OLG Employee Review

Fun place to work
Cage ad Coin Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbine Casino23 October 2013
Good
Lots to do
people are great
patrons are the best
Learned to count money
the hardest part of the job is balancing at the end of your shift

Other OLG Employee Reviews

Modernization shouldn't be this way!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flamboro Downs, ON15 April 2018
Unbelievable how a company can treat their employees with no respect. It's transition time at OLG Flamboro downs and our managers are slashing staff customer service hours to justify they are worthy of keeping their "high paying hide in your office jobs". All departments are feeling the negative effects of being pushed to their limits dealing with angry customers waiting in long lines at the cashier and winner's circle counters. Now with reduced money on hand we are faced with ABM and CTR machines frequently running out of money. We had a great place with top notch customer service here but greed took over that. Part time staff who depend on OLG for a pay cheque to pay bills, housing and every day needs are faced with the reality 6 hour shifts down from 8's to fill in the gaps and with potential of losing their much needed benefits. Great Canadian Gaming hasn't taken over yet although the cage manager decided to jump ahead and change staff schedules prior to the new service provider making their own choices. Staff who challenged these changes were told "that's the way it is" or you can quit. Working for OLG for many years and this is how we are treated?
Do our managers know how to do the jobs we do on daily basis in the event we need them to help? Probably not!!! Good luck to our new service provider taking over this mess!!!
Pros
Great co-workers make great work days
Cons
Management has no integrity......all we want is the truth!!!
Poor Management
Site Shift Manager, Slot Operations (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 April 2018
They are more focused on training staff on mandatory issued training such as WHMIS and AODA but do not train managers on Human Rights or Labor Law (changes)

Management have too many friends in the casino's and not enough leaders
Pros
something different
Cons
poor management/long hours
Official response from OLG
9 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9