Olympic Dust Control Employee Reviews

Do not work here
A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2019
Oh my God, I have never ever seen a work environment as toxic as this place. I was only there for a bit and I saw more than enough evidence that this place is not a good working environment.

1.One Manager was screaming on top of his lungs in his office while on the phone with somebody and his office door is open so everybody heard it.
2.The same Manager will put you on the spot when u make a mistake (mistakes happen and that is normal, you fix it snd move on) and make you feel like dirt. (I felt bad for the guy he scolded I can tell he works hard but was treated like dirt).
3. The same Msnsger is called "BOSS"? (I guess talk about ego). lol
4. The same Manager expects you to learn everything in one day. (I wonder if he earned all the things he kmows now in one day lol).
5. The other Manager does not want to be bothered in regards to your training. Is not one of the manager's jobs is to train employees? What is this? Self-trained? lol
6. Both Managera are always walking around to spy on you.
7. Both Managers are rude. they say things that are so unprofessional. Like "you do not have common sense".

I was only there for a bit and they think they already owned me (as an employee) how much more if I have been there

I want to give the management and job culture zero star becauee this place is terrible. Everybody is scared of one of the managers. The air at this workplace is very heavy, intense and negative. I have no good words to say about this company. Working is already stressful enough and the last thing you want to deal with is worrying and seeing
  more... toxic people.  less
do not apply here
slave (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 September 2015
What is there to say about a family run business. The management is terrible,the pay is terrible, the fleet of trucks is worse than terrible. Under paid,over worked, always given the run around when it comes to salary raises. The warehouse manager is a snake. Trucks never,ever get repaired properly as the business manager is so concerned about his pockets,he really could care less if you get in to an accident because they failed to replace a tire that was bald and it exploded. I speak from experience. Oh,and that $12-$20 posting is a complete lie. You'll start of at $11 and be lucky to get $15 an hour. The commission that you're supposed to get is a joke. $50 commission for roughly $7000-$10000 of weekly sales on your route. No profit sharing,benefits are available but only if you pay for them. So all in all,don't waste your time and energy working here. You'll hate the work almost as much as you'll hate the management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Terrible place to work!
helper/driver (Former Employee) –  North york18 September 2015
I worked for this place for about three months during the winter aka busy season. Working for these guys I definitely felt used reason being is I started out as a helper and after a few short weeks I started driving. The training is not good because the employees are not there to help each other they pull one another down. The days start off as follows, you're excepted to be at the building at 5:30 6ish to stand in the cold and freeze for a hour sometimes two. The supervisor comes a bit later then he finally opens and unlocks the place then you have to stand up and wait for them to figure out which helper goes with which driver and who drives whichever route. Sometimes the the mats that are suppose to be organized from the night before aren't organized because once you are doing your route and you get to a customer that is exceping a certain color/size mat and its not there, the customer starts to argue with you as a driver you're not responsible for the mats all your expected to do is collect dirty mats and return clean ones and accept payment if need be. So you decide for yourself if you're down for a headache Monday to Friday.... PS I can almost guarantee you that you won't get paid 12-20$ a hr. As I said I started off as a helper and got payed under 12$ understandable but after becoming a driver which consisted of the same work as helper but added on the duties of driving and gassing and maping out my route I was still receiving the same pay. Overall this was a bad work experience
Pros
If you have a petro points card you get points cause thats who they gas with -_-
Cons
Con are in the statement below
bad pay and management
driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto17 September 2015
The management is a joke. Nothing but yes men. The truck maintenance is the worst ever. They are so concerned about money that they never properly fix any major issues with the trucks/vans. Salary is atrocious. Every time you ask for a raise,it's always "when we do your annual evaluation" which never seems to happen. Over worked and grossly underpaid,especially in the winter. Safety is NOT one of this companies priorities. STAY AWAY.
Pros
short summer hours and co-workers
Cons
everything except the short summer hours and co-workers
wouldn't recommend it.
a variety of duties (Current Employee) –  North York18 October 2013
I really would not recommend this company to anyone who cannot work in a fast paced environment. The company is unorganized through out every season. The only time you really feel as if you leave work with things accomplished is when it's summer time, where it is more likely to be slow since customers stop floor mats for the summer seasons. I just really wouldn't recommend it.
Cons
you only get half an hour for lunch and no two 15 minute breaks.
Part time job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downsview20 August 2013
This was a very small company, co-works were great to work with.
I answered the phones on a day to day bases, the calls were the same and consistent with customer complaints or new clients that were potentially interested in the products and service being provided.
Pros
close to home
Cons
small company no room for growth