Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

The only thing I truly miss about working here is the coworkers, the management was subpar at best. I was constantly undermined and put down while doing my job. I did learn how to stand my ground eventually near the end of my employment when I confronted the GM about an incident between the manager and myself and the backlash was brutal. I got written up 3 times within a week for non important issues, (issues that every other employee did but I was disciplined for) Overall if you're looking for a decent job that pays better than your average restaurant then apply here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Expensive food, shorter than expected hours, management
Never get your 3 hour bylaw .if you get sent home early . favoritism if you were not a cp or CT .just a bad experience personally they have caused me alot of grief and worry about endsmeet
Cons
Serving at Olive Garden is very unique compared to other restaurants because of the unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks. You are heavily pushed to make upsales, and management tracks how many add-ons you make in a shift. What makes Olive Garden a job worth working is the teamwork. Every server goes out of their way to help each other, even on extremely busy days. Once you proved to management that you were good at the job, you would be rewarded with more hours. It can be a little difficult to request days off, and management may intimidate you to work more hours than you can handle, but if you want to make money and work well under stress, then Olive Garden is the job for you.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Stressful
Managers will make you feel awful. They will say everything is your fault and will never help solve any problems. Don't bother putting in an availability because they won't honour it. They pretty much schedule you whenever they want and then they will get mad at you because you can't come into your shift. Definitely not a family there, maybe one where everyone hates eachother lol.
Pros
Cons
management, scheduling
Managers aren't very helpful. They mostly tell or yell at you and tell you how bad you're doing. They threaten to send you home. They constantly play favourites. Even if you start and they send you home early they still won't pay you for 3 hoursThe co-workers are fun to work with but that doesn''t make it a good place to work.
They lie, they cheat, they threaten to not pay you for time already worked. They have no break room so for your breaks you have to stand around ware everyone is working because you certainly can’t go to the front.
Pros
Cons
Uncertainty that you’ll actually get payed
Good place to work, would recommend if need good pay for easy work. Food is also good you get some type of employee discount and it’s not terrible but all and all not bad place to work
Pros
Good pay and lots of nice people
Cons
Can be stressful
My location had understanding and well-trained management which reflected well on employees. Lots of fast-paced but rewarding work. Coworkers are a huge highlight. Many days varied as customer flow throughout the day fluctuates but having a great team made it rewarding and highlighted collaboration. Communication is a huge key to this work.
Pros
Extensive Training, Collaborative Team, Ability to Voice Issues, Fun Enviroment
Cons
Some Management Issues, Some Days are more difficult, Hours Vary
The management is awful. At least 3 managers got fired for “relations” with staff within my few months there. Staff are all rude to one another, teamwork is barely existent. A friend got fired for having to quarantine herself during COVID, they called it “unacceptable”. The managers don’t care about their staff in the slightest, I was forced to work with the flu. Terrible work environment. Do not work here!
Pros
Entry-level serving, tips
Cons
Zero respect, treated awfully
Quick Turn Around. Many of the staff complain about the management team. The management team has favourites. Management team also talks about team members behind their back.
Pros
$1 soup & salad - Team Members are great
Cons
Ignore Availability - Management Team - Not enough Hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Olive Garden?
I had a blast working at Olive Garden. Everyone is amazing from the staff to the employees. You really are one big family. You can ask questions whenever you need and someone will always be happy to help.
Workplace is always hiring. If looking for work, could very easily apply and more than likely be hired as there is a high turn around. Don’t recommend for a long term place of employment.
takes orders, answers questions about the menu and food, sells the restaurant's food and drinks, takes payment, communicates orders with the kitchen staff, seats customers, and helps with customer service and cleaning.
The team at Olive Garden (from management to kitchen staff) are all awesome, super friendly, and always willing to help each other out. Very fast and stressful environment means that having these teammates in those times is very helpful.
The people you work with are great but as for trying to make a living .... not so great. I applied because i need full time employment but like other restaurants , if business declines then so does your hours ...
I love my olive garden family. awesome place to work.. I would never leave if I didn't finish school!! Very flexible with the schedule and accommodating to my hard to work with school hours. awesome place !
Don't even accept an interview at this place if you are looking to work boh. Foh is difficult but you are treated very well and get to keep all of your tips. You do get sent home two hours into your shift on what they deem "slow days" Back of house is treated like animals, no fair wage compensation and you will never advance no matter how much experience you bring to the table.
I love working in Olive Garden and their staff is so friendly and most important I like management and learn how to discipline, time management and partnership .
Must be a great Sales person! Sales are posted on the wall. Must compete with all of the servers. Get written up for small things. Must be prefect to keep this job.
Training is amazing, they don’t send you out like wolves they take time with you because it is a very high paced stressful job. I went in with no serving experience and struggled a bit but had people that really believed in me and then I really excelled at my job. Work can be stressful, you love it you have it. Stable if you work a lot if you pay a ton of bills part time is okay if you aren’t paying for much.
Always customers coming in and out of the restaurant so you're never not working hard. lots of people working there, friendly staff and much better management now.
  1. Employee reviews