Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 85 reviews matching the search See all 8,008 reviews
very busy and fast-paced environment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2018
It's a very busy place especially on dinner and weekend. Excellent tips and very friendly co-works and CEO. I like working there despite the fact that i don't get enough hours.
Pros
Excellent tips and the atmosphere is fantastic.
Cons
lack of management, no hours.
Productivity
Production cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2018
Overall, it is really productive job. you get to learn a lot of things if you show your best.
A person can learn a variety of things like serving,bar tending, cooking.
One thing i did not liked was lack of appreciation.
Pros
2 dollar standard salad as a meal.
Cons
Great place to work but, does need some tweaks in certain areas.
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2018
The only thing that would need tweaking is management and the reliability of co-workers to show up for shifts and complete their shifts. All in all, olive garden is not an overly bad place to work, but would be better with these tweaks.
Pros
$1.05 for unlimited soup and bread sticks
Cons
Always busy workplace with a lot of returning customers
Service professional (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2018
Extremely busy work environment with lots of opportunities to grow and develop new skills. Friendly and helpful staff. Lots of loyal and returning customers which helps built long term business. As a service professional I have learned new tools how to improve overall operations of the restaurant. The hardest part to overcome being food waste, employee turnover and motivation. However, the workplace culture is definitely there it just needs to be improved by management involvement.
Pros
Cross training opportunities
Cons
Lack of employee recognition
Faced paced work environment with friendly coworkers
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2018
Very busy and fast-paced environment.
Excellent tips, especially in the summer time.
Coworkers and Managers are friendly and caring.
Nice benefits and flexible schedule.
Great staff, great benefits,long hours, Cliquey middle management (D.O, G.M's and Managers)
Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2018
In my experience with the Olive Garden, The parent Company has a well laid out system for success. If followed to a T the system is almost flawless. However, I encountered many times an attitude of "this is not how we do things in Canada". This is sad as there are over 600 restaurants in the US but only 6 here in Canada.The restaurant I was posted at had 12 different managers who either quit or were fired in a 2 year period. I quit as I was overworked (up to 70 hrs per week) and I was part of a 2 manager team which was supposed to have 5 managers in total.
Pros
Weekly pay, free meals and good benefits
Cons
60-70 hour work weeks
Good atmosphere
HOST, COOK, TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2018
" when youre here youre family" our saying is very accurate when employed here. All employees are friends, most get along very well. The managers are very sarcastic and love to joke around. Cross training is a big yes here! You could go from host to server, dishwasher to line cook etc. The hours are typical restaurant hours, one day you work 3 hours, the next 1.5, the next 8, it all depends on how busy it is and how many people are working that day. Overall a great place to work especially while your in school as the managers are usually pretty flexible.
Great opportunity for upward mobility and skills
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 September 2018
Great managers and run business. Tight knit team of bartenders that got along great while working effectively, efficiently and professionally. Training opportunities are well done.
ok
Hostess/ Takeout specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2018
Good place, good people, good food. the people were friendly and nice. the managers sucked and were very entitled and did not care about their workers
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2018
I just like the food here, it was too long ago for me to really rate how it was to work here. but I can remember working here was enjoyable and I made lots of friends. I also enjoyed working with the public.
Great company to work for if you are an individual with ambition.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 June 2018
It was a great company to work for during my 17 years there. The reason I quitted was because of myself and my new immediate supervisor did not have the same vision on how the restaurant should run.
way too many refills
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
As a server, most of your time was spent getting refills. half the clientele were horrible, and because of all the refills, you had very small sections, which meant hardly any tips made on a nightly basis
Professional and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2018
Very professional and fun workplace with lots of friendly people. There is lots of opportunities to succeed here. People are always willing to give a helping hand.
Best Job Ever
Line Cook/Utility (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2018
When i was working there I was working as a line cook and when they needed someone for the dish pit I went and helped out and was fast at it and my employers really liked me and eventually one guy that's been there since the place open, he took me under his wing and taught me some good skills.
Super busy and stressful and little room to advance
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 May 2018
Worked there for three years, pay was decent but management definitely needed some work. Hosts get cut after 2 hours or less if you have worked there for less than 6 months.
Work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
Olive garden was a great place to work and I have obtained many new skills and experiences that I will be able to carry on to my next job. Even though we went through many management staff I was able to do my job well.
Terrible job, but kept food in my stomach
Busser (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton, AB25 March 2018
Dreadful, the management was terrible. All I ever did was get micromanaged all over the floor, it was just terrible. I tried bringing my issues to management, was told it was my fault 90% of the time and it made life hard.
Busser
Busser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 February 2018
It was great! I met a lot of great people! And it was an amazing work environment, super fast paced and team members focused a lot on character building.
Fun place to work but no tips given to the back of the house.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 February 2018
No tips given for back of the house but fun to work at. You should be good in multi-tasking as there are times that you will be left alone in the kitchen by yourself.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lack of staff
too corporate
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2018
difficult place to work, never really appreciated, shifts given based on sales but yet new people get worst shifts and so sales are difficult to attain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K