OMEGA MECHANICAL Employee Reviews for Apprentice Plumber

4.6Pay & Benefits
Such a relief to finally work for a great company.
Plumbing Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2018
I came to Omega from a horrible previous employer. Right from the interview everything changed. The office staff went above and beyond recovering apprenticeship hours that my last employer was less then cooperative on reporting for me. On site I wasn't treated like the site grunt because of my first year status, I was given the opportunity to prove what I could do. They have a great tool program to help acquire tools needed for the job where you order through them and pay it back over a few pay cheques. Hockey pools, baseball team, golf excursions are just a few of the fun company things i've been invited for through company emails. Oh, and the uniforms look pretty good, straight black shirts, cool logo., flex fit hat.......that's it nothing corny. If your a hard worker and you want a company that treats its employees great, Omega Mechanical is a where its at.
Great new company who cares
Apprentice Plumber (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
I've never worked for a company that sits down with it's employees prior to a 3 month probation and offers them career reviews. There have been new hires assisted in gaining access to school by the President only days after starting. Each person I know who works here feels valued and like there is a definite open door policy where our opinions matter. I also notice that suppliers seem very happy to accommodate us onsite, more than other places I've worked.

Uniforms are cool, got an awesome fitted cap, 3 shirts including long sleeve, all safety stuff in the first 5 min of starting. Then a couple days later I was provided with a discounted company order of Carhartts which they delivered directly to site. When guys need personal tools, the office orders and delivers direct then it's simply deducted from our pay over a couple periods. Seriously?

I was registered with the ITA the moment I was hired, they even helped me obtain previous hours from difficult employer.

With great modern tools, management who work for the field instead of the other way around and such, I hope to have a long career here.

Note: during my interview I was asked what type of work I wanted to do and where I lived. I was then placed on a project that closely represented those interests and it is the closest project to my home they have.

Can't wait to join their ball team this spring, and btw they through awesome parties #Movember.
Pros
Culture, Appreciation and Understanding
Cons
None to date