Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Pros: Probably the best part of working here is the employee discounts.
Cons: Management. Each manager has a different set of rules every other shift, its not only ridiculous but also confusing. Some managers will ridicule you infront of guests.
You'll get written up for no reason. No reason to complain to head office, theyll just tell you they are listening and wont do anything about it.
Would be nice if they cared about their employees just as much as they care about their customers. The familty motto ISSA LIE.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Hours
taking orders
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
i worked as a server taking food orders and drinks order and serving them always a team player fallowed managers orders and concerns always attentive to achieve guest satisfaction
Pros
olwasy make tips
Cons
not enough time for family
Over all a good company
Culinary professional (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2017
This company and its employees have been a huge part of my life, but the equal balance between work and home life is not there. My team has been an amazing group of people to work with and experience.
the worst hours
Host (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 July 2017
hosts get cut after 2 hours, the uniform is strict and it is uncomfortable. overall not worth your time to work there. managers are nice, but it is a very busy restaurant so you will be under stress a lot of the time
Fun, but not a great place
Host & Busser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
Managers are not really all that nice most of the time, its a good job at the start because they want you to feel welcomed, but then they start grilling you for little things.
Try hard to keep less shifts a week.
Pros
Half-off entree lunches
Cons
Management is riduculous
No life outside work and horrible management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
Don't recommend working here other then the 50% staff discount. Prepare to work 6-7 days a week with no regards to your personal life or issues in your life. The management is also horrible. Talking behind other staff backs to other staff members talking about things managers should not be talking about. Also had a manager sleeping with an employee. The kitchen is also gross too so if you like roaches work at the OG!!!!!
Pros
1$ soup
Cons
Everything but soup.
fun place
server/host/to go specialist olive garden (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
as soon as i started working there it felt like i got another family outside of home loved to go to work every morning people are amazing and co workers are even better
hostess, to go prep , salad prep , server
Server, Hostess, To-go (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2017
hostess: take customers to seats make sure each server has 3 tables going and no more make sure there is always room for customers at bar area
to go prep: take each order and prep it to go when customer arrives
salad prep:make each salad exactly the same
Server: take order and bring back to customer in timely manner
with good customer relation and service
Great staff
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 May 2017
Always lots to do . Always kept busy and it was always something knew as far as how busy it got or the amount of orders we would have in a night . Never felt burnt out or over worked
Pros
Flexible hours
Olive Garden Job review.
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 May 2017
This was my first job as a server here at the Olive Garden, & I must say it was a good experience while it lasted. Although it was very short unfortunately. A typical day would start off with a manager huddle up with all of the servers for that shift. And after that we would just provide service to our guest's need. From my personal experience, every guest''s i've came across were very nice and it made my job as a server so much more fun. And with great support from my work peers, I honestly would say this would be the best job I ever had. I had alot of fun while learning alot. I learned all sorts of type of wines, foods and pretty much learned how to interact with our guest's. I noticed that every guest's i served, i gradually became more out going with them and I established a inside joke with some of them as well. A few would be expecting me to own the OG in a couple of years as a joke and said they'll watch me progress throughout my career here. So from reading all of this, working at the Olive Garden was great. For the hardest part of the job, I must say that it was difficult trying to satisfy the general manager. Even though I only worked here for three weeks, i was sadly let go because I received a complaint from one guest and from a team member on my first dinner shift. (Dinner is hectic at the Olive Garden) And I was always working lunch shifts too before that. I just felt like I was easily disposed of despite me putting alot of effort into my first serving job & felt like I was doing a great job as well for two weeks. But one complaint from a guest & i'm gone just  more... like that. But don't let that discourage you from applying at the OG. It really is a great place to work at , you'll make alot of friends and receive alot of support. I just wished that I have done a better job that one night so that maybe I would still be here working at the Olive Garden.  less
Pros
Great people working at the Olive Garden, good training, and good food as well.
Cons
General Manager's high expectations.
Faced Paced Workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2017
a typical day would be coming in to set up you work station after taking over for someone else who is just finishing and cooking what was needed for customer satisfaction. I've learned culinary skills and food handling.
Productive and Positive
Host Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2017
The time I have spent working at Olive Garden I've found that the community is such a welcoming place. The team really help you grow and build new skills. The people are wonderful and the management really make their workers feel as if they are a part of something bigger. Even though Olive Garden had its busy days you could count on your team being there for you.
Pros
Positive team mates and safe work place
Productive, fun working enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2017
Serving at Olive Garden was a fun and exciting place to work. there was always something to do, weather it being running food, or helping the kitchen.
Fast paced,fabulous staff,good food
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2017
A very different serving experience,fast paced .enjoyable to work with the staff . Tips are great up selling is the goal and wine is the seller of choice.
Staff are great to work with
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2017
Very fast paced,and the guests are great,a very different way of serving ,compared to other restaurants,Benifits to those who work 25 hours a week minimum.
hard work is noticed
Dishwasher/ Linecook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
enjoy working good people and fast paced good environment
good pay and free food very well ran Establishment and very good location very good food aswell
Olivegarden Italian Restaurant
Management (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 February 2017
I started at the olivegarden in January 25, 2005. I started working in back of the house , fully trained in all stations within three months. I moved in the front of the house within seven years. I was offered management shortly after. I continued my career here because there was room of advancement.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work
Cons
50-60 hours per week
Okay place
TO GO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
The management team isn't the greatest. One manager said another thing, another said another thing. At first I enjoyed it, but employees would take advantage and the management team didn't care nor attempt to do anything about it.
Pros
$1.05 soup
Cons
Long hours, barely days off
Good environment
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2017
This was a great place to work to have a later start time and get my kids to school. The staff was great and friendly. The regular customers always brightened my day. Every shift was different so the job kept you on your toes!
Its a good place and busy
Hostess, Server, To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
Very busy place and fun place to work. People are amazing and you fall in love with them. I learned a lot people skills and more friendly and open. Helped me to not be so shy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

Olive Garden Reviews by Location