Olds College

Olds College Employee Review

View all Olds College reviews

Job was long hours, and away from family
Heavy Equipment Instructor (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB2 February 2018
Had to take contracts at 3 month intervals, and there was no guarantee that there was another contract after the first, so it was always a worry about consistent work. Other then doing one contract with a well qualified partner, the other 3 programs that I ran for the college I was given previous students that had come out of the program to come out as assistant Instructors which I thought was not a good practice but it was not my call.

Also the equipment was donated, and not in the greatest of shape.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long hours, and not a lot of support

Other Olds College Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB20 January 2020
Enjoyed my time at Olds College. Leadership changed a number of times over my time there and each change brought new and varied experiences that were challenging.
Educational and engaging with the residence. Also adaptable to work around one schedule.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB8 January 2020
Engaged with the residence of the college by either activities hosted by us, or stopping by and talk with residence on rounds every night. There are two responsibilities. First one is the wellness of the residence - planning events once a month, designing a bulletin board with awareness relating to collage life or internationally (black history month), and resolving conflict when occurs. The second responsibility is the safety of the residence and enforcing policy of the rental agreement every residence signs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olds College. Our community is ready to answer.

Olds College Reviews by Location