Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Canada128 reviews
Always hiring.
Workplace is always hiring. If looking for work, could very easily apply and more than likely be hired as there is a high turn around. Don’t recommend for a long term place of employment.
A great place to work
I had a blast working at Olive Garden. Everyone is amazing from the staff to the employees. You really are one big family. You can ask questions whenever you need and someone will always be happy to help.
productive and fun workplace
takes orders, answers questions about the menu and food, sells the restaurant's food and drinks, takes payment, communicates orders with the kitchen staff, seats customers, and helps with customer service and cleaning.
Awesome team
The team at Olive Garden (from management to kitchen staff) are all awesome, super friendly, and always willing to help each other out. Very fast and stressful environment means that having these teammates in those times is very helpful.
Fast paced and stressful
The people you work with are great but as for trying to make a living .... not so great. I applied because i need full time employment but like other restaurants , if business declines then so does your hours ...
awesome place!
I love my olive garden family. awesome place to work.. I would never leave if I didn't finish school!! Very flexible with the schedule and accommodating to my hard to work with school hours. awesome place !
Run while you still can
Don't even accept an interview at this place if you are looking to work boh. Foh is difficult but you are treated very well and get to keep all of your tips. You do get sent home two hours into your shift on what they deem "slow days"
Back of house is treated like animals, no fair wage compensation and you will never advance no matter how much experience you bring to the table.
Everything is perfect
I love working in Olive Garden and their staff is so friendly and most important I like management and learn how to discipline, time management and partnership .
Management is up your butt
Must be a great Sales person! Sales are posted on the wall. Must compete with all of the servers. Get written up for small things. Must be prefect to keep this job.
Good first serving job
Training is amazing, they don’t send you out like wolves they take time with you because it is a very high paced stressful job. I went in with no serving experience and struggled a bit but had people that really believed in me and then I really excelled at my job. Work can be stressful, you love it you have it. Stable if you work a lot if you pay a ton of bills part time is okay if you aren’t paying for much.
Enjoyable
Always customers coming in and out of the restaurant so you're never not working hard. lots of people working there, friendly staff and much better management now.
Stressful but professional workplace
I worked at Olive Garden as a server and To Go Specialist from 9AM to 3PM mostly every day, sometimes at night from 4PM to 12PM. I was trusted with the till and honoured 2 times with hard working attitude and honesty.
Pros
Discounted meals, fun and friendly co-workers.
Cons
Not very good management and leadership
Stay Away!
Arrive for your shift only to be sent home & WILL NOT PAY THE MIN. 3 HRS! DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS. Most coworkers are nice but then you have the ones that think they're your boss and push you around. Too micro-managed causing unnecessary stress.
Pros
Some nice coworkers.
Cons
No minimum 3 hour wage.
No respect from coworkers or managers
Too much favor among managers and no words of encouragement and no appreciation from managers no please or thank you or great job. You are judge unfairly and you have no voice to defend yourself they are always right. If they dont like you you dont have a chance, it was a great place to work but no longer the management team just have no respect for their employees.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Long day
Not family
Non management employees were amazing! Over my 15 yrs I made many friends. When I first started the company seemed to care about employees. With a switch in upper management and area director everything changed. They only care about money now and the culture is horrible. They scare you into obeying instead of earning your respect. Everyone is just a number and the human quality is lost. They damaged people and thier financial situations.... I would not recommend working here as they will take advantage of you. If they can't they will get rid of you. They hire inexperienced people who they can manipulate. I left because I couldn't stand to watch how they treated people.
Average
Management weren’t great, no communication between the 4 managers and some of them spoke terribly to staff. Great co workers for the most part. Short shifts depending on business. Too many split shifts and not enough money to show for it
Good place to work at
Good place to work at if it’s your first job, everyone I worked with was super nice, fast-paced sometimes but overall fun. Flexible hours and availability.
Toxic Work Environment, Decent Money
If you're looking for a job to focus down on and make some decent money, it's a good serving job. However, since they often schedule split shifts and work you 6 days a week, and management disregards any commitments outside of work (including availabilities), the work life balance can be hard to maintain. Management will keep you much later than scheduled at their leisure. Sales goals are set by management daily, and aggressively enforced, regardess if they're attainable. Most people leave due to getting fired, or quit because of management. Previous GM was known for throwing plates at people and pitting staff against each other.
summary
I have worked for Olive Garden for 4-5 years. I have seen managers and general managers come and go. Everything is wrong with that place. The managment doesn't communicate with one another.
When your here your family
In my years with this company it was quite challenging to understand why this conversation couldn't hold onto a management team, I saw a lot of managers come and that can raise havock with a team that has been loyal employee's
Fast - moving place
This is for the person who can move quick on his/her feet. If you can stand on you feet for extended periods of time ,have a great personality and and keep things in order you can make some good money.