Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
Olive garden was a great place to work and I have obtained many new skills and experiences that I will be able to carry on to my next job. Even though we went through many management staff I was able to do my job well.
Busser
Busser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 February 2018
It was great! I met a lot of great people! And it was an amazing work environment, super fast paced and team members focused a lot on character building.
Fun place to work but no tips given to the back of the house.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 February 2018
No tips given for back of the house but fun to work at. You should be good in multi-tasking as there are times that you will be left alone in the kitchen by yourself.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lack of staff
too corporate
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2018
difficult place to work, never really appreciated, shifts given based on sales but yet new people get worst shifts and so sales are difficult to attain
Always Busy
Hostess/ToGo! Specialist/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2018
Busy, Fast paced. Fun. Great to work with people. Can be stressful but always ended up having a great day. Co workers are the best part of the job, they make everything fun.
nice place to work
line cook (Former Employee) –  Gateway,AB22 December 2017
nice place to work working there was a privilege nice people works there management was good and fair treat everyone the same way
nice culture because there was alot of different culture
Not worth it
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Pros: Probably the best part of working here is the employee discounts.
Cons: Management. Each manager has a different set of rules every other shift, its not only ridiculous but also confusing. Some managers will ridicule you infront of guests.
You'll get written up for no reason. No reason to complain to head office, theyll just tell you they are listening and wont do anything about it.
Would be nice if they cared about their employees just as much as they care about their customers. The familty motto ISSA LIE.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Hours
taking orders
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
i worked as a server taking food orders and drinks order and serving them always a team player fallowed managers orders and concerns always attentive to achieve guest satisfaction
Pros
olwasy make tips
Cons
not enough time for family
Fun job
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
Really good place to work at, the employee and management are very nice and welcoming. If youre a good server you can make really good tips here. Fun job
very friendly place to work at
Dishwasher Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2017
it is a nice place to work at for a person looking for his or her first job,you get to know most of the people there and get along with them pretty fast.
Pros
free soft drinks
Cons
no free food
Over all a good company
Culinary professional (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2017
This company and its employees have been a huge part of my life, but the equal balance between work and home life is not there. My team has been an amazing group of people to work with and experience.
the worst hours
Host (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 July 2017
hosts get cut after 2 hours, the uniform is strict and it is uncomfortable. overall not worth your time to work there. managers are nice, but it is a very busy restaurant so you will be under stress a lot of the time
Fun, but not a great place
Host & Busser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
Managers are not really all that nice most of the time, its a good job at the start because they want you to feel welcomed, but then they start grilling you for little things.
Try hard to keep less shifts a week.
Pros
Half-off entree lunches
Cons
Management is riduculous
No life outside work and horrible management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
Don't recommend working here other then the 50% staff discount. Prepare to work 6-7 days a week with no regards to your personal life or issues in your life. The management is also horrible. Talking behind other staff backs to other staff members talking about things managers should not be talking about. Also had a manager sleeping with an employee. The kitchen is also gross too so if you like roaches work at the OG!!!!!
Pros
1$ soup
Cons
Everything but soup.
Perfect place to start
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 June 2017
The training we received was so focused and fun. Its perfect for teaching you the ins and outs of the serving world and gain good customer service experience.
fun place
server/host/to go specialist olive garden (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
as soon as i started working there it felt like i got another family outside of home loved to go to work every morning people are amazing and co workers are even better
hostess, to go prep , salad prep , server
Server, Hostess, To-go (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2017
hostess: take customers to seats make sure each server has 3 tables going and no more make sure there is always room for customers at bar area
to go prep: take each order and prep it to go when customer arrives
salad prep:make each salad exactly the same
Server: take order and bring back to customer in timely manner
with good customer relation and service
Great staff
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 May 2017
Always lots to do . Always kept busy and it was always something knew as far as how busy it got or the amount of orders we would have in a night . Never felt burnt out or over worked
Pros
Flexible hours
Olive Garden Job review.
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 May 2017
This was my first job as a server here at the Olive Garden, & I must say it was a good experience while it lasted. Although it was very short unfortunately. A typical day would start off with a manager huddle up with all of the servers for that shift. And after that we would just provide service to our guest's need. From my personal experience, every guest''s i've came across were very nice and it made my job as a server so much more fun. And with great support from my work peers, I honestly would say this would be the best job I ever had. I had alot of fun while learning alot. I learned all sorts of type of wines, foods and pretty much learned how to interact with our guest's. I noticed that every guest's i served, i gradually became more out going with them and I established a inside joke with some of them as well. A few would be expecting me to own the OG in a couple of years as a joke and said they'll watch me progress throughout my career here. So from reading all of this, working at the Olive Garden was great. For the hardest part of the job, I must say that it was difficult trying to satisfy the general manager. Even though I only worked here for three weeks, i was sadly let go because I received a complaint from one guest and from a team member on my first dinner shift. (Dinner is hectic at the Olive Garden) And I was always working lunch shifts too before that. I just felt like I was easily disposed of despite me putting alot of effort into my first serving job & felt like I was doing a great job as well for two weeks. But one complaint from a guest & i'm gone just  more... like that. But don't let that discourage you from applying at the OG. It really is a great place to work at , you'll make alot of friends and receive alot of support. I just wished that I have done a better job that one night so that maybe I would still be here working at the Olive Garden.  less
Pros
Great people working at the Olive Garden, good training, and good food as well.
Cons
General Manager's high expectations.
Faced Paced Workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2017
a typical day would be coming in to set up you work station after taking over for someone else who is just finishing and cooking what was needed for customer satisfaction. I've learned culinary skills and food handling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K