Olympia Tile Employee Reviews

good workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
good work place friendly co workers it is a good place to work but unfortunately it far from my place now so i meed to find a new work if only i can stay there for more time
Physically demanding but enjoyed it.
Labourer/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Worked with tile and people. Friendly atmosphere operated machinery such as forklift and Trucks. Delivered tile addressed customers needs learned so much about tiling.
Pros
Operated heavy machinery.
Cons
Gruelling heavy lifting
Family
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  1000Lawerence West Ave, North York24 May 2018
I love most of the staff there. They are not fair with the full-time employees there. I am talking about health wise and financial wise. After talking to some workers, I feel like they take advantage of the immigrants there. They make them feel as if they don't have any right to talk to the people upstairs. (Boss)

Overall, I love how they treat each other like family and make my job better. After all, they have been working with each other for decades
Pros
Food!
Cons
Very Dusty
Worst management
Order desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 March 2018
Worked there for three years on the order desk in dartmouth. Manager was very indecisive and changed policies on a whim. Didnt advise you that there were problem. Fired my by giving me a generic letter. Didnt explain the reason being fired. Wouldnt advise anyone to work there.
Pros
Hour lunch
good hours.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
management and staff alike are friendly, but not "happy" people, the lack of enthusiasm and the poor attitude REALLY takes it's toll on newer employees. In the time I was there we went through 75 employees; just in the warehouse.
Pros
lots of extra paid days off throughout the year.
Cons
to many days off in Sept. and Oct. (you only work about 21 days in two months)
fun place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 December 2017
lots of work long hours, good management( Mike)good clean ware-house, team work help full co-worker.
good customer service,fast pace order picking , unloading .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lot of work
Okay job environment
Sample Preparation Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
Its a very tough place because colleagues feel threatened by one another, and always find a reason to report each other over things that are small. Its a very competitive work environment and the pay is not good compared to the amount of work that we do.
productive and busy olympia
Dock person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Clean up the loading docks and help customers load up tiles in there vehicles.Change orders and I checked the invoices to see if the customer had gotten the right item.
Pros
Tips
Cons
busy loading dock
Ugh
Inside Sales Representative in the Showroom (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Don't work here if you want to be valued as a person or employee. I did exactly as I was told, every day, and things were fabricated about me to get me fired within 2 months. I loved my job, and customers looked forward to talking with me because I was the only place in the entire showroom with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree who actually designed and tiled on her own before and had experience in the field Without asking me what was going on I was pretty much kicked out the door mid-day with no warning, other than I was "doing well" a few days prior.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
they fired me based on unconfirmed lies, it's all about who you know here, Not how hard you work, I knew no one so they pushed me out.
Nice place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 March 2017
Fun place to work with helpful co workers busy lots of hour of work they pay good money too only thing is the boss have a bad attitude name mike thomas
always busy and able to work in a comfortable warehouse,hard working team.
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
my day started at 7;00 oclock and i was able to work hard all shift, doing tile orders for customers and loading unloading trucks from other olympia tile trucks filling special orders , basically i was running the shipping and recieving area.
Pros
monday to friday. free weekends, hard work, good team members
Cons
heavy lifting all shift.
Olympia Tile
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  1000 Lawrence Ave8 February 2017
Olympia Tile is an engaging, fast-paced work environment dealing with constant customers. It is important to maintain focus while making it enjoyable.
Comany has a lot of goodthings about it but needs stronger managment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2015
Started work at 8 am finished 5 pm , with an hour lunch.
the last job Data entry processed cheques and applied to customer's account . Addressed any customer service issues regarding their accounts. Days were really busy and non stop , which i enjoyed I like to be busy.
was a fast paced environment where each day was something new
Administrative/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2014
Days were filled with clerical administrative duties, accounts receivable tasks, inventory management and occasionally showing new customers around the showroom. I learned how to manage the retail sales deposits as well as the accounts receivable deposits and the challenges of inventory control. Co workers were pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job would have been the account collections. The most enjoyable part was the variety of tasks the needed to be done on a daily basis.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
remote location
Pruductive workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON3 June 2013
Serving customers,loading and unloading trucks using propane counterbalance.The management was the best,the warehouse manager was very friendly,helpful.I've had lot of fun with the co-workers made some very good friends,until this day i still visit Olympia Tile to meet my former co-workers share our stories.
The hardest days were Monday's and Wednesday's where we had trucks coming in from the main Toronto warehouse or Montreal .Enjoyed working at Olympia Tile ,meeting many people every day.
work with tile for 8hrs a day
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON17 January 2013
Wide range of tile to pick from. pick orders for customers. cary orders to costumers vehicles.
Cons
bad attitudes on warehouse floor with employes
Poorly managed and incredibly underpaid/overworked
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 November 2012
I've had many jobs in my life so far, and this place is by far the worst 'job' I have ever experienced
Pros
incredibly high level of pessimism that its funny
Cons
just about anything you can imagine