Olympia Tile

Olympia Tile Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
The location manager was great to work with and was very supportive and helpful. It was a bit difficult to work with the high turnaround of people in the showroom but the ones that stayed were awesome! It was a reliable and stable job with lots to learn and good people to work with.
Stay away they abuse there workers over worked under paid bosses telling employees to come to work they can watch there sick 5 yr old kid from there phones horrible hope they get investigated by the ministry unsafe work place no training no respect stay away stay far away
Cons
The work is unpredictable, it shifts from rushed and stressful to slow and boring. The upper management is only concerned with the bottom line so equipment is old and poorly maintained, wages are low etc. Local management are incredibly understanding and do their best to make it a good place to work. Most co-workers are friendly and open.
If you work here you WILL regret it.
Bad wages

Dude employees

The Supervisor is not fit to be a supervisor

Unsafe procedures and nobody follows the rules
Management is directed from Toronto, Low pay,very untrusting people
Cons
good work place friendly co workers it is a good place to work but unfortunately it far from my place now so i meed to find a new work if only i can stay there for more time
Like any company, there was a culture at Olympia. I felt like I made a lot of friends, with coworkers and customers. The environment often lacked teamwork, which stemmed from management down. The ebb and flow, sometimes running like a well-oiled machine, other times the demand from customers, on the phone and at the desk, could be pressure packed. Working retail can certainly be tough. It was a place that really didn't promote an individual's strengths and yet there weren't many company policies in place to help direct employees. Seems as though Olympia has been playing catch up for years trying to fit into mainstream retail in Toronto. In many ways they are still an oddity, and not in a good way.
Pros
A financially stable enterprise
Cons
Often a lack of clear direction/conflicting leadership
Worked with tile and people. Friendly atmosphere operated machinery such as forklift and Trucks. Delivered tile addressed customers needs learned so much about tiling.
Pros
Operated heavy machinery.
Cons
Gruelling heavy lifting
I love most of the staff there. They are not fair with the full-time employees there. I am talking about health wise and financial wise. After talking to some workers, I feel like they take advantage of the immigrants there. They make them feel as if they don't have any right to talk to the people upstairs. (Boss)

Overall, I love how they treat each other like family and make my job better. After all, they have been working with each other for decades
Pros
Food!
Cons
Very Dusty
Worked there for three years on the order desk in dartmouth. Manager was very indecisive and changed policies on a whim. Didnt advise you that there were problem. Fired my by giving me a generic letter. Didnt explain the reason being fired. Wouldnt advise anyone to work there.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
management and staff alike are friendly, but not "happy" people, the lack of enthusiasm and the poor attitude REALLY takes it's toll on newer employees. In the time I was there we went through 75 employees; just in the warehouse.
Pros
lots of extra paid days off throughout the year.
Cons
to many days off in Sept. and Oct. (you only work about 21 days in two months)
lots of work long hours, good management( Mike)good clean ware-house, team work help full co-worker.
good customer service,fast pace order picking , unloading .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lot of work
Its a very tough place because colleagues feel threatened by one another, and always find a reason to report each other over things that are small. Its a very competitive work environment and the pay is not good compared to the amount of work that we do.
Clean up the loading docks and help customers load up tiles in there vehicles.Change orders and I checked the invoices to see if the customer had gotten the right item.
Pros
Tips
Cons
busy loading dock
Don't work here if you want to be valued as a person or employee. I did exactly as I was told, every day, and things were fabricated about me to get me fired within 2 months. I loved my job, and customers looked forward to talking with me because I was the only place in the entire showroom with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree who actually designed and tiled on her own before and had experience in the field Without asking me what was going on I was pretty much kicked out the door mid-day with no warning, other than I was "doing well" a few days prior.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
they fired me based on unconfirmed lies, it's all about who you know here, Not how hard you work, I knew no one so they pushed me out.
Fun place to work with helpful co workers busy lots of hour of work they pay good money too only thing is the boss have a bad attitude name mike thomas
my day started at 7;00 oclock and i was able to work hard all shift, doing tile orders for customers and loading unloading trucks from other olympia tile trucks filling special orders , basically i was running the shipping and recieving area.
Pros
monday to friday. free weekends, hard work, good team members
Cons
heavy lifting all shift.
Olympia Tile is an engaging, fast-paced work environment dealing with constant customers. It is important to maintain focus while making it enjoyable.
Started work at 8 am finished 5 pm , with an hour lunch.
the last job Data entry processed cheques and applied to customer's account . Addressed any customer service issues regarding their accounts. Days were really busy and non stop , which i enjoyed I like to be busy.
Days were filled with clerical administrative duties, accounts receivable tasks, inventory management and occasionally showing new customers around the showroom. I learned how to manage the retail sales deposits as well as the accounts receivable deposits and the challenges of inventory control. Co workers were pleasant and helpful. The hardest part of the job would have been the account collections. The most enjoyable part was the variety of tasks the needed to be done on a daily basis.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
remote location
Serving customers,loading and unloading trucks using propane counterbalance.The management was the best,the warehouse manager was very friendly,helpful.I've had lot of fun with the co-workers made some very good friends,until this day i still visit Olympia Tile to meet my former co-workers share our stories.
The hardest days were Monday's and Wednesday's where we had trucks coming in from the main Toronto warehouse or Montreal .Enjoyed working at Olympia Tile ,meeting many people every day.