Olympia Financial Group Inc. Employee Reviews

I wont work here for a million bucks!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
This is a horrible company where you are promoted if you are son and daughter of an existing manager. No sense of direction. High fees, horrible values...bad reputation...JUST google these guys and what they have done!
Olympia Trust Foreign Exchange - Airport of Foreign exchange
Jr Currency Trader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2018
Two managers are extremely self-serving and want to fill their pockets at any cost, and keep the broken cart going!

Customers are charged anywhere from 4%-10%+++

You are asked to make tons of calls, land clients and then OVER CHARGE them until you get caught!

Middle manager sits on the phone and earns free pay checks.

VP takes 4 months off in a year and 10+ smoke breaks

Truly airport of foreign exchange!
Watch out!
PC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
It’s defiantly not what it appears to be. The culture is misleading and guided by a clique group that’s free to bully and mistreat. Wouldn’t recommend to anybody.
Subservient IT Culture
IT Architect (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
Most days are spent fighting fires and meeting metrics for JIRA tickets. Projects are hastily planned without input from IT. Business requirements dictate IT solutions. BA and QA positions are filled by unqualified businesspeople. "Social-club" type culture that alienates and isolates hard workers and shoots down progressive ideas.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Legacy Architecture, Excessive DevOps time
An Olympian's Story
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2017
When I joined the Olympia team, I had put zero effort into my career goals. I started as an Account Officer, where I was afforded the opportunity to work with and build trusted relationships with a group of a exempt market clients. I was also partnered with a Coordinator, who acted as my right-arm by ensuring all documentation and transaction requirements were fulfilled. The opportunity I was given by Olympia to work alongside and act as mentor to both my Coordinator and clients was the booster I needed to focus on my own career goals. Nine years later, I’m one of several supervisors working with the very team I started with. I have the daily privilege of working with a dynamic group of unique individuals, watching them discover their own potential. My original Coordinator is now a Team Lead who’s focus is acting as a resource and support to her Supervisor. Olympia Trust Company’s culture is summed up in our motto, “With Us It’s Personal.” Employees are treated like people and not numbers, our team members rally to support each other and a work / life balance as well as personal development are encouraged. I'm a proud member of the Olympia team and what a ride!
Pros
Compensation, Culture, Management, People, Benefits, Development, Work / Life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympia Financial Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Olympia Financial Group Inc. Reviews by Location