Okanagan College

Okanagan College Employee Reviews in Penticton, BC

Penticton, BC5 reviews

collegestudentplacegreattimegoodjobwork

Fantastic place to work

Everyone I have met here is always ready to help. They are friendly and welcoming. They value work life balance. The benefits are amazing and the management are also great to work for.

Amazing professors

I loved going to this college, it was a great experience, and I would definitely go back. I was able to upgrade and take the HCA course and find work after I was done. I still have a few more courses to finish, One day, ill go back.

Pros

free lunches, water botlles

Cons

failed lab because of time

Insights into Okanagan College

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Encouraging Enviornment

Working at Okanagan college gave me the tools to recognize such things as stress that may hinder a students success. Intervention is very important in order to help students achieve their success.

There are better teaching opportunities with other colleges.

I did not have a good experience working at OC (Penticton). My dept was not at all collegial and the dept head unwelcoming and unhelpful. The coordinator was detached. For the most part, I felt very excluded. There was an unfortunate problem with unprofessional behaviour, as well - some dept members negatively discussed each other, also sometimes with students. In general, there was a poor working atmosphere within my dept. Support staff were great - very helpful and friendly. Salary and benefits are weak - comparable institutions pay better and are more professional.

Pros

Great support staff, buildings are very functional & well maintained, I enjoyed working with adult students.

Cons

Salary is below industry average; lacks in collegiality, cooperation & support.

Best Practicum experience!

Great time knowing the field. I recommend the school as a good place to learn and apply all the theory out there into the field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Okanagan College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement