Olympic Honda Employee Reviews

Not worth your time
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 February 2019
Not worth the stress. High turn over. Owners dont let you talk or laugh. You have to be a zombie and stare at the computer. Dont let you speak your mind. All in all not allowed to do anything except state at a computer and answer phones.
Stay away!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 December 2018
Worst place you could ever work.

in sales and other departments!!

you wont get your pay when promised. and when you do, itll be short.

You'll have to work the worst hours as a sales person, dont expect time or days off.
(also for sales, if you do work here- dont expect to work anywhere else because 1. they won't hire you with Olympics reputation, and 2- Your own rep as a card salesperson will be destroyed.

management will literally make sure you know you are trash, and they are above you.

If you need a manager to sign off on any sales, you'll find them in the back smoking for hours at a time.

on the plus side- they're so desperate for people you could be a complete idiot and they'll hire you.
Pros
lunch on saturdays.
Cons
everything else.
Very unstable
Senior Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelp Ontario17 July 2018
Not impressed with the overall leadership and management is not supportive at all and does not provide a good working environment and makes things very difficult to be productive.
Place is a clown show
AST (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 June 2018
If you feel you want to work for the world's worst run Dealership, then apply here. Hopefully oneday soon Honda Canada pulls this clown act dealer owners license and the get someone else to run the show.
Pros
Cons
Place is a clown show
Good company and good staff
Technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 February 2018
I am working with Olympic Honda for almost 4 years. It is a good dealership to work with. Very good staff and management. They recognise the hard workers and pay well compared to other dealers.
Pros
Excellent and friendly staff.
Cons
long hours during busy time
If you don't mind high turn over and feeling like a number and not a person
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 November 2017
If you like working somewhere where you don't need to really get comfortable and get to know your co-workers this is the place for you. The highest turnover I think I've ever seen a company have that doesn't use temporary employment services!
Management regularly turns their back and won't help you should you be in a sticky situation and need assistance. God forbid you end up needing someone who is speaking with the Owner of the place. They'll tell you (always extremely condescendingly!) to let the person looking for an employee in one of those meetings that it will be 5 minutes, people will be waiting the better part of half an hour and if you ask for an updated ETA you will most likely be berated for it.
Very little rewards for the work that you do, almost no thank you is given any time you do go the extra mile, often you're even criticized for what you have done.
Business often lost due to the poor management that starts from the management and their inability to simply do their jobs and sign papers that need to be signed, but you the employee were the ones who screwed up by not making someone wait over an hour for a simple signature, when other dealers will get your whole transaction completed within half the time.
If you don't need the job, don't take it. Not worth the stress and anxiety of all the pressure that shouldn't be on your shoulders anyways!
Pros
it's a paycheck?
Cons
Money before staff, high turn over, lack of back up from management.
fun workplace
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 January 2017
I've been working at Olympic Honda for over a year now, after leaving a dealership in Toronto. Olympic Honda is a very positive place to work with a great management team and owner. I am proud to be a member of the Olympic Honda team.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Great Place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 September 2016
I enjoyed my time at Olympic Honda. The team I worked with my managers and ownership were great. The owner treated me like family.

I would recommend Olympic Honda to anyone looking for a positive place to work.
Not how a dealership should be run!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 September 2016
During my employment at Olympic Honda, I was shown the complete opposite of how a proper, professional dealership is supposed to be run. I should have taken the hint, when 40-50 employees came and went in the time I was there. I stuck around because I enjoyed selling cars, worked with a great group of guys including our GSM and Sales Manager, and very highly believed in the Honda brand. Once our GSM and SM both left after disputes with how that place is run, I had no choice but to pursue another opportunity. Although I had no personal issues with the owner or the GM, I do not believe that Olympic Honda is run properly, and wouldn't surprise me if it is shut down by Honda. Be weary of working there, and if you do decide to work there, don't get too comfortable..
Pros
great group of guys
Cons
poorly run
Olympic Honda as a Service Adviser
Service/Parts Adviser (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Olympic Honda.

Honda Canada was always there to help whenever I needed them. The Technician's Are very Intelligent hard working group of people. The Guelph Ontario Customers are wonderful people. I enjoyed my everyday talk in regards to their vehicle needs. The sales staff was always ready to help out a new and previous customer. I would Highly recommend buying a new or used vehicle from Olympic Honda.

Service and Parts

The parts staff is always there to help anyone of any age with their vehicle diagnosis. If that customer needed more help they would advise that customer to go to the service department and have a certified technician inspect the vehicle.

The Service Staff

Anyone at the service desk is friendly and willing to help any customer get their vehicle repaired correctly as well as on the customers time schedule.

I Regret Leaving Olympic Honda
Pros
Bonus Based On CSI
Cons
Bonus NOT based on Individual work efforts
It Was My Pleasure
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 June 2016
Had the pleasure working with such a great dynamic team.
One of the industries best people and great place.
I learned a lot of new things.
Great management support with great words of wisdom.
I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity.
The future looks very promising for them.
Sorry, time did not permit to say good bye to everyone.
Thanks once again.

Good bye friends.
Pros
great people
Strong Management and ownership
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 May 2016
Olympic Honda is a great place to work the owner has truly taken his time to show me the proper way of doing business. Olympic Honda is a business built on old values and principals. Olympic Honda and its owner believes in hard work, honesty and ethics.

I am truly a better person after working for Olympic Honda
Stressful and time consuming
Sales Manager/Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 November 2015
Working here is not advisable as the company culture is counter productive with no long term vision. The focus is always on what is best for the company today with little regard for the long term effect on customer retention.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Long hours with no reasonable benefit
poorly managed
FIXED OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 March 2015
- coach and manage parts and service personnel
- no communication from upper management
- all staff micro managed
- staff are embarrassed the way employees are treated
Pros
great employees
Cons
micro managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympic Honda. Our community is ready to answer.

Olympic Honda Reviews by Location