA11 December 2018
I would say Omni was a decent company to work for. They offer competitive benefits package and decent pay. the money is good once you've been there for a few years . the bad part is they take out too much money for the benefits and and the union dues are too much also
Pros
pay, paid time off, sick time, benefits
Cons
benefits, union dues, rules, dress code
Omnitrans is an ok job
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CA9 December 2018
Omnitrans is a good company to work for, as long as you are willing to completely check all human emotions at the door. Any sign of frustration, compassion, or even joy can get you fired.

Omnitrans will force you to work up to 30 days straight, then write you up for calling off on your own scheduled day off.

You can go above and beyond for management, but they will not appreciate it. You can have a spotless record for 20 years, and you can get fired for a simple mistake.

Please note that, this can be a good place to work if you remember that you are only there to collect a pay check and follow their rules exactly as they are written, but you need to learn to look the other way because management will rarely follow their own rules.
Pros
decent pay checks
Cons
benefits too expensive, management is hypocritical
Good Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA24 April 2018
Good Place to work, includes great pay and benefits. Driver job is a union based job. There is room for advancement for those that want to move up. I suggest that anyone apply.
Good job
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA11 February 2018
I likedmy job and omni. Loved my co workers, like a family there. I started feeling a little uncomfortable after drivers were getting assaulted alot and we had a driver stabbed to death there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Nice company to work for,
Quality Environmental health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA13 January 2018
People are friendly mostly they work together well 8 to 5:30 each day Management is mostly reasonable Culture is good Growth is somewhat limited due to size
Job Security
Utility Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA27 November 2017
The job consisted of working in the outdoors in all conditions, but you get used to it. Before I left the people were great to be around. Fun and had your back.
Pros
During my time the benefits were great.
Cons
Sour management. Cut throat employees.
typical government agency
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA6 November 2017
decisions made by political influences.. whats good today wasn't good tomorrow. Never fully trusted management. Felt my job was on the line everyday.
Hard
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA20 September 2017
Hard stressful and dangerous physical harm can come to you doing this job. and the company does not protect their employee at all. there are not any real breaks for drivers office people get better benefits and more vacation pay than the driver who deal and put there life on the line everyday.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the stress
Treat employees badly
Coach operator (Former Employee) –  5th and medical center in San Bernardino23 August 2017
Drivers are treated badly. Attendance record is horrible because drivers are not respected. They focus on firing than anything else. The new drivers are over worked and overwhelmed causing them to leave the company or go out on stress or injury.
Pros
Medical and dental benefits
Cons
Over work the drivers and people quit often
Omnitrans is a great place to work
System Specialist advanced to System Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA21 June 2017
For administrative personnel the working hours are 8 to 5. The do offer a flex schedule that allows you to work a 9 - 80 Schedule.

Presentations to about 60 people are required so if you do not like to get up in front of a lot of people then that will bother you.
Pros
Flex Fridays
Cons
Providing quality service internal and external.
Assistant Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA18 October 2016
Responsible for planning and controlling the daily operations of a department, interact with the community, and maintain communication with transportation officials. Supervise employees within their department, such as drivers, dispatchers, and field workers. The fulfillment of my day is seeing behaviors change.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low levels of communication
Excellent work environment!
Applications Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA15 September 2016
Had a wonderful time learning about public transit at OMNITrans. All of the Operations staff is approachable and willing to teach their professional expertise to others.
Pros
Great learning environment for those looking for internships.
Cons
Internships must conclude.
The people you deal with make it fun.
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino CA7 April 2015
My typical work day is very intresting. You never deal the same thing. I never had a bad experince while driving the bus. This is one of those jobs that can make you or break you.
Pros
Passengers & co-workers are fun.
Cons
Some Managers are brutal.
Very good company
Coach operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA4 February 2015
This was a very nice company to work. I just had some family matters that moved me completely out of the area. If could I would work for the company again.
Pros
Employee recognitionition
Great job but management change needed
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  SAN BERNARDINO, CA21 July 2014
Handling spontaneous transit issues while keeping employees motivated. Managed 100's of operators at a time.
Pros
The people and customer
Cons
Poor recent intermed management.
Lots of fun company events
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA9 February 2014
In a typical work day I drive my routes in a timely safe and courteous manner. I have learned a lot about the public and how to deal with situations in a professional manner! My co-worker are always willing to help out when needed. The hardest part of my job would be turn around shifts! The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others get where they need to go...
Pros
Lots of fun company events
Cons
Split Shifts.
Flexible schedules
Information Clerk / Marketing Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA11 November 2013
Enjoy working here but no advancement possabilities
Everyone has a I like where I am attitude no ambition
Learned I can do anything I put my mind to I crosstrained receptionist, marketing clerk, delivery clerk
Fast paced
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA21 September 2013
Hardest part of job was keeping on time when sometimes you would have to wait on a train or some other delay. Best part of job was the customer's and wonderful co-workers. I learned to drive a 40 foot bus and keep on a route with detailed scheduling.
Pros
Wonderful benefits and health coverage
Cons
not enough time for some routes to keep on time
Reliable