OMEGA MECHANICAL Employee Reviews

Productive work place and great people
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 January 2019
At OMEGA Tool, I would do general labor. Picking up heavy materials and delivering them to another place, removing heavy debris, etc. The people there were very easy to get along with as well.
Good place to gain experience in new construction
Second Year Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2018
Huge company, they mainly have jobs in new construcion. If you want to work more in concrete/ woodframe condos, highrise residential or commercial buildings then this is a good place.
Such a relief to finally work for a great company.
Plumbing Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2018
I came to Omega from a horrible previous employer. Right from the interview everything changed. The office staff went above and beyond recovering apprenticeship hours that my last employer was less then cooperative on reporting for me. On site I wasn't treated like the site grunt because of my first year status, I was given the opportunity to prove what I could do. They have a great tool program to help acquire tools needed for the job where you order through them and pay it back over a few pay cheques. Hockey pools, baseball team, golf excursions are just a few of the fun company things i've been invited for through company emails. Oh, and the uniforms look pretty good, straight black shirts, cool logo., flex fit hat.......that's it nothing corny. If your a hard worker and you want a company that treats its employees great, Omega Mechanical is a where its at.
Productive and Fun workplace environment
Journeyman Plumber (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC1 August 2017
I installed DWV 6",4", 3", and 2"
I Learned more about WC carriers, I thoroughly enjoyed working for Omega. This company has lots of knowledge and good Foreman to Learn from. I would say the hardest part of my job is being ahead of the game; taking a print and then piping the system to the print. I like to have an apprentice who I can mold and help to be a better plumber. My favourite is the overall outcome of my work and how everybody else in the company sees it.
Pros
Possible trip giveaways
Cons
Positive environment, supporting management, lots of career opportunity
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 January 2017
Best Mechanical company I have worked with so far in my career. Ample amount of work on the horizon, so lot's of opportunity to advance and grow with your career. Very organized and supportive management. Staff is treated very well, good benefits and competitive wage.
Pros
Wage, benifits, company events, company sports teams etc.
Awesome Mechanical Employer
Foreman (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 January 2017
I have worked for Omega for 11 months and been in the trade for 12 years. I can't say enough good things. The office and management team is by far the best I have been involved with. I have seen a couple reviews stating the opposite and I couldn't disagree more. The operating principles put in place by the president put an emphasis on happy employees delivering a great product to our customers. The idea being that happy employees produce more. This is a novel concept in the trades. I would recommend Omega to anyone from a 1st year apprentice to project supervisor with 40 years of experience. There is something for everyone with room to grow.
Pros
Good Wages, Career Planning and Support, Positive Environment...
Cons
Great new company who cares
Apprentice Plumber (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
I've never worked for a company that sits down with it's employees prior to a 3 month probation and offers them career reviews. There have been new hires assisted in gaining access to school by the President only days after starting. Each person I know who works here feels valued and like there is a definite open door policy where our opinions matter. I also notice that suppliers seem very happy to accommodate us onsite, more than other places I've worked.

Uniforms are cool, got an awesome fitted cap, 3 shirts including long sleeve, all safety stuff in the first 5 min of starting. Then a couple days later I was provided with a discounted company order of Carhartts which they delivered directly to site. When guys need personal tools, the office orders and delivers direct then it's simply deducted from our pay over a couple periods. Seriously?

I was registered with the ITA the moment I was hired, they even helped me obtain previous hours from difficult employer.

With great modern tools, management who work for the field instead of the other way around and such, I hope to have a long career here.

Note: during my interview I was asked what type of work I wanted to do and where I lived. I was then placed on a project that closely represented those interests and it is the closest project to my home they have.

Can't wait to join their ball team this spring, and btw they through awesome parties #Movember.
Pros
Culture, Appreciation and Understanding
Cons
None to date
very serious work place with high stress enviroment
Project Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 October 2016
management is good with deadlines but bad at handling high stress situations and even poorer communication skills when in high stress situations.
Pros
great wages
Cons
everything else
Not all together
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 August 2016
Management lacks experience in medium size Staff numbers. To high of stress for management. Lack of good communication is noticeable. wouldn't recommend working for these people unless you are just as much of a stress junkie as they are.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else