Omni Health Care

Omni Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Residents are the only good thing about the home.
Management will try to get you to do jobs you aren’t trained on

Don’t give you enough training, then yell at you for not knowing.

Cliquey staff,
Pros
The residents, the wage is good
Cons
Everything else
(Norwood) Management doesn’t know what they are doing, someone tells you to do something and the next day your getting yelled at for doing it. Everyone talked rudely about each other. If you have anxiety or depression this place is NOT good for your mental health. The amount of bullying and lack of communication sucks. Everyone here is only in it for the money no this else.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
I learned so much from working with this company. I thoroughly enjoyed my time. Taking care of residents is a rewarding job. The workers and management truly care. They have financial help for you to further your education. Management is there for you when you need them, you do not have to be nervous to approach them. If you are looking into a career in nursing, PSW, recreation, food services or housekeeping I would strongly recommend applying!
Pros
Management, Staff, Residents
Cons
It can be challenging being a caretaker but if you have a strong team you can get through it
Loud mouthed assistant director causes chaos at the front desk. She is a direct line to director with anything she is told. There is no confidentiality. Staff are stretched to the limit. Unsafe building.
Semis with NO BATHROOMS.

Overpaid management and underpaid staff. Union representation is paid for but non existent when needed.

Poor orientation ......they read a workbook to you.

Online education expectations are ridiculous,.....not paid properly for time.

No advancement opportunities.

Poor emergency response.

Will have a food services director as the manager on call after hours!!!

And that would help a medical disaster how!!!!,

Horrible place.
Pros
Non
They are leading in the industry for programs and services and care about their relationships and partnerships they develope and put the residents first
The workplace culture is not good, when working some of the other workers will make you feel belittled. The hardest part of the job was being able to stay positive for the residents when the staff wasn't treating you properly.
Pros
The residents are nice
Cons
The staff treats their co-workers with no respect
-Staff appreciated often by resident family members
-Cliquey

-Not for people with weak stomach

-Managment problem solving leaves much to be desired.

- Higher risk of exposure to illness
Job required that the RN complete sick calls frequently, thus taking the nurse away from front line care of residents. West Lake has a great shortage of staff both PSW’s and Cooks and kitchen staff. Not enough hours for cleaning staff which showed in the appearance of the home.
OMNI is a very welcoming place to work. Everyone is very welcoming and supportive. Everyone at home office has been helpful in this role too. The different homes all have their own feel too which is neat! They treat their managers very well and we are offered full benefits, a RRSP, and paid vacation time. There are also extra supports for staff going through challenging times. OMNI has been a great place to work. The homes are small and they are a great place to start out, and many people find their forever careers with OMNI.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Omni Health Care?
i have learned a lot of things during this job. i learned how to deal with the people and residents in the home and also how to manage the duties. i was the youngest person in the whole building and everybody liked me there. everyone helped to learn my duties. i loved to work my co-workers because they are so cheerful and helping. they treated me like a kid but helped me a lot. the hardest part of my job was we get short some people or people call sick then we need to work much more than the normal days. i love to be part of this union again..
Have worked at the same place in Komoka for 43 years,I love the job that I am doing (PSW).When we are short staffed managers pitch in on the floor portering,helping to feed, even helping to get the residents up in the morning, which is a big help to the staff.the work still needs to get done so we all pitch in and work together to get the job done.TEAMWORK
I have been a PSW at this nursing home for 43 years and I love my job.On weekends the managers on call are putting on scrubs and pitching in on the floor to alleviate the workload for the PSWs when we are working short .They help get the residents washed and dressed in the morning ,help with feeding in the dining room ,portering ..This is what I call teamwork.where we all pitch in and work together to get the job done..We really appreciate the help of the managers .,aBIG thankyou
I have worked for Omni in Komoka for 8 years and it is a great place to work. Managers help on the floor and there is great team work. There are many long term employees here. Treated with respect and caring. Friendly environment
Pros
Team work
Do your license and self a favour. DO NOT Work here. This place is a short staffed night mare.
You as charge RN will have no support yet be blamed for everything. You will have no orientation and yet be expected to know.

You will be nurse, maid, PSW, housekeeper and cook. There is always a shortage so you do it all.

It is heartbreaking to see the back wing and the crowding of residents in their last days. Violent residents are housed next to weak and frail individuals.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management and lack of support focus on money
Horrible place. I wouldn't let my dog live there. As a psw, I shouldn't have to ask a nurse for a brief, is a resident is dirty you change them

Omni says NO, even after they have received care or a shower if they have not marked 4 or more bars they do not allow you to change them.

Staff are bullies and cruel
Pros
Cons
Low pay, rude, cruel and abusive
Horrible, crowded, unsafe, dirty place to work or live.
Toxic management. Job culture uncaring and selfish individuals.

MeanPSWs. Harassment and bullying prevail. No orientation

If you want to lose your license fast, work here.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, understaffed. Unsafe workload
I worked for this company for a year, and did the best job I have ever done at any job. My manager was intimidated and jealous of my accomplishments so it didn't work out. If you want to work at a place where you are appreciated and thanked for doing a good job, don't work for this company. You will work your hardest just to realize you are not appreciated. It's a toxic work environment and was the worst year of my life. I am happy that I learned from my experience and moved on to a wonderful hospital job. The stress they create for their employees just isn't worth it. They stress their employees out to the point where you can't even do a decent job, which is very sad as the elderly deserve the best from all of us.
Pros
It was decent pay
Cons
Toxic work environment
Country terrace in Komoka is not a good place to work. Management belittles you and treats the employees very poorly. Never enough supplies. Always short staff.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Staff shortage
The bullying between staff to staff and management to staff is unbelievable! Management creates a toxic environment and all time low in morale. Management talks about staff to other staff behind their back and it is nasty!! The things i've heard management say and the names they call them is disgusting!
Pros
residents are amazing and bring a smile to your face everyday.
Cons
Management is horrible and bullies
A good place to work. Management is great. A good agency to work with. If you are looking for experience try them out. I do not regret working with them.
The dedication of the staff and Management support was incredible...design of the building and a comfort it provides to the residence is unik...I just always felt as if I was home :)...Truly inspiring team and organization.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
can't think of any really