Olympia Tile Employee Review

View all Olympia Tile reviews

was a fast paced environment where each day was something new
Administrative/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2014
Days were filled with clerical administrative duties, accounts receivable tasks, inventory management and occasionally showing new customers around the showroom. I learned how to manage the retail sales deposits as well as the accounts receivable deposits and the challenges of inventory control. Co workers were pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job would have been the account collections. The most enjoyable part was the variety of tasks the needed to be done on a daily basis.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
remote location

Other Olympia Tile Employee Reviews

good workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
good work place friendly co workers it is a good place to work but unfortunately it far from my place now so i meed to find a new work if only i can stay there for more time
I feel like I wasted a lifetime
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
Like any company, there was a culture at Olympia. I felt like I made a lot of friends, with coworkers and customers. The environment often lacked teamwork, which stemmed from management down. The ebb and flow, sometimes running like a well-oiled machine, other times the demand from customers, on the phone and at the desk, could be pressure packed. Working retail can certainly be tough. It was a place that really didn't promote an individual's strengths and yet there weren't many company policies in place to help direct employees. Seems as though Olympia has been playing catch up for years trying to fit into mainstream retail in Toronto. In many ways they are still an oddity, and not in a good way.
Pros
A financially stable enterprise
Cons
Often a lack of clear direction/conflicting leadership