Old Navy Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2018
The management is terrible, they don't give you instruction but get mad when you take initiative, they schedule your shifts 3:45 so that they don't have to legally provide breaks and will schedule you multiple times in one day
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2018
Fun work environment.
Lots of folding.
Great place for a first job.
A good mix of high school students, university students and graduates work there making for a diverse mix of people.
Pros
fun
très positif
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  carrefour laval13 February 2018
J'ai beaucoup aimé ça et c'était un endroit très professionnel.
Pros
Co-équipières et professionnalisme
Cons
aucun
Amazing Job Experience
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 February 2018
Working here probably gave me the best work experience I've had in a while. The biggest aspect I took away from Old Navy was the team and how quickly they brought me into the family. Everyone looked out for each other and made sure we all worked to our full potential.
It is a nice place to work but very irriatating and tiring at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2018
Old navy is a nice place to work but it can be very irritating and tiring at times. The actual tasks at hand are very easy to do but the management team is very unfriendly and many of the employees fine them unapproachable and find it very unpleasant to work there.
Trash
Full Times Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 February 2018
Needed some quick cash, was in high school was the only reason why I worked there. If anyone has the opportunity to work anywhere else I would highly recommend it to them.
Great Customer Service Experience
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2018
Great place for a customer service job which will teach you about the basics about a retail environment. Friendly staff and customers made this place a real joy to work at. Just like any other retail work they have their ups and downs in volume and busyness. One thing that did not appeal to me was the lack of hours and shifts available which is a main reason why I decided to leave.
horrible management with little camaraderie
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Vital, MB30 January 2018
The staff is treated very unfairly. You not trained properly and expected to do things above and beyond your role. There is constant drama between the managers and there is never any clear plan to make the store a better place
Diverse work force
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2018
A work day typically involve long stretches of customer wanting to purchase clothes, or little to no customer in store. A fun place to work for people who are outgoing.
Pros
Cloth discounts
Cons
Short hours
It's your typical first job
Sellebrity' Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 January 2018
My first job for a whole year, but I definitely wanted to go before then.

Management is okay and relaxed, but favoritism is easily noticed.
Because it's usually a stepping stone job, there's always new staff coming and current staff quitting, so you don't get to make a lot of solid relationships.
Training is also very brief as they throw you in without any guidance much afterward. They want you to think for yourself but at the same time, not do the wrong thing without telling you what not to do.

However, it's a lot of fun during busy seasons or special sale days; everyone gets to be more festive and there's potlucks in the lunch room.
It's also an easy first job since you don't do that much besides fold and hang everything.
Pros
Fun busy seasons, time off requests are easy, relaxed management
Cons
Repetitive work, mindless tasks, occasional crazy customer, favoritism
old navy
Old Navy / Sales Associate / Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
Old Navy shifts are only three hours and (max) forty - five minutes. nothing more because they hire too many staff employees and don't allowed a paid break
good strong environment
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
strong team culture if ur looking to get into a workplace thats fasted paced always on your feet then old navy is the right place for u i honestly love working for old navy
Zero Hours, Favouritism in Workplace
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 January 2018
You'll only get hours if they like you, otherwise will continuously give you zero hours until you quit. They will give you a 15 minute break on a 5 hour shift and then force you to clock out early to avoid Labour Law violation. They do not pay the minimum 3 hours for work and claim that they do it because employee volunteered to go home early, despite employees not knowing this rule.
Productive Work Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 January 2018
Was a good enviornment to work in with very friendly staff. Came in to work and would start my shift by checking in with the manager on duty then i would begin to fold clothes, replenish clothes and also work on cash.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
short hours
Cancelling and adding shifts
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 January 2018
At least once a week they will add or cancel a shift. They do not give enough notice, commonly less that 12 hours notice. They call at 9:30pm to add a 6:00am shift. There was once a span of 8 days when they cancelled three of my shifts and I was left with one three hour shift (it was our off season so sales were not well, but not excused)
Pros
Early starts so you finish early
Cons
Unpaid lunch
Moments of excitment and fun
STOCK SUPERVISOR/TRAINING AND OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 January 2018
There is a lot of repetitive work and redundancies that need to be worked out on a day to day level.
The Management on a whole are pretty awesome however it vastly differs by location.
The amount of part time employees per store is over the need of the business which leaves a lot of employees without work for up to 2 weeks at a time.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks and paid 15 min breaks per 9 hour shift
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Fun Workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 January 2018
Fun place to work, great management. They don't rush to put you in any position. They make sure you're comfortable before putting you in a certain area. Plus a great employee discount.
Pros
Great discount!
Productive service
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2018
-Help customers find what they wanted/needed to the best of my ability
-Cash out customers making them feel content with their purchase
-Maintain the folded clothes
-Hang The clothes that needed to be hung
Pros
free food
Cons
low hours
Very productive workplace.
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 January 2018
Working at Old Navy was an amazing experience. I met and worked with great people, got the chance to work and grow with an amazing team and learn so many new skills.
awful, would not reccomend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2018
the staff treated me horrible and put all of the extra work on me and then said that i wasnt doing it fast enough when they werent doing anything at all. took me for granted and underpaid.
Cons
not given enough hours when others were working 16 hour shifts, underpaid and treated poorly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52K