Old Navy Employee Reviews

cashier and sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 July 2018
punched in was told which section of floor i am on or what cash register im at. customers as (in my location) did the most, and management was all over the place
Brand Associate
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 July 2018
I love working at Old Navy. I've improved my customer service in this year. That was my first job offer in Canada. I thank my manager for the opportunity!
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 July 2018
Old Navy is a very welcoming company to work for and I thoroughly enjoyed it. When you make a mistake, the employees/managers were very understanding.
Pros
friendly
Cons
short hours
It's never a dull moment.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 July 2018
Most days are hectic due to having to balance out customer servicing while accomplishing the task that needs to be done for the day. Although sometimes customers can be difficult, it helps to be surrounded by amazing colleagues who make bad situations better.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 July 2018
Old Navy was good first experience as a sales associate for me. All my team members were very nice and easy to work with. However, if you're looking for a full time job, it might not be the place for you.
Pros
great work team
Cons
worked no more than 20hrs a week
Fun, High Energy Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB29 June 2018
Working at Old Navy is a wonderful experience. You get to learn everything from being a cashier to being a merchandising lead, and have fun while doing it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not always getting the time off that you request
Super busy,non stop work and fun
Solid customer service and sales records (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC22 June 2018
I worked in Old Navy for about 2 years. I learned to work and be fast at the same time as it was very busy place.
It was very productive and fun .
Management was very friendly and fun. They treated the staff very fair and nice.
Fun and great place to work but lacking in oppurtunity
customer service and organization (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 June 2018
Good place to get work experience but hours and opportunity is very limited. With so many employees its hard to get a good amount of hours for a part time worker. Overall a good place to work though.
Learn a lot
service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 June 2018
Learn a lot of new and different things and you have to be ready to communicate with people and be quick and active. Push yourself to the limit as much as you can.
Gerante
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 June 2018
Ma gerante etais vraiment difficile avec les employés
Great environment with great staff
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2018
Wonderful place to work, very lenient with students and knowing school comes first. Managers are pleasant to be around and so are other co-workers. Easy and quick place to catch on to.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
not many hours
Good place for High school students
Floor Worker and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 June 2018
Really liked working at Old Navy, however they don't give very many hours.Everyone that works there is awesome, management is super understanding and down to earth. highly recommend if you need to make a little cash on the side.
Pros
not super invasive on your life
Cons
not very much money
productive
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 June 2018
"The employee discount is AWESOME" "Work life balance could be better" I have been working at Old Navy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have the best managers and coworkers. It's a very fun environment with great management and the company really takes care of its employees with treats for different occasions and rewards/acknowledgement for good work.

Cons

Nothing stands out to me. Occasional difficult customers but a manager will take over if necessary.
A learning experience.
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB4 June 2018
Company has great values, not necessarily shared instore. Employees get good discount, work long hours on feet. Management struggles. Training is ok - never enough information given.
Pros
Discount, music in store, benefits
Cons
Long hours, sore feet, not enough communication for job success
A fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC3 June 2018
There's always something to do at Old Navy which makes the day pass in a blur of good conversation/service with clients and kind encouraging words from experienced/new co-workers.
Pros
Employee Discount, Optimistic Co-Workers
Cons
Learning new skills needed for position alone/or on the job
Chilled out workplace, good for high school and uni students
sales associate and department lead (Former Employee) –  St. Vital, MB2 June 2018
Work was relaxed and fun generally speaking, hours were sometimes irritatingly low, management was okay, the work was easy and generally enjoyable. Not much room for advancement. Usually a day at work involved helping out customers, cleaning up the store and running product.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Varying hours, very part time
Management Team
Department Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2018
Young manager that dont have enough mature or work experience to lead people. Not all of them, but some dont behavior properly according to their position.
great atmosphere
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2018
It was a good place to work at. I enjoyed my time there. The managers are all very understanding, there is all positive vibes from the environment. Honestly you learn something new each and everyday.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 May 2018
i enjoyed working there, the team was very supportive. Always guiding me though each task and offering if i needed help but at the same time giving me a task and i was able to show if i was able to complete it.
Holiday Worker
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  charlottetown, PE28 May 2018
I worked here for about two months. Just for the Christmas season. Everyone was nice, but I felt helpless when customers would ask for help. I didn't know anything and wasn't really given a tour of the place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K