OLG Employee Reviews

Canada186 reviews
Competitive and fast paced working environment
The hardest part is definitely the hours, it is shift work and you can only put up with it for so long. The customers, like anywhere else, are unpredictable and you never know who is going to walk through those doors.
Supportive team and management
Supportive team and management
excellent working conditions

work life balance

work from home ability

learning opportunities provided

technical and business support
Highly restricted work place. Need to follow every policies and procedure closely.
It is very tight security environment that need to follow departmental policies and procedure during day to day job performance. In fact, i like those kinds of environment to work inside very restricted area.
Excellent
Excellent environment to build and grow. Fun and exciting atmosphere. Collaborative effort by employees to create a wonderful experience for all guests.
Management are bullies
fun place to work. Like working with the peers. Management are bullies. They don't want to learn the work. They have workers doing their Jobs. All they do is walk around with coffee in their hands.
It is good to work on OLG. There are many projects to do. Working fast pace to meet deadline, good work place to focus on developing. There is no over time.
6 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would like to thank you for your contributions to OLG and appreciate the feedback!
extreemly productive work environment. very fast past
I don't think its fun. The environment is very active. We often times deliver a lots of entertainment few times on weekly base. learn new things everyday. management are not the greatest.

Olg does bus tour all through the day and give players free play all out the day and bus ride to and from customer cars.
Toxic environment, Micromanaged, poor employee engagement
Unless you know the right people, this company is a TOXIC environment to work in. Unless you conform, and allow management to bully you, you will be targeted, and treated unfairly, and poorly to the point of human rights violations.
- No accommodations when medically required

- Good Income, benefits, pension.

-Horrible dealing with LTD provider for benefits when in need. No support from HR.
6 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We read each of our reviews and take them seriously.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OLG?
Loved the work, always busy.
Loved most of the people, some were eager to throw you under the bus without all the facts.
I’d work their again!

Someone claimed I wanted a union (no, that I’m positive didn’t come from me!-I think unions have their places...just not with me. So that was the end of my Fun, Crazy, Run
6 February 2020
Productive and warm work place with excellent people
I enjoyed working at OLG, I met a lot of very find and warm people who helped me lots. As a mature immigrant it was kind of hard for me to fit into the team, but they were always up to support me.
Nothing to Say
Survival placement . Too much favoritism. If you not a political you can not survive . Your talent and hardworking attitude overwritten. No value to your opinion. Worst management attitude , too much dependable to people . No processes approached .diversity is really a hidden bitter Surprise in culture ! Most work done by second class of worker and rewards and power position earned by others . Collaborative
6 February 2020
Loads of rules - typical government job without being a government employee
Find the cheapest place to live as they pay the same if you work in Toronto or Timbucktoo. In the land of sky high rent, you'll want another job to get ahead BUT you won't be able to work another job since your schedule will be a nightmare.
Highly regulated and security focused environment
All work requires validation, and must meet strict protocols and procedures. Working for public sector, creates very serious and cost evaluating environment.
6 February 2020
If you have not done so already, we encourage you to share your concerns with your Manager or your Human Resources representative. Be assured, we will pass on your comments to the appropriate management team. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at careers@olg.ca.
Great
OLG is a great company to rise and shine. In this company there is plenty of room to grow and get valuable experience. I personally have been exposed to many applications which opened a door for me to learn new tools and technologies.
6 February 2020
Overall really Happy, and professional working environment
I am so happy that i am working at OLG, because OLG is a big venture of Ontario, i have learned lots of. New things and also gain good experience from OLG.
Ok place to work, management needs improvement
This job starts early and finishes early, which is a plus, especially in the summer months. You are a working supervisor in this role, which is a good thing as it keeps you from becoming bored. Working with a team of 5 staff per shift has its ups and downs. Department management doesn't bother too much with this job, there's really not a lot to have to deal with. The job requires physical effort to push/pull the carts, bending, lifting, continuous repetitive movements. Count room can be pretty boring so always make sure you have good things to engage in conversation with.
Not a good long term career unless you kiss up
Well it is run by the government so that should tell you plenty. Opportunities are very limited. Mostly Part Time and very few full time. The work culture is the best thing as the employees make it fun despite the heavy hand of management.
Pros
Uniform supplied
Cons
Shifts change daily very little notice
Very Regulated but good benefits
A crown company that produces billions to the province.
NO Job work / life balance except for corporate management team. They privatized their casinos, employees felt disappointed as their retirement plans were vanished and no longer able to contribute to Ontario Pension Board.
Great Place for work life balance
Great opportunities to work directly with retailers, in the community or in the field. Great work life balance,team players.Great products to represent.
Productive and fun work
Overall working here is great, the only reason I left was because the call center was infested with bed bugs and management did nothing about it. I'm not too sure how it is now.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unclean
Good public sector co
Good opportunity for advancement. Tough but fair executive corps. Good hours and good place to have/raise kids. Lots of respect / flexibility in work hours.