Omni Health Care Employee Reviews

i feel glad to worked their with an old age community and all my staff members.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 June 2019
i have learned a lot of things during this job. i learned how to deal with the people and residents in the home and also how to manage the duties. i was the youngest person in the whole building and everybody liked me there. everyone helped to learn my duties. i loved to work my co-workers because they are so cheerful and helping. they treated me like a kid but helped me a lot. the hardest part of my job was we get short some people or people call sick then we need to work much more than the normal days. i love to be part of this union again..
Best place to work
PSW (Current Employee) –  Komoka, ON2 May 2019
Have worked at the same place in Komoka for 43 years,I love the job that I am doing (PSW).When we are short staffed managers pitch in on the floor portering,helping to feed, even helping to get the residents up in the morning, which is a big help to the staff.the work still needs to get done so we all pitch in and work together to get the job done.TEAMWORK
Best place to work
Psw (Current Employee) –  Komoka, ON2 May 2019
I have been a PSW at this nursing home for 43 years and I love my job.On weekends the managers on call are putting on scrubs and pitching in on the floor to alleviate the workload for the PSWs when we are working short .They help get the residents washed and dressed in the morning ,help with feeding in the dining room ,portering ..This is what I call teamwork.where we all pitch in and work together to get the job done..We really appreciate the help of the managers .,aBIG thankyou
Great Place to Work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Komoka, ON2 May 2019
I have worked for Omni in Komoka for 8 years and it is a great place to work. Managers help on the floor and there is great team work. There are many long term employees here. Treated with respect and caring. Friendly environment
Pros
Team work
Horrible oppressive dirty place
Rn (Former Employee) –  Komoka, ON23 April 2019
Do your license and self a favour. DO NOT Work here. This place is a short staffed night mare.
You as charge RN will have no support yet be blamed for everything. You will have no orientation and yet be expected to know.
You will be nurse, maid, PSW, housekeeper and cook. There is always a shortage so you do it all.
It is heartbreaking to see the back wing and the crowding of residents in their last days. Violent residents are housed next to weak and frail individuals.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management and lack of support focus on money
Horrible dirty and resident abuse
Psw (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON20 April 2019
Horrible place. I wouldn't let my dog live there. As a psw, I shouldn't have to ask a nurse for a brief, is a resident is dirty you change them

Omni says NO, even after they have received care or a shower if they have not marked 4 or more bars they do not allow you to change them.

Staff are bullies and cruel
Pros
Cons
Low pay, rude, cruel and abusive
Horrible
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 April 2019
Horrible, crowded, unsafe, dirty place to work or live.
Toxic management. Job culture uncaring and selfish individuals.
MeanPSWs. Harassment and bullying prevail. No orientation
If you want to lose your license fast, work here.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, understaffed. Unsafe workload
I wouldn't recommend working for OMNI
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Confidential5 March 2019
I worked for this company for a year, and did the best job I have ever done at any job. My manager was intimidated and jealous of my accomplishments so it didn't work out. If you want to work at a place where you are appreciated and thanked for doing a good job, don't work for this company. You will work your hardest just to realize you are not appreciated. It's a toxic work environment and was the worst year of my life. I am happy that I learned from my experience and moved on to a wonderful hospital job. The stress they create for their employees just isn't worth it. They stress their employees out to the point where you can't even do a decent job, which is very sad as the elderly deserve the best from all of us.
Pros
It was decent pay
Cons
Toxic work environment
Terrible place to work
Psw (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2018
Country terrace in Komoka is not a good place to work. Management belittles you and treats the employees very poorly. Never enough supplies. Always short staff.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Staff shortage
horrible place to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 May 2018
The bullying between staff to staff and management to staff is unbelievable! Management creates a toxic environment and all time low in morale. Management talks about staff to other staff behind their back and it is nasty!! The things i've heard management say and the names they call them is disgusting!
Pros
residents are amazing and bring a smile to your face everyday.
Cons
Management is horrible and bullies
An true family environment
Nurse's Aide, Supportive Measures Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 November 2016
The dedication of the staff and Management support was incredible...design of the building and a comfort it provides to the residence is unik...I just always felt as if I was home :)...Truly inspiring team and organization.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
can't think of any really