Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for upward mobility and skills
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 September 2018
Great managers and run business. Tight knit team of bartenders that got along great while working effectively, efficiently and professionally. Training opportunities are well done.
ok
Hostess/ Takeout specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2018
Good place, good people, good food. the people were friendly and nice. the managers sucked and were very entitled and did not care about their workers
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2018
I just like the food here, it was too long ago for me to really rate how it was to work here. but I can remember working here was enjoyable and I made lots of friends. I also enjoyed working with the public.
Great company to work for if you are an individual with ambition.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 June 2018
It was a great company to work for during my 17 years there. The reason I quitted was because of myself and my new immediate supervisor did not have the same vision on how the restaurant should run.
way too many refills
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
As a server, most of your time was spent getting refills. half the clientele were horrible, and because of all the refills, you had very small sections, which meant hardly any tips made on a nightly basis
Professional and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2018
Very professional and fun workplace with lots of friendly people. There is lots of opportunities to succeed here. People are always willing to give a helping hand.
Best Job Ever
Line Cook/Utility (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2018
When i was working there I was working as a line cook and when they needed someone for the dish pit I went and helped out and was fast at it and my employers really liked me and eventually one guy that's been there since the place open, he took me under his wing and taught me some good skills.
Super busy and stressful and little room to advance
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 May 2018
Worked there for three years, pay was decent but management definitely needed some work. Hosts get cut after 2 hours or less if you have worked there for less than 6 months.
Work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
Olive garden was a great place to work and I have obtained many new skills and experiences that I will be able to carry on to my next job. Even though we went through many management staff I was able to do my job well.
Terrible job, but kept food in my stomach
Busser (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton, AB25 March 2018
Dreadful, the management was terrible. All I ever did was get micromanaged all over the floor, it was just terrible. I tried bringing my issues to management, was told it was my fault 90% of the time and it made life hard.

Want to know more about Olive Garden?

Ask a question
Busser
Busser (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 February 2018
It was great! I met a lot of great people! And it was an amazing work environment, super fast paced and team members focused a lot on character building.
Fun place to work but no tips given to the back of the house.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 February 2018
No tips given for back of the house but fun to work at. You should be good in multi-tasking as there are times that you will be left alone in the kitchen by yourself.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lack of staff
too corporate
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2018
difficult place to work, never really appreciated, shifts given based on sales but yet new people get worst shifts and so sales are difficult to attain
Always Busy
Hostess/ToGo! Specialist/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2018
Busy, Fast paced. Fun. Great to work with people. Can be stressful but always ended up having a great day. Co workers are the best part of the job, they make everything fun.
nice place to work
line cook (Former Employee) –  Gateway,AB22 December 2017
nice place to work working there was a privilege nice people works there management was good and fair treat everyone the same way
nice culture because there was alot of different culture
Not worth it
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Pros: Probably the best part of working here is the employee discounts.
Cons: Management. Each manager has a different set of rules every other shift, its not only ridiculous but also confusing. Some managers will ridicule you infront of guests.
You'll get written up for no reason. No reason to complain to head office, theyll just tell you they are listening and wont do anything about it.
Would be nice if they cared about their employees just as much as they care about their customers. The familty motto ISSA LIE.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Hours
taking orders
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
i worked as a server taking food orders and drinks order and serving them always a team player fallowed managers orders and concerns always attentive to achieve guest satisfaction
Pros
olwasy make tips
Cons
not enough time for family
Fun job
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
Really good place to work at, the employee and management are very nice and welcoming. If youre a good server you can make really good tips here. Fun job
very friendly place to work at
Dishwasher Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2017
it is a nice place to work at for a person looking for his or her first job,you get to know most of the people there and get along with them pretty fast.
Pros
free soft drinks
Cons
no free food
Over all a good company
Culinary professional (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2017
This company and its employees have been a huge part of my life, but the equal balance between work and home life is not there. My team has been an amazing group of people to work with and experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K