OLG Employee Review

Environment looks great (woodbine Location)
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbine22 March 2014
The day was hired as part time.( Slot Technician) I went to pick up my Gaming License which I paid out my pocket($165 Dollars). The person in charge to handle the Gaming License told me. It is good for 5 years. I hope you last that long. That was 1st bad impression.
The same day at night time I saw on the news that they laid off the full timer. 2nd bad impression.
On the contract they never told me when it will be the starting date.I waited 3 weeks from the Management for a start date. I want to let know my old workplace 2 weeks in advance as indicated by law I was going to quit. I never say anything on my old workplaced and when OLG told me to start on Monday of the week. I was still employed so I call them and explain the situation to them. That I had a conflict of schedules If they can switch me after my work hours to work for them .They left me wating on the phone for 15 minutes because they said they were going to talk to somebody. I hang up and the next day I had call from HR explaning that my availability changed which I only had 2 options submit to the schedule from them or resigned. I told her I am going to refuse your offer of empoyment and then she said since you never work a day for us we are not going to refund you the $ 165 Dollars and to make things easy on my end .Could write me a letter saying that you are resigning.

How I am supposed to resigned If I never work a day.? As a gesture of good heart for the HR person at the moment in time after 48 Hrs I send her an e-mail stating I was refusing their job offer. at the end I lost $ 165 Dollars for this
  more... little adventure to be employed for the OLG.  less
Pros
Clean place
Cons
Bad Management

Other OLG Employee Reviews

Modernization shouldn't be this way!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flamboro Downs, ON15 April 2018
Unbelievable how a company can treat their employees with no respect. It's transition time at OLG Flamboro downs and our managers are slashing staff customer service hours to justify they are worthy of keeping their "high paying hide in your office jobs". All departments are feeling the negative effects of being pushed to their limits dealing with angry customers waiting in long lines at the cashier and winner's circle counters. Now with reduced money on hand we are faced with ABM and CTR machines frequently running out of money. We had a great place with top notch customer service here but greed took over that. Part time staff who depend on OLG for a pay cheque to pay bills, housing and every day needs are faced with the reality 6 hour shifts down from 8's to fill in the gaps and with potential of losing their much needed benefits. Great Canadian Gaming hasn't taken over yet although the cage manager decided to jump ahead and change staff schedules prior to the new service provider making their own choices. Staff who challenged these changes were told "that's the way it is" or you can quit. Working for OLG for many years and this is how we are treated?
Do our managers know how to do the jobs we do on daily basis in the event we need them to help? Probably not!!! Good luck to our new service provider taking over this mess!!!
Pros
Great co-workers make great work days
Cons
Management has no integrity......all we want is the truth!!!
Poor Management
Site Shift Manager, Slot Operations (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 April 2018
They are more focused on training staff on mandatory issued training such as WHMIS and AODA but do not train managers on Human Rights or Labor Law (changes)

Management have too many friends in the casino's and not enough leaders
Pros
something different
Cons
poor management/long hours
Official response from OLG
9 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9