Omcan

Omcan Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Low Stress, Family style workplace
The managers in each department treat their employees with respect and listen to what they have to say. Most discussions take place in an open forum and reach a conclusion easily.

The job work/life balance is great. Once you leave the building, you are not obligated to finish more work. Overachieving is always a bonus, but management does not put any added pressure on the staff.

Also, The worker events happen often and fun like BBQ's and bowling nights. A major plus for morale and team building.

There is currently an office phone policy that prohibits the use of your device unless on your lunch break. Work comes first of course, but what happens if an emergency call comes to my cell? I understand the rule, just seems a little extreme.
Pros
Company Events, Co-Worker Relationships
Cons
Desk Rules
Don't do it
They'll offer you a decent compensation but it isn't worth it at all.
Deception when it comes to total compensation.

They'll hire anyone (revolving door).

Terrible management. No on-boarding program. Turnover over 85%. No cellphone at desk. No eating at desk. No WiFi connection. Terrible work culture. No room for advancement. Overworked. Only 2 weeks vacation from year 1-5. Only 3 weeks vacation from year 5-10. Only 2 sick days per year.
Great place to work - Great work-Life balance
OMCAN respects their values and is always looking for the well being of the employees, great benefits, work life balance, low stress and management hears what you have to say.
Pros
Good Benefits, Working business hours and holidays off, yearly salary review
Cons
Average Salary
Work doesn't feel like "work"
Working at Omcan made me learn more about myself. The tasks I have been assigned to made me grow more as a designer and explore more of what I could possibly do. Omcan made me hone my skills and experiences not only as a graphic designer, but also as an individual in general. Although sometimes I had to stay later to perform and finish tasks and meet deadlines, I always enjoy working at Omcan mainly because of my co-workers and how welcoming everyone is.
Pros
Team building and weekend conferences, positive environment
Cons
Structure wise: Office should be in front and not at the rear end of the building
Great working enviornment that provides great work/life balance
A typical day is not repetitive and you are accountable for your projects. I learned handle multiple task more efficiently. The workplace culture is okay and seems like your colleagues are your second family. Omcan also offered educational assistance program which is good especially for me who wanted my career to grow.
Pros
benefits, incentives, education program, Rrsp, great management
Cons
medium size company not enough room for growth
Self - motivation goes along way
My first couple of weeks,was my hardest part of my job, to adjust to my new Sorroundjng and to learn how to use the scanner.but time goes past and a well assured that i am learning fine.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Omcan?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omcan. Our community is ready to answer.
Omcan Reviews by Location