Old Dutch Foods Employee Reviews

Unfair workplace
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2018
I worked in the shipping section. Management are bias and racist. They also expect you to do co workers job when they are not present which causes favoritism among others.
Pros
High Pay and Good Benefits
Cons
Humid environment, racism, unbalanced
Very stressful fast paced job
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 May 2018
The management was disgusting. I worked in the shipping section and the supervisor was disgusting. He didnt like to help/take time to support whenever I needed help with something. Pay was good but couldnt stand him and the lack of staff. Also beware of laid off (mid nov)
Pros
Good pay, benefit
Cons
Little to no help, rest, expect to handle co workers job when they arent on time/present
Customer Service based
Driver/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
The job at Old Dutch was a very competitive great opportunity for myself. I went through a six weeks training and probationary period. I was then made a relief driver, taking over the drivers routes when they were on holiday or helping when I was not needed to take over. The hours ranged from 50-60 hours weekly and gradually less the longer i was there.
Pros
Worked independently and was great pay
Cons
Very long weekdays with no time for my family
It is an allright place to work in
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 March 2018
It was allright working for them, however you need 25 hrs aday to finish your job. You start from 5am till maybe 7pm and sometimes weekends, it will suitable for someone who is single.
Long ridiculous days and expectations
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 February 2018
Very long days even and always expecting to complete your daily route clock. No family time, will burn you out. Only commission no salary + com how it should be. Merchandisers could make more than RSR representative with the long hours you put in.
Pros
Free out of date chips
Cons
Long hours, management expects all stores done, no salary with commision.
Great Earnings As Long As You Put In The Time
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2018
Started by being a relief driver, quickly was promoted to company route driver, and then eventually owned my own route. Old Dutch was a very lucrative job but it was many long days to make it such. twelve to fourteen hour days, six days a week left very little family time but it paid a lot of bills. I would probably still be there if it wasn't from being T-boned in an intersection on my way to work on Christmas Eve and being advised to complete my day instead of going to hospital. My family decided that a change needed to take place. Not only for health but for life balance, and unity.
Pros
Great wage and support
Cons
very long hours, No benefits.
Sell you the dream, you service the nightmare
Relief Retail Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 February 2018
Worst job ever, no team support, no team at all. management pushes for sales, that's it. they expect you to work 12-15 hour days even though they post in the listings 44 hours a week.
Pros
free stale chips
Cons
everything about the company and management
Fun job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON24 January 2018
Working for Old Dutch Foods was great. Used to deliver products to stores throughout a large area. Was able to make my own hours (within a reasonable time frame). Management was supportive.
Pros
Job was a lot of fun.
Cons
Sometimes long days
Intriguing
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
Learnt how to operate production machines. Fun, challenging and growth oriented job. A lot of cross training in different departments. Opportunity to potentially move ahead on the company corporate ladder.
Pros
Challenged me to better my self
Cons
Nepotism
Sales Representative- Serviced (Former Employee) –  Elmsdale, NS16 November 2017
Great work/Life balance. Very repetitive job but it was easy for the most part and the people were great. Good pay and benefits. Feel like your part of something and everything you do benefits you and your pay.
Fast paced, strict, good pay
Seasonal Packer (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB15 November 2017
Overall it was a decent place to work I only worked there for a month and a half so I may have a biased opinion because I was also only there for the busiest time of the year! The best part was the pay and the people I met while I worked there.
Sales
Food Products Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2017
You Start early and Finish Late working extremely hard with no breaks. No support and lots of stops to do . Lots of work to do with little help given.
Pros
Free Chips
Cons
Extremely Long hours
Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 August 2017
Worked well in a relaxed environment. Had the tools to make accounts successful, Worked well with my customers as i was organized and met their deadlines.
Pros
Good People to work with/for
Cons
Doing the amount of work that used to be 3 positions.
Good Place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2017
Good company, not a lot of room for growth but steady work. Good benefits, easy schedule. Good group of coworkers. Company has an excellent product that almost sells itself.
Good money and hours. Could be a fun work environment.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB2 July 2017
Working at Old Dutch was rewarding, because you left after a shift feeling like you earned your money. The people could be fun to work with, as long as you had a laid back attitude about you. The work environment was decent.
Fast paced career.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2017
Being 100% commission and being dictated 100% as to what you can sell is a bone of contention for me . Other then that management is always one step behind, which causes late execution.
Pros
Free past best before chips
Cons
unappreciated and long work weeks
Not a great company to work for.
Relief Route Sales Representive (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 May 2017
Terrible company to work for. Management always seeking to pass the blame down the ladder when things go wrong. There is no culpability on middle managers or upper management, it always seems to fall on the lowest person on the totem pole.
Experience
Old Dutch Foods Ltd (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2017
Working at old ducth inc. was only a summer job for me, working with my father. He makes decent money and i find that it is one of those jobs that requires you to be motivated in order to make more money.
Very fun and rewarding job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC6 May 2017
I loved the merchandising position. At times hard physically, but definitely worth it. Paid very well and i was able to learn a lot from this position.
Great
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 April 2017
Was a good place to work, people were friendly. Pay was great, lots of driving. Not sure what else I can say. If you get hiried here I'm sure you will love it