Old Navy Employee Reviews

Found 657 reviews matching the search See all 8,226 reviews
Great place to work but no hours to give
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON9 February 2019
I was hired by an old manager I knew and once I got hired there was no training session. Had I of not picked up any shifts I wouldn't have gotten any shifts for at least a month. I always had 3 hour shifts and I only got them maybe once or twice a week every 2 months or so. I never worked enough to really learn what I was doing and never felt totally comfortable in my job.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No hours.
It's a great side hustle
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2019
Old Navy is super flexible and, depending what location you are, the managers are super sweet, understanding and friendly! I love it there but the only drawback I see, but this might be dependant on your schedule, are the shifts-- 3-3.5 hours. Perfect for students looking for a side hustle
Pros
understanding management, chilled environment and flexible availability
Cons
short hours, limited shifts during dead period, minimum wage
8 February 2019

We understand that scheduling can be a pain-point for some of our employees and we are working to improve how we staff our stores. Thank you for your feedback.

environnement hostile
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2019
lenvironnement et sale et mal organiser
les personnes sont desagreable
Cons
environnement nosif
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 January 2019
I loved working here mainly because of the managers and my coworkers. I have learned a lot here and gained plenty of soft skills that I can transfer to different positions.
8 February 2019

It's important for us to teach our employees skills they can use on and off the job, regardless of where their careers take them. Thanks for the feedback.

Gained commercial awareness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2019
Typical day at work was spent folding and arranging clothes in their proper section, informing customers about current sales and deals and assisting them with different sizes or returns etc
Good Company Ethics
Cashier/Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC20 January 2019
We were well trained for the job we had to do and the management is good. We feel like a family when we work there. The only downside is the amount of hours you can get. Because it's retail it can be extremely dead after New Years so you basically don't get any hours. This doesn't help with the fact that they hire a lot of employees and can't promise you a certain amount of hours guaranteed.
8 February 2019

We're sorry to learn of your perspective with scheduling. We understand this can be a pain point for some employees and we are working diligently to improve how we staff our stores. Thank you for your feedback.

Toxic workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 January 2019
The management at the eglinton t/c is so poorly chosen its actually so bad. Multiple managers have asked personal and inappropriate questions and try to involve themsleves into your business. And if you're not on their good side they cut your hours so quick. The managers talk badly about each other and always have rude comments to say about the employees.
Pros
co-workers make it a fun place
Cons
not enough hours and poor management
30 January 2019

We are disappointed to hear this. We take this feedback to heart and understand the impact our leaders have on the experience of our employees. We will keep your comments in mind as we continue to drive growth across the organization.

Great Coworkers
Seasonal Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2019
I worked around the Christmas time period. Great experience for a fast pace environment. Most co workers were awesome to work with. Over all it was a cool place to work with great discount on clothing. Customers were also polite. Downside would be the wacky hours and poor management with to many managers. And not a good fit for grown adults.
Pros
Clothing discount, good coworkers
Cons
Poor management, poor training, wacky hours
A bit Messy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON15 January 2019
I was a Seasonal store associate, and seasonal workers generally get less hours except on holidays, which helped me balance school and work. Management was a bit confusing and not very approachable, but the store was maintained very well and orders were always made on time. I was never trained up from the most basic of tasks, although I also attribute this to my job being seasonal. I was paid minimum wage, which at the time was 11.40$. My biggest complaint was that many of my coworkers were quite unapproachable and unfriendly. a 30% employee discount is also given upon being hired.
Pros
Less hours, 30% Employee Discount
Cons
Management and coworkers unapproachable
24 January 2019

We believe Gap Inc. should be a place where all of our employees feel welcomed and supported. We're sorry to hear your experience did not reflect this. As we continue to drive positive change across the organization, we will keep your comments in mind.

productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC14 January 2019
good company learned new things which help to develop my career and good working environment to work with it has good and supportive people i highly recommend this company
Pros
friendly and fun workplace
Cons
less hours
24 January 2019

We believe in setting our employees up for success, regardless of where their careers take them. There's a reason why we have so many employees who have been with the company for so long. Thanks for recommending us as an employer!

Learned
Brand associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 January 2019
Learned what a positive and fast paced work environment was like, the other employees were very friendly and understanding which made it easy to communicate. Also had great organization when it came to all equipment and figuring out offers and special store deals.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Schedule confusion
24 January 2019

We work hard to create a culture and work environment in which all our employees are able to roll up their sleeves and contribute to our mission. Thanks for sharing!

Poorly managed
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada12 January 2019
Initially it was a very lovely experienced, however due to hiring policies the amount of people employed directly impacted the ability for the company to provide sufficient hours of work. The amount of hours upon hiring went from 30 hours a week to around 4-5, which was a large upset for many people
24 January 2019

We appreciate your feedback regarding scheduling. We know this can be a pain-point for some of our employees, and we're actively working to improve how we staff our stores. Thank you for sharing.

Review
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2019
The hours i did get were minimal, I would have weeks without and shifts, and weeks where I would only have 1 shift. I came with minimal training and due to high volume of workers, it has caused me to have no shifts
24 January 2019

We understand that scheduling can be a pain-point for some of our employees. We're constantly working to improve how we staff our stores, making sure we're putting our time, talent, and energy in the right places at the right times. Thank you for your review.

Good place to work at
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2019
I liked the energy of this job and the professionalism a majority of the employees had. Management could use a bit of work and maybe their employee training a bit better.
23 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback about training. We are working hard on new development plans and training resources to help our employees improve their skills.

isolated
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
long 8 hours
break time was awful
to deal with customers and sales
management was strict
very quiet
waking up to attend work
walking around the store was the best part and stocking clothes
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 January 2019
We are always working in a fun and happy mood. We love helping out customer. We give out fun and colourful balloons to little children. On black Friday we give out treats to customers who are waiting in the cash line.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Hours
23 January 2019

We love this! We mean it when we say we're customer-obsessed. Thanks for sharing!

tenir la boutique
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 January 2019
le travail consiste à tenir la boutique propre et à venir en aide aux clients
Do I Have This In A Large? Let Me Check...
Sales Representative (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 January 2019
Overall.. It was an experience and one that lasted for awhile but while working and going to school F/T it was difficult to make friends outside of work.. This place was great though and the staff was friendly!
Good place, yet horrible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC3 January 2019
For being a small store, the staff is too big. And the hiring continues. This means fewer hours for every person. Sometimes you don't get hours for WEEKS even MONTHS.
Pros
amazing employee discount
Cons
horrible hours
23 January 2019

We've read your comments regarding scheduling. We understand that this can be a pain point for some of our employees. We are constantly working hard to ensure we're putting our time, talent, and efforts in the right places at the right times. Thank you for sharing.

fun job, HORRIBLE management
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2018
Co-workers and the work itself were absolutely fine, however, the management was horrific from the start. There is absolutely no communication. They consistently hire new people and do not train them, just shove them onto the floor and expect them to know how the store works. It's just ridiculous, not to mention the scheduling of shifts, where they overschedule people and either send them home or cancel the shift the day prior. Management is just unreliable and in some ways seems to have favoritism towards certain people, giving them hours.
Point of advice, don't hire people for work if you aren't going to give them work. It is unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
floor environment.
Cons
management
14 January 2019

We're disappointed to hear of your experience. We understand that our leadership has a vital role in the experiences of our employees. We are committed to offering comprehensive resources for our managers to help them succeed in their particular roles and ensure they're supporting their teams. Thank you for your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K