OLG Employee Review

Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie12 March 2013
A typical day at work for me involves lots of computer work and phone calls, while I manage the organizational components of the internal audit department.
Co-workers are lovely, dedicated employees.
The hardest part of the job is working for auditors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I get from accomplishing a particularly tricky piece of work.
Pros
compressed work week
Cons
auditors are demanding

Other OLG Employee Reviews

Toxic workplace Privatization has killed employment at OLG it should never been called modernization
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 April 2018
I provided support for OLG for almost two decades and the last three years have been tough very stressful. I only hear about layoffs everyone is back stabbing and the environment is toxic I would run if I could.

Gaming staff have 12 months with the new service provider before layoffs start. The Gateway will only hiring part time position so no benefits I feel for the staff. OLG spent millions upgrading gaming sites, equipment and infrastructure.
Now thanks to the board there giving away the Ontario tax payers assets to the BC government and the operators who will layoff Ontario workers to hired part time.

GTA sites have a better Service provider GCGC Woodbine, Pickering and GTA west will see most of the success and with $ environment should be ok. Other new providers are just laying off staff so be cautious.

A lot of favoritism with management all IT support is outsourced from India nothing is being documented or shared and no cross training happening.

If you like working without being paid or given lieu for projects then come aboard. I been asked to travel for work on your personal time Sundays and evenings which goes against MOL ESA.

You spent your own money on car rentals, hotels, and food etc with limited reimbursement $40 a day. Low km rate that keeps going lower as you travel more. I was getting 18cent a KM spending my own money to support a billion dollar company.

They never Modernized the expensive process it's still in the stone age and costs you hundreds a year to support.

Your expenses:
-Inner office mailed to administration assist
  more...
-Then sits waiting for your manager to signed
-Then it's mailed to Sault ste marie payroll
-Then it can be processed which can take months at your costs

Sign, scan, and email people!

I've been owed thousands in expenses while supporting sites across the province and if one of those people go on vacation your waiting longer to be reimbursed.
Pros
People
Cons
Privatization
Official response from OLG
24 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We read each of our reviews and take them seriously.

If you have not done so already, we encourage you to share your concerns with your Human Resources representative. Be assured, we will pass on your comments to the appropriate management team. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at careers@olg.ca.

Modernization shouldn't be this way!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flamboro Downs, ON15 April 2018
Unbelievable how a company can treat their employees with no respect. It's transition time at OLG Flamboro downs and our managers are slashing staff customer service hours to justify they are worthy of keeping their "high paying hide in your office jobs". All departments are feeling the negative effects of being pushed to their limits dealing with angry customers waiting in long lines at the cashier and winner's circle counters. Now with reduced money on hand we are faced with ABM and CTR machines frequently running out of money. We had a great place with top notch customer service here but greed took over that. Part time staff who depend on OLG for a pay cheque to pay bills, housing and every day needs are faced with the reality 6 hour shifts down from 8's to fill in the gaps and with potential of losing their much needed benefits. Great Canadian Gaming hasn't taken over yet although the cage manager decided to jump ahead and change staff schedules prior to the new service provider making their own choices. Staff who challenged these changes were told "that's the way it is" or you can quit. Working for OLG for many years and this is how we are treated?
Do our managers know how to do the jobs we do on daily basis in the event we need them to help? Probably not!!! Good luck to our new service provider taking over this mess!!!
Pros
Great co-workers make great work days
Cons
Management has no integrity......all we want is the truth!!!
Official response from OLG
24 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9