Old Navy

Working at Old Navy: Employee Reviews

Canada993 reviews

Found 993 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,149 reviews

Fun beginner job

Great place to work with if you like to chat with your costumers and to improve your communication skills. Lots of memorization since there's a sale almost every week

Fun place to work , but needs improvement

Old navy Is a great place to work wore beginners . Coworkers are extremely friendly . However , always short staffed . Expect to be in the fitting room, the salesfloor, and cash all in one shift .

Insights into Old Navy

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Fast paced environment, in which you pretty much need to learn on your own.

I had been a shopper at Old Navy for years, so I thought working there would be great. The staff are young for the most part, but a lot of fun and strong relationships are built. The manager was a poor leader. Took advantage of her position there, spent little to no time on the sales floor to coach and develop her team. I had requested multiple times to have an opportunity out for formal hands on visual training, and received none in almost 9 mths.

Pros

Great discount at multiple brands.

Cons

High expectation with little to no support

It was Okay

Okay for temporary summer job, but otherwise it was super busy and hard to get hours. Some supervisors were just rude but just don't take them too seriously.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Rude supervisors

Toxic management

In the beginning working here was alright, but once they had new management it was a disaster. If you’re a student and seem as though you prioritize anything else over working, they’ll automatically dislike you and cut your hours. They only want people who live and breathe for the company.

great company with good benefits

great company with good benefits, well knowledged staff, decent pay and some overtime opportunities. decent rotating job duties are well for anyone .

Fun but stressful

Great job but comes with alot of stress and lack of support from upper management staff is great it is fast paced so be prepared for that lots of changes so you never feel caught up

Pros

Discount

Cons

Stress

Decent retail job

I worked for Old Navy for about 5 years. It was a decent experience. If you are into fast fashion and value this is good place to work. Very high paced and often fun.

Production and good

Friendly staff, good environment to come to daily . I enjoyed retail , I get to see new cloths daily Bombay Hair, a Shogun customer, displays before and after images of its hair extensions on their customers. With genuine customer images, shoppers get a clear picture of how the hair extensions will look on their hair

If you want to make as little money as possible with managers constantly nagging you, than go ahead, work here ....

They never stop talking and complaining on the "walkie-talkie" that you must have strapped-on your ear the entire shift.I have to hear middle-age women complain and cry my entire shift, right inside my ear.They need to give Employees more freedom and responsibilities rather than constantly nagging at us.I had a more positive time dealing with customers than my managers.Customers would treat you with dignity/respect, managers would constantly berate you and all the employees.

Toxic and Stressful

The management staff is always changing, the schedule is inconsistent and they rarely respect days off/school schedules. Managers often don’t listen and don’t help out on the floor (leave employees to fend for themselves). Overall very messy and a stressful work environment that many ex-employees wouldn’t recommend joining.

Fast-paced - customer service role

Your shift starts and ends with helping customers find the item they are looking for. Management is helpful and team members are supportive. Not the best place to work but also not the worst

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

shifts - not enough hours

Slow paced. Bad management

Honestly it was great at first and it is a good job but it can be very slow at times and management is always in the back office watching the cameras chatting and they can be rude to you when it comes to work.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Bad management, terrible wage/raises.

Easy work environment

Overall easy work environment great for a highschool student. If you’re looking for full time work this is not the place for you. The hours a very limited.

Too impatient to train new people

I loved this job, was very excited to get it but they did not bother to train me properly. If i did something wrong they would just take over for me and do the rest of the the task and tell me to wait in the corner for something else to pop up to do. They are extremely impatient and do not care for their staff. If they don’t get it in the first day the managers just treat you like garbage. They made snide comments and looked like they were speaking about me behind my back all the time. They even said they were considering to promote me to higher ups but then never bothered to train me on anything else, gave me less shifts or cancelled the ones i did have until i quit. I was then told by another coworker if you aren’t in the schedule system for a month you’re automatically fired which is what they were going to do to me instead of just telling me straight up that i am not doing a good job. they never went over anything with me or pulled me aside to give me feedback they just let me walk over the store looking confused and none of the other employees did anything because they were all too busy as they were understaffed. when i first got there they had a whole bunch of people quit at the same time. i should have taken that as a warning and never take the job.

Pros

good breaks, friendly coworkers.

Cons

horrible, unorganized management. over worked staff.

It has its moments

I worked as a merch manager for 3 years, at first it was great , and as higher ups changed (dm) it did not feel the same. You work so hard , and have many accomplishments and there is no gratitude no thank you, unless you kissing A**. The turn around for leaders and staff hot so bad. The workload started to double, however with the same amount of resources it was impossible. Time to move on.

Stressful and no proper management.

Extremely stressful and no proper management since October 2021. Promised with minimal of 20 hours but hardly 20 hours get allocated even. Very disappointed working here . Apparently things are worse since end of last year 2021.

Not fun

kinda not good if you don’t want to be over worked and constantly bugged about going faster when you’re already going as fast as you can it’s not fun when you know you’re not going to advance

A great place to develop social skills and team work!

Overall, I look back and think I had a great time and have very fond memories looking back working here for 2 years. The managers are really nice and friendly. They can be your friend, but also be a normal manager as well. The team I met here is the best team of coworkers I've ever had in my entire working career. I've met some great friends working here. I definitely learned a lot while working especially when it comes to communication and learning to work as a team. I would say the hardest part of the job would definitely be dealing with customers, trying to keep the store clean during busy hours and the stress that comes with low staff and meeting shipment expectations. Sometimes I would be fearing for my life when it comes to doing moves or changing mannequins, so it's best to ask for help in those cases.

Pros

Nice and friendly coworkers and managers

Cons

Dealing with certain customers, low staff seasons, packed parking lots, trying to keep the store neat during busy hours

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Upper management has no concept of what it takes to run each individual store. They expect that all store run the same and are not willing to identify opportunities for each individual store! Would not recommend this company for management nor sales associates.

Pros

Management pays well

Cons

Poor upper management

Typical retail experience

Your experience heavily depends on what store you work at; it can be very fast-paced if it is at a busy location or it can be very relaxed at a quieter location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement