Old Navy

Old Navy Employee Reviews

In my experience at old navy as a part-time seasonal worker, over last Christmas season 2019-2020 Management hired people on before giving existing employees hours. They will only keep you as long as they need you and then they will be looking for a new person to hire. Very unsatisfying reward for putting in my fair share of commitment as an employee.
Pros
Mamagement smokes marijuana
Cons
They are a disappointing location
Was referred to this job by an old acquaintance. Management is extremely racist and abusive towards certain staff members. Anything you mention to the general manager or other management is never kept confidential and guaranteed privacy breeches at work. Harassed daily at work and verbally abused by several managers and no matter how many times you complain, higher up management will never do a thing to rectify the situation. The coworkers are also not pleasant to work with as they like to chit chat amongst each other and lie to rattle your nerves for their own amusement.
Pros
Going home after dealing with this insufferable workplace
Cons
Having to deal with this insufferable workplace.
i really enjoyed working there but as soon as you bring up anything regarding your work and needing it get done the management gossips about you and treats you unwell
Pros
discount
Cons
gossip and rude management
Old Navy's work culture leaves a lot to be desired. Most F/T positions are eliminated & most currently employed are P/T staff. Old Navy offers a learning environment for providing customer service, but offers zero feedback from managers on areas of improvement. Constant store moves makes locating merchandise difficult. Managers not always easy to get along with.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Must have organizing skills
Old Navy has great, friendly managers who keep the store running well. The environment amongst employees is positive and the job isn't too mentally straining.
Pros
Flexible hours, good breaks
Cons
work very early and/or very late at times
I have been a "lead" for a while now. I've moved from stores and they always promote "it's about our people".. honestly b.s. I have seen countless managers treat others like garbage. The environments are toxic because of the managers. The last store I worked at was the second time I had seen a manager come from outside of the company, get treated like garbage, have to deal with gossip and get mo support and then quit or leave. The GM's are allowed to act like children treating their subordinates like they are beneath them when it's their assistants that are making them look good. I've seen associates passed over for promotions because they arent a favorite. I have been in 3 different stores and seen this so it's not bias. I couldn't do it anymore. This last manager, was hard working, went above and beyond for my coworkers and I to stay positive and have fun. She gave us little rewards. She always talked positively about the GM and the other assistants although o would hear the things they said about her not only to eachother but some of the staff that were supposed to become leads.. they may be now I dont know I left. If you're cliquey and can fit in it's a great place I just couldnt stomach the stuff I've seen and nothing gets done about it. Thank God I don't have to go there another day.
Pros
Discounts, volunteer or charity stuff
Cons
Gossip, cliquey, toxic managers, toxic culture behind closed doors
fantastic company to work for; inclusive, generous, positive environmentfabulous management team attracts excellent team memberstreated fairly, inclusively, and respectfully at all times
i mostly enjoyed greeting and meeting individuals, letting them know the discounts going on and they had great management. the hardest part of the job was nothing because if i dont know something i will ask to know what to do by myself since i like to work independently but have support if needed.
The job is good. You fold clothes and then work cash. Management expects you to work really fast and be super nice to all the customers all the time. Yearly review is annoying but still helpful. This job can get overwhelming with the amount of customers but mangers will back you up. Not a lot of room for growth to become a manager.
Pros
Good employee environment
Cons
A lot of running and standing and rushing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Navy?
This job was really fun but definitely not for everyone. Its super fast-paced and competitive! Fun job and nice workers though, everyone is very understanding!
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Stressful
I am a newer employee and after training I was put into the least busy section of the store to fold and clean the entire shift and no further training in any other section
I was hired as a part-time seasonal brand ambassador recently. In the beginning I got many shifts per week as I had put an open availability. A few weeks later, they hired about ten new seasonal associates. After this I only recieved one shift efore being let go. Why do they have to keep hiring so many people when they know that they won't be able to give everyone hours. This is called wasting our time. I could have applied somewhere else if I had know that they did this. I'm really not impressed. They later said to me that their business is slow.
Pros
Awesome employee discount
Cons
Can get boring during your shift, and lack of hours
I worked there for around 4 years (not consecutively) I really enjoyed working at old Navy, management was great, they were very accommodating, work environment was fun and you did get to advance depending on what you wanted ( just let them know if you want to progress within the company) it's an a awesome first retail job and a good choice in general , I got to work in all sorts of areas and was able to help train new employees, so you'll never get bored of doing the same thing
Pros
Flexibility, pay, security
Cons
Work hours can be short for new employees/sales trainees at the beginning
They never communicate with me, and never trying to work with me, and also they never let me know that when and what time for on schedule to be prepare work. F*CK THEM! they are discrimistration!
Pros
Discounts if you buy the clothes
Cons
Horrible bosses and supervisors
It's a positive work environment, assisting the customers is what I enjoy most, plus the good vibe in the store in general. Lots of things to learn, which I found fun!
Pros
Awesome management/ colleagues
Cons
Lack of hours
The main problem at this store is the management, in particular the general manager. She's fake and toxic. Everyone is afraid of her. She is biased against anglophones. She embarasses employees in front of clients. When HER boss comes, she acts like a completely different person, like she cares about you. Other managers backstab you, throw you under the bus. Cliques among employees.
Pros
Gap inc. is a good organization. Work for Gap or Banana Republic instead. Better culture.
Cons
Too many to list.
Where I work, it is absolutely amazing. I feel so welcomed and like we’re a family. The management is even great and that’s so amazing to find in a work place. The best job I have ever had.
Pros
Family place, good spread out on breaks.
Cons
N/a
Made some amazing friends there. Management was pretty hard assed at the time and didn’t quite get that 16 year olds need time off every now and then. Other than that they are very inclusive and have a wide variety of jobs and hours!
Pros
Good atmosphere, fun day to day, good discounts
Cons
Bad management
Working here was the bane of my existence; the managers didn't care about my availability at all. I've cried in front of them before due to the stress.
Pros
Nice Cowerkers who also hate it here so we could vent to each other :)
Cons
Didn't care about availability nor mental health of workers.
I just find that there is too much direction from the people that work behind a desk. We have to touch the same merchandise up to 4 times. A lot of time wasted. Payroll is almost non existent. Big store and only 1 leader and 2 associates to run it!
Pros
pays well
Cons
Stressful
don't waste your time with this company. No respect from any one. Stupid hours or shifts got cut all the time. Managers thought low of everyone.dibt waste your time
  1. Employee reviews