Old Navy Employee Reviews

Unorganized, unfriendly workplace.
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 April 2018
A typical work day is unenergized and boring. The only fun was interacting with customers at the cash. The managers were not very pleasant to work with.
The Best
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC19 April 2018
The team at Old Navy is one of the most amazing management team I have ever worked with.. it feels like a big family, they are always there for you no matter what! Working with everyone is always fun. They are very informative of everything and give everyone a chance to experience different roles/positions within the company. Definitely would recommend!!!!
Pros
everything
Cons
little hours
Boring
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 April 2018
Was not the best to have as when it is dead you just fold clothes for hours and don't get to talk with other people working there so you get very bored folding by yourself
Fun workplace, a great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON9 April 2018
Staff was incredibly welcoming the first few shifts I had. I learned a lot about retail and marketing, of course the brand as well and what Gap Inc. stands for as a company. If you are looking for a first job in sales, Old Navy is a great place to be.
Fun place to work in and good co workers and employees.
Sales/cashier (Current Employee) –  Square one9 April 2018
I like this company as it is very nice and pleasent area to work in. This company has been far a very great company to work with and associate with. Also , this company offers alot of variables in ghrowth and ability and oppurtunities.
Pros
Building skills
Cons
Overall a fun place to work at... BUT
Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 April 2018
The workers are what made the work amazing. I had great relationships with my equals and the ones below me.

Management was extremely strict and some were fake to your face.

There are a lot of pressures to be working as a cashier lead. The amount of pressure to keep emails high were the hardest.
Especially on extremely slow days.

Although, I was a Cashier lead and quite frankly a lot of the workers were not recognized for their efforts.
I was told this many, many times as a lead.

When talking to management they fix it for a week and everything goes back to normal.

Overall the work was not very hard, you just have to put your mind to it.

I met amazing people here. I just wish I was treated a little bit better.

*I worked in the Vancouver AREA but not necessarily Vancouver.
Pros
discounts (sometimes)
Cons
management
Amazing Brand Awareness
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rideau Center Ottawa ON6 April 2018
Gap Inc. is immersed in its culture and it is evident in every aspect from hiring to marketing. All in all Old Navy is a great place to work and grow with very few exceptions.
Decent place to work for retail
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
Old Navy is a decent company to work for with advantages and disadvantages. As a company in the retail sector it is one of the better ones to work for overall.
Flexible & Professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 April 2018
A wonderful company to work for, always willing to go above and beyond not only for customers but staff members as well. The employers are always up to date on recent procedures and safety protocalls.
Environnement productif et chaleureux
Représentante vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC4 April 2018
Chez Old Navy, le employés sont sympathiques entre eux , il ya une très bonne ambiance de travail.
Pros
Très bonne ambiance de travail
Productive and great crew!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC1 April 2018
Old Navy is an amazing place to work at. The crew and management department are all very nice, and organized. The hardest part of the job is receiving more hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
workplace
Stock Associate/Retail (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 March 2018
had no hours ,just lots to do with bad training
just be throwing in the job even if u don't know what you're doing
high turn over rate of staff, the main office is in the USA but take for ever to get stuff done
Amazing team, great customers, love the clothes!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 March 2018
Was a good starting job when i first went into retail, i learned a lot and i loved the management and staff. I was young and they worked around my school schedule. Lots of visuals, but always seeing the new clothes was awesome!
Pros
Fun, good hours
Great Part-time place to work
Store Marketing and Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2018
If you are looking to break into the retail industry and learn from a company that has been successful, this is a great place to start. You are given the opportunity to find what you are good at, the management is willing to teach you and it is a fun hardworking workplace culture.

The hardest part is working on a slow day, the busy days go by so quickly.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Work/life balamce
Okay place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
There was nothing special nor negative about working here. It was a basic part time job where I got discounts on clothes. Hours were friendly and staff was polite.
A workplace where you can enjoy and experience different customers.
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
The management was good until It started changing out of no where. However, it is a great experience to work with many co workers and make the area as clean as possible. I learned how to fold clothes, sell a target per day and enjoy the job. The hardest part was when you fold clothes and within 5 minutes customers come and mess it up.
Friendly place to be
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 March 2018
Work generally started at about 5:30-6AM it was a good place to work even though the early hours made it a bit hard to manage when first starting. The job was fast paced and hard at first but easy to learn. The staff was very friendly and was very welcoming
fun to work
Sales Associate/Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 March 2018
It is the best to place to work and the best management team and always customer friendly people with all up to time service, the hardest part of the job is when there is no customers because I am not able to show my skills.
fun place to work
Cashier and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
everyone is friendly and out going at the workplace, I learned how to have a lot of patience with customers and how to use postive communication, fun place!
fun and inviting place to work!
SALES ASSOCIATE & CO OP STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 March 2018
I love working at old navy and being able to help guests find what they need, not to mention the staff is an incredible group of people. Sadly I am not currently getting the amount of hours that I need.
Pros
staff, fun themed days
Cons
very little hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K